Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Prom 2009, UFC, Sisterhood Award...and so on



Bernie passed this Sisterhood Award along to me....Thanks so much girl.....I treasure our friendship.... I would like to pass this award along to all the lovely ladies who read my journal....
Friday night....after Jeff and I got off work...I headed over to a local business , one of our Lawncare customers to help Jeff spray for weeds.... it was a beautiful afternoon....it was nice being out and able to enjoy the weather....
Saturday night....Jeff and I went over to my best friends house to watch UFC with her and her husband and a few friends....before the fights started....my BFF and I went to my high school gym....to see my cousins Chelsey and Ashley before their Senior Prom.... they looked absolutely gorgeous! I wanted to post pics in this entry...but photobucket, slide.com and blogger are all being a pain and not letting me upload them....I promise to share them soon though! We got back to the house just in time for the fights and for all of us to enjoy a nice meal together... BBQ Pork Loin, Beer Can chicken....and homemade salsa and chips....Coors Light....and in my case Diet Mt. Dew....cause I was the designated driver :) We had a really good time....although the main event was just awful!
American Idol is getting closer and closer to the end...after tonight there will only be 5 remaining contestants..... Last night my favorites were Adam and Chris.....I voted for Adam, Chris , Danny....and also Matt(although I think he will be in the bottom) I don't think he deserves to go home yet.....
I think the bottom 3 will be
* Lil
*Matt
*Anoop
With Lil and Anoop going home.....I honestly hope Allison is soon to follow....I am tired of her raspy voice....everything she sings sounds the same to me....just my opinion :)
Anyways...I will try to post the pics from Prom soon....
Hope you all have a great night!

13 comments:

  1. Your time spent with friends sound like a weekend that was enjoyed by everyone. Hopefully those that went to the Prom will have those memories forever. I am an Idol fan and am hoping for those who deserve to stay... Do!
    Take care and congrats to you for your "Sisterhood" award,
    Take care of you my friend and kiss that baby boy Beau for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever close your eyes and listen to them sing?? I have to give Adam props for being a great entertainer. I am not sure I'd buy his records. I think Lil should of been gone before Alexis Grace. I hope we'll see Alexis come back country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are doing well and hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. damn im hungry now! lol

    good to hear from you girlie

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great evening! I love 'get-togethers' like that. So much fun.

    Can't wait to see the prom pictures.
    I'm kind of curious what the styles are for high school girls these days. :)

    And damn girl...you were right on about AI!

    I'm only watching half-heartedly this year. Probably Adam and Danny are my faves.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello my sweet friend. Sorry I haven't been by on a regular basis. I'm a baaaad blogger. LOL I thought about you after watching American Idol. I guess I knew somewhere in my head that you were watching. :O) I predicted the same 3 would be in the bottom 3. I kind of like Allison. Though I think she will be a better singer as she gets older. I can't believe Matt was safe. I thought Lil sounded better tonight. Then again, she didn't have anything to lose. I absolutely hated Adam when the season started. His "look" I guess. Whoever his stylist is has REALLY helped him a lot...getting away from whatever that "look" was. LOL I mean some of it to a degree was OK. But he was SO over the top. There is a video of him singing in a play (can't remember the name) that nearly brought me to tears. I like Danny a lot and Kris. I think this season had so much talent. How many times do you usually vote? I found out that even though I can get through that the votes I made after the 2 hours don't count. That's what I heard.
    Prom night. Jeez that was SOOOO many yrs ago for me. I cannot wait till my granddaughters get to go shopping for formals. Our oldest one is almost 13 so it won't be long. LOL Well...a while. I never got to go shopping for formals. There was not really anyplace in my hometown and I had so many older girl cousins I usually borrowed one.My mom did make my SR prom dress. I loved it. I was engaged to Rich already & he hated to go to dances, so he wanted me to go & bought me this GORGEOUS hand corsage. It was OK and my best friends were either married or dateless so we had as much fun as we could. LOL Married...at 17/18. Unreal. It WAS the 70s. Sounds like you had a fun night with friends and you're moving on up in your job. Glad you're enjoying Spring. We had awful hail/flooding rain last week.Minor damage even though a lot of it was golf ball sized. Hope this isn't an omen of the tornado season. There were funnels spotted about 10 mi from my house.
    Take good car. Huggies, Barb *queenb8261

    ReplyDelete
  7. finally Lil is gone...too karoekish for me.
    looking forward to seeing the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  8. Foods sounds great..Sorry I missed it..lol.. I use picasa3 now. You can upload your photos and do your blog at the same time. No resizing required and the best part is you can download it and its free. It is a nice photoshop. I did my Easter flower slideshow from them. The only thing is different from slide.com is that you can's put special layouts to it(BUMMER). Try later it'll work. Aol is screwing everybody this week. Take care..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. friend time is always good... and the food is to die for... and in my case I just might. LOL ok bad joke. Glad you enjoyed. I don't see AI enough to comment really... ya know it's still hockey season :) love ya

    ReplyDelete
  10. BBQ and Beer Can chicken??..Where was I?! LOL Sounds like good times doll!

    Senior Prom...wow, time sure does fly!

    Hope you're have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a good time. Can't wait
    to see the prom girls. We are having nice weather. Planted my garden. Hope it does well.

    Shirl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!