9 years ago
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
No time to say Goodbye...
No farewell words were spoken,
no time to say goodbye, you were
gone before we knew it, and only
God knows why.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I thought of you with love today but that is nothing new
I thought about you yesterday and days before that too,
I think of you in silence I often speak your name
All I have are memories and your picture in a frame
Your memory is my keepsake with which I’ll never part
God has you in His keeping I have you in my heart.
Grandma,
It's been 11 years since I last seen your face or heard your sweet sweet voice, I miss you so much it hurts. At times it seems as if it were only yesterday but then again it seems like so long ago. I remember our last conversation and it plays over and over again in my mind at this time every year, we were planning our Easter family gathering...how I wish that you were here, you were taken from us far too soon...no time to say goodbye, to tell you those words left unspoken...I know you knew how much we loved you but if I had only known..the things I would have said to you.
I love and miss you dearly,
Until we meet again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

*Tears*
ReplyDeletewhat a sweet entry of your grandparents. I really never knew mine. My grandmother on my mother's side died when I was 4. Take care and enjoy your Easter. Nancy
ReplyDeleteYou are one sweet young lady with a big heart. We too know how it feels, but time goes on. We live, love and some time later we will understand and reunite.
ReplyDeleteSweet entry
Love, Sherry &Jack
Ir is wonderful that we will meet them again.. I know how you feel. We keep our loved one in our heart but is not like having them here. Life
ReplyDeleteis fragile. A touching entry.
Shirl
Yes we will meet our loved ones again. I cling to that thought every single day. Have a Happu Easter Terri. and Bo and hubby.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean, Terri.
ReplyDeleteHope you are doing well,
Guido