Sunday, November 15, 2009

Dusting off the cobwebs...

Hey everyone!!!

It's me....I'm ALIVE :)

Did you think I had fallen off the face of the earth? hehe

A whole lot of nothin has been going on in my world lately...not a whole lot to blog about... went to my cousins baby shower a couple of weeks ago....their baby is due in Feb. and they aren't going to find out what they are having...it's going to be a surprise.... :) We got them this thing called a shop & play....it's to put over shopping carts where the baby sits and over the bar...to where the baby can't put it's mouth or hands all over the cart and get all those nasty germs....it has toys attached to it....and until the baby is big enough to sit in a shopping cart you can use it as a play mat for tummy time.

I have another baby shower to attend today(Jeff's side of the family)...their baby is due at the end of this month....let's hope she doesn't go into labor today....haha! My SIL and her family and Jeff and I put our gifts together to give them.... 2 outfits, diapers, wipes and a gift set that has lotion, shampoo, body wash, desitin etc... in it.

I went and visited with my grandad for awhile a couple weeks ago before I went to my cousins shower....I really do need to get out there more often to visit with him..... I really enjoyed our visit.

This past week I was sick with the flu....I was down and out a couple days...and even achy and weak for a couple more days after I went back to work....it took a toll on me....I am feeling better now...thank goodness!

It is beautiful out today, near 70 degrees and the sun is beaming out there...... Jeff was going to finish up mowing and mulching then he and one of his buddies was going to take advantage of this weather and go fishing....wish I could go!

Can you believe Thanksgiving is right around the bend and Christmas is 40 some days away....I haven't bought not one gift yet.... YIKES!

I'm not spending a ton this year, going to stick within a budget....who can afford to spend a ton the way this economy is...almost scared to!

Has anyone seen the previews for the movie "The Blind Side"...and the movie "Brothers"....they both look soooo good....I might possibly go to the movies with my girlfriends to see The Blind Side...and talk Jeff into a date night to go see Brothers.... New Moon comes out to theatre friday....I think I am going to wait till it comes out on DVD to watch that one....I think it will be a little crazy at the theatre with all the Twilight fans....I just hope it's better than Twilight was.

Happy early Birthday tomorroow Lucy....I hope you have a fabulous day!

Hope everyone has a good week....I will try to start posting and reading more.... I've missed you all!

Hugs...

11 comments:

  1. Nice to see you blog!!! Missed you! Hey are you on facebook? Email me if you would, my3gifts@aol.com

    God Bless
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweet lady!!! Glad you are Okay, but sorry you have been under the weather. We had good weather here also.,
    The Date night at the movies sounds great! I know Jeff will enjoy......!!!

    WE still talk about how nice it was for you guys to come down to see us awhile back. We got such a thrill from it. Of course the extra plusnmon the trip was GAry. We will get to see Jeff our next time in KY. Looking frorward to that.
    Take care of yourself.
    Love from North Carolina.
    Sherry & Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you post in your Blog again.
    I enjoy reading your stuff, even though it's hard to read with the dark contrast... hey, I am older... lol.

    Tom S
    Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete
  4. A whole lot of nothin' is sure better than a whole lot of somethin' bad to have to write about. I'm glad you're feeling better.

    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back, Terri. Like the front pic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey kiddo, I wondered where you were. My birthday got me down for a day but I just told those kids of mine no more parties till I hit 90.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are feeling better. I have not had
    time to tell what I have been doing I stay so busy. I was a host at a Society Tea Party last Sunday at the Stowe Mansion. Ain't that a hoot. It was fun but don't want to do again.
    It is hard work.

    Shirl

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's good to hear from you, T!

    We've SERIOUSLY cut back on Christmas this year too. In fact, we've cut back probably 60%, at least.

    I'm seeing New Moon at the theater...but not opening night. Probably sometime next week or the week after. I'll wait until the craziness dies down a little.

    I don't think I'm familiar with the other movies you mentioned. Or, maybe I am and just don't realize it. LOL I'm terrible with movie names.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to read that you've had flu. I hope you're feeling much better now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!