
Last night Jeff and I were in the living room and Jeff was acting like he was getting Beau's rawhide bone that he chews on for weeks at a time...and was just aggravating Beau...running all through the house...and then he would say mama you want some of Beau Beau's bone...and I would act like i was eating it...driving Beau crazy..nothing new ...we play like this all the time....so Jeff tossed the bone on the floor...Beau went and sniffed it... He didn't want it...but he didn't want us to have it either...lol

Then all of a sudden Beau just froze and stiffened up...and started crying like a baby, i mean really crying...so hard the bottom of his mouth was quivering.... we put him on the couch by us trying to soothe him...checking him out all over trying to figure out what in the world happend...as he was crying and crying....then i started bawling and freaking out...cause he had never done such a thing! Jeff got on the phone and called the animal hospital...the Dr. was on call and had to call us back....in the meantime we soothed Beau somewhat...and put him on the floor...he was still stiff and his stomach/rib area seemed to be expanding....we didn't know what in the world was wrong...liked to have scared us to death... Then he got sick...and eventually was heaving... and seemed to have settled down and acted as if he started feeling better...his nose was a tad warm.... so we figured he just wasn't feeling well. The Dr. had called us back...and we told him everything that had occured and that Beau had gotten sick and was seemingly starting to feel better...the Dr. said if there were any changes to just call him back and he would come in and examine him.
We stayed up with him till 11pm....he laid in Jeff's lap...and Jeff rubbed his tummy and we all went to bed... I told Jeff..what are we going to do when something really happens to him....he said i don't even want to think about it...
I'm telling you...Beau is like a child to us...as silly as it may sound...lol He's our baby boy!
So we thought about what could have made him sick....it couldn't have been the pet food scare that was all over television cause he ate a different brand....then i said...OMG I know what it was....
The night before we had given him a busy bone filled with a meaty middle...for small dogs but was still good in size, normally...we would let him eat half and then put the other half up for another time.... well we had forgot all about it...and the little stinker ate the whole thing...little pig!!!! He weighs all of 5 lbs...if that...his little tummy could only hold so much...that boy can eat!
He seems all better today, being his goofy self...and playing....thank goodness!
Kim, Riss , Faith... Donna and your sister...keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers!
I'm behind on journals as always...i'll be coming around to visit you soon...
Hugs,
Terri
*Thanks to Gwen for making all my photo graphics...that are ohhh sooo cute!
YES PETS ARE JUST AS DEMANDING AS KIDS CAN BE. IM SO GLAD IT WAS NOTHING SERIOUS HE SURE IS A SWEET LITTLE GUY.
ReplyDeleteTAKE CARE, LIZ
Oh my gosh I was so scared you were going to say it was because of the food and it wasnt going to have a happy ending, dont scare me like that : ( just teasing you. But thankfully he is back to himself. THANK GOD!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love my pets, I hate losing them and it never gets easier. I hope you don't have to worry about that for a long long long time!!
~ Jenny
It has been so long!!! Poor pouchie. Bad mommy!! LOL. Glad he is feeling better. Hugs Teri
ReplyDeleteBrandie
Please make sure the dogfood he eats is not on the list.They have now added more brands....Just to be safe...I know you love your baby like I love mine...also...one of my ittle chihuahua's is bad about eating certain thngs..like chew bones and then getting stoped up...lterally can not make a bowel movement...and I have to take him to the vet.
ReplyDeletelove ya,
carlene
Awww, he's so cute!!! Emmi
ReplyDeletehttp://journals.aol.com/emmi2sweet/whatchapsmyass/
wow..THAT would be scary!! I am so glad he is ok!!!
ReplyDeleteHi ya sweety POOR DOGGY!! OMG OMG OMG!! Those busy bones made my two dogs REALLY sick the other day too, the pedigree kind. It was a regular dog size and they were fighting over it but ate too much between them both and they were VERY ILL around the house, it SUCKED>. maybe something wrong with those too? POOR PUPPY!!! Hope all is well HUGS XOOX
ReplyDeleteHopefully Beau just had too much Terri. Too much food and too much running. Glad to hear he is feeling better, hope he stays that way. I would check his food brand too Terri, they now have around 50 brands on that list is what I hear. talk with ya later, bren
ReplyDeleteThat's so scary! You nearly had me crying over here. LOL. My dog Emma is small like that too(not 5 Lbs, but maybe double that), and she's heaved and thrown up like that for no apparent reason. I never thought to think about how much she'd eaten. I've given her those kind of bones too and she actually threw up after eating it too. She loved it, but she didn't keep it down long. Maybe they're not good on their tummies...remind me not to give Mia one! I only give Emma treats in small doses and never daily, so I think the small treats work well for her. Glad to see Beau is feeling much better!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness. I am so sorry that Beau was not feeling well. :o(
ReplyDeleteI kind of got scared for a minute because of the dog food/cat food scare going on. I hope your little guy feels better soon.
Lots of hugs,
Ann
awwww, poor baby! What a little cutie poo! Our dogs are like our children! My dog swallowed a ponytail holder once it was terry cloth so it expanded in his belly, and he had to have it surgically removed. It cost a lot, but he is our baby and I would do it agian. I hope Beau's ok! He is so tiny that his little belly couldn't handle that bone, plus it was probably too rich.
ReplyDeleteTrish
oh no I was thinking the pet food scare too, thank goodness he is just a hog.
ReplyDeleteTake care, MISSY
Terri, those graphics Gwen made of Beau are adorable. Boy, I do know how you feel. Grizzly is pushing 11. I fuss over him constantly. I'm so thankful your baby is feeling better. I was hoping it wasn't the dog food. I think that is totally outrageous that the food is hurting so many animals. Have a great weekend! Love ya, Chris
ReplyDeleteWow, I'm glad Beau is ok. : ) Love ya, Shelly
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute puppy dog. I feel the same way you do about our little dog. I feel so bad for those who lost animals with that tainted dog food . . . how did poisen get into that food? Probably someone that is a hater did it, that is what is in the world these day, people that love to cause major trouble for innocent people and animals. Anyway, glad Beau is better and hope you are having a good weekend.
ReplyDeletePhil