Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Friends...


Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Hope you all are having a wonderful day filled with love and laughter !

I've been on vacation this week and yesterday I cooked a feast for mine and Jeff's Thanksgiving Dinner...
The table setting...

Our meal consisted of Smoked ham, corn casserole, potato casserole ,country baked beans, rolls, sweet tea...and dutch apple pie as well as pecan pie...it was really good if I may toot my own horn...haha

Last sunday we had Thanksgiving dinner at my inlaws and also celebrated my nieces 12th birthday...we had a great day!

My side of the family doesn't get together on Thanksgiving anymore since my Grandma and Aunt Judy passed on...which makes me really sad because I cherish those memories of everyone gathering on those special occasions...but things change and we must accept that. Everyone is starting their own traditions now that all the grandkids are grown and starting families of their own.... I do enjoy the new traditions as well...who would have thought years ago that I would start cooking our own Thanksgiving Dinner?  Not me...lol   I have found that I really enjoy it though...great quality time for Jeff and I...both of us saying what we are thankful for around the dinner table...and eating leftovers for a couple days. I cherish these memories as well!

I am thankful for God, my husband Jeff, our furbabies Beau and Bentley, our amazing families and friends, our jobs, the roof over our heads and everything we need to survive.  God is so good and we are very blessed!

God Bless you all!

3 comments:

  1. Love the header.
    The meal looks great and I have no doubts it was just as tasty. We had a good day, Sherry & I.

    Sending Love from Central Florida!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a family as large as ours it's hard to get everyone together. Old traditions fade into memories and new traditions are started creating more memories to cherish. Glad you and Jeff enjoyed your feast at home without the rush, rush, rush, of being here, there, and everywhere.

    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!! That must have been delicious! Unfortunatley, my family doesn't cook a Thanksgiving meal anymore. We are all scattered. Thanks for stopping by Joy in the Rain. I am thankful for J-Land and my old and new friends! Have a great rest of the holiday season!! Hugs, Val =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!