Friday, February 23, 2007

March is upon us...tears will be shed

      

March is upon us and sadness it will bring , we lost two angels in that month... March 30th of 99' I lost my grandma ...and on March 3rd 06'  I lost my Aunt Judy...both very near and dear to my heart.

Mom and I have been talking about it recently...and Mom told me she was writing a little poem/story about it.  Everytime my aunt Judy would call my mom it seems every darn time mom was in the restroom...and my aunt would always say on the answering machine.......

"Debbie Annie Oakley get off the pot!"

My moms middle name is Ann but Judy always liked calling people Annie Oakley...she always called her daughter Chelsey ....Chelsey Annie Oakley too...lol

So that is the title to moms story i'm about to share... When we would call Judy's house..and no one was home...she was the one on the answering machine and her voice is still on there to this day....

Mom thanks so much for sharing this story with me...it's very touching.... We will always love and miss grandma and Judy till we one day see them again beyond the pearly gates...but until then i know they are our Guardian Angels and are with us always!

  I love you Mom!  

Here is the story mom sent me...I just wanted to share it with you all....

     

 Debbie Annie Oakley Get Off The Pot 


  Upon returning her calls we would laugh,for she had a knack for
calling while I was on the potty. Oh,how I long to hear those words
come over my answering machine once more.
  Mike her husband called a few weeks ago. Upon returning his
call,the phone rang several times,the answering machine picked up. To
hear her voice again took my breath away,as tears welled in my
eyes.The voice I longed to hear,the voice cancer had taken from us,
the voice of my Lil Sis.
  As we walk into her home the eerie silence,the lonliness,consumes
us.Once a dwelling filled with laughter,now filled with sorrow.To
glance into Mike's eyes the piercing sadness says it all,she was his
life,she was his everything.Chelsey,her daughter,has taken on
responsibility most teenagers will never know.To see them shopping
together fills our eyes with tears.How could cancer have done this to
them,to us?
  Family gatherings without her and Mom, have given way to broken
hearts,instead of the joy we once knew.March is upon us,sadness
closes in on us,as we shed our tears On The Wings Of An Angel.

17 comments:

  1. Aww, I am so sorry. What great memories you have though. Your mom did a great job on the story. When my sister died her voice was on the answering maching where she worked for a long time. I would call there at night just to hear her. Take care, and remember the good times.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Terri I am sorry this is such a tough time for you.  The story is wonderful and a great funny memory.  BIG HUGS XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very sorry for the losses....
    You are in my heart and in my prayers.
    May God be shining his healing light upon you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok yeah im crying...thanks a lot....lol

    kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Terri!  That gives me goosebumps!  I love it though.  : )  Love ya, Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was so beautifully written.  You can tell that came straight from your mother's heart to and about her beloved sister and your loving Aunt.  

    I know this will be a hard month for all of you to get through, Terri.. but, hang in there. You said it best when you said, "...but until then i know they are our guardian Angels and are with us always.."  Remember that..and believe it..

    Hugs and love
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful and touching. My Jordyn's birthday is March 30. She'd be turning 9 if she were alive this year.

    God Bless
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  8. my x husband has a really hard time this time of year too he lost his dad on march 20th when he was just 14 then 2 yrs later the same day he lost his mom.  it just happens to be the same day of my dads birthday and I always had to forgo the happy birthday to my dad to make sure my husband (nowX) was ok from the memories he suffered from, it was also march 20 that I found out he was cheating and throw him out of his childhood home.  He was served with divorce papers at work on April fools day,, so needless to say March is not a happy time for him either, Hope you will be thinking really good memories that will bring a smile to your face, take care, MISSY
    http://journals.aol.com/kidzmakeucrazy/aint-that-nice/
    http://journals.aol.com/kidzmakeucrazy/missys-moments/

    ReplyDelete
  9. message from riss, she is having p.c. problems and don"t know when it will be back up....she says don"t worry she and the girls are o.k...michael

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's very sweet, but sad.  ((((HUGS)))) to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It just doesn't seem fair, that people who were so loved can't be with those who love them. Just not fair... But they are Angels now, watching over and protecting the ones who loved them so much while they were here.
    Your mom did a beautiful job!

    ~ Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  12. sorry for your loss so sad love vicky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terri, it is so hard to enter a month with such painful memories.  You think it gets easier and it does a little bit but something always triggers it once in a while.  My dad died 12 years ago and there are still a few days each year that I just lose.  I will keep your family in my prayers, girl.  Love ya, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  14. that was beautiful that your mom wrote that about her sister.
    brought tears to my eyes
    take care
    <3, emily

    ReplyDelete
  15. My October is your March..hugs!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sending you all hugs and prayers!

    Gretchen
    http://journals.aol.com/ksgal3133/LivinginSavannah2

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know I commented but the last time I read this I didn't see what your mom had written.  Dang, how beautiful.  Love ya, Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!