Thursday, February 15, 2007

Just a thought...

You know it saddens me when people just up and leave or go private without so much as a goodbye...when you try to be a loyal reader and leave comments as much as possible... I understand life is hectic and drama sucks...but a goodbye takes only minutes. This is not directed towards anyone in particular...it's just alot of friends have come and gone in the last couple weeks and it really sucks =(

19 comments:

  1. It really does. I've lost a lot of friends that way. I try not to let it bother me, but once in awhile, it does, if I've gotten particularly close to somebody. Everybody has their reasons and I try to respect that.
    Sorry if you've lost friends too.
    Hugs
    Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THERESTOFTHESTORY
            http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

    ReplyDelete
  2. JLand isn't what it used to be.....It's filled with alot of inconsiderate backstabbing blowhards.


    NJLB

    ReplyDelete
  3. agreed... just try not to take it personal no doubt it doesn't relate to you... but a good bye would be nice.
    hugs
    d

    ReplyDelete
  4. I said goodbye...   I did!  I did!!  I wouldn't leave without doing that!  I love you all too much!  And.. I didn't actually leave.. I just don't wish to journal anymore for now.  I hope I will eventually come back to it.
    I'm still around though, and you know I have always appreciated every comment you ever gave me! :)

    Hugs
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about the not saying goodbye, but if they went private and didn't add you maybe they didn't consider you an avid reader...who the heck knows.  Or maybe they just haven't added readers yet.  OOOOOr maybe they didn't think to write down their good readers before they went private and they don't remember who they were(though that's a dumb one, b/c they could obviously look back in comments and find your SN)...LOL.  Just trying to think of some what if's.  ;)  Just know that I'd definitely say goodbye if I left!  Or warn you if I was going private...but I already am!  :)  HEHEH  TTYL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes J Land is nuts these days.  Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, it's been rough lately.  JLand has been getting so ugly lately.  It really sucks to lose friends or see them go even when they say goodbye.  Hang in there...Love ya, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, it does suck because you wonder what you did and if you did something to have them not add you.  I think everyone is just going private and not adding readers right about now.  It's gotten pretty scary out there in J-land lately.  
    Love,
    L

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have read this same thing over and over again.. the worst part is when you get that alert telling you you can't read anymore.. feels like rejection whichever way you put it huh?
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. yep yep yep..I'm still here :) love vicky

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have heard some of the drama. I too stop writing for a short time but I did leave a good bye and now I am leaving links so u can come visit my new journals.  Sorry I will be back to reading and commenting more now that I have it all set up.  Hope things have been good for ya.
    MISSY  http://journals.aol.com/kidzmakeucrazy/aint-that-nice/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know what you mean. There's a journal that was not involved in any of the drama and she up and went private, she's been really poor on updating lately so not a huge deal but it would have been nice if she'd sent out a post saying she was going private!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree 100% - its so hard to face that rejection.  I have no idea whats caused all the drama and honestly don't really care just wish that my friends wouldn't leave/cut me off.  Have a good weekend - Leene

    ReplyDelete
  14. yeah girl..I remember this happening once or twice before..I uess everywhere has its soap operas that make life have to change a little..change is sad sometimes.. MUAZZZ

    ReplyDelete
  15. i know its so sad when people dont keep you updated and youve grown so close to them
    ttyl
    em

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know what all the drama has been about on JLAND the past couple months. But it sure has affected a lot of journalers. I'm still here! Whoop tee doo!  LOL I know what you mean though.  Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs, Barb  

    ReplyDelete
  17. I tried visiting two people this week and found out I couldn't get into their journal. No goodbye, no I'll be back, no nothing. I thought about e-mailing them but really whats the point?? I would atleast say goodbye if I truly cared about someone. Makes you think don't it??
    Cherish the ones you have... the ones who make you feel like you matter and value the time you put into the friendships here.

    Hugs,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know what you mean.  There is one particular person that just went private and didn't explain anything.  I hope she is OK.  She does still leave comments from time to time but I wonder why she decided to just block everyone from her journal.

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmmmm I was private for all of 8 hours while I upgraded last week on blogspot.  If they are on blogspot, you might want to check back in to see if it was temporary.

    Have a great weekend!
    Chris
    http://inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!