
"Jean"
Heaven holds our most precious gift; our wife, mom, grandma, sister, and friend we so dearly miss.
With each passing day we love you more, God had plans for you that we can't explore.
Many nights we've lay there and thought, how wonderful it would be if we could just talk.
There were many times words went unspoken, meaningful things that have left our hearts broken.
To love us and guide us we know was a task, very little of us did you ever ask.
Filled with emotions that come from within, closer together our family has been, since the night your life with us came to an abrupt end.
Our hearts ache for the touch of your hand, a hug, or lingering kiss, somedays we wonder how we can go on without this.
The tears we've cried this past year, are just a small part of our feelings inside. Our longing for you we cannot hide.
Though you watch over us with open arms, it doesn't compare to your loving charm.
How nice it would be to have you here, only God holds a place for someone so dear.
We love you more than you'll ever know, oh, how it hurts to let you go.
Our memories of you will not pass, until we are all with you at last.
We love you, we miss you, our loved one so dear, we know you are with us although your not here.
In you Father, we know we can trust, to hold her gently from daylight to dusk.
In heaven you hold our most precious gift, take care of "Jean" the one we love and sadly miss.
* Written by my mom Debbie
Gone but never forgotten ~ 8yrs
*Tag made by Robyn
oh man....i was just thinking about my grandma today :) I sure do miss her and she was the only one who called me "Dee" dont know why she just did...mom said she always had....when i was a baby she called me DeeDee....Kelly - DeeDee....dont know how she came up with it...lol...but my brother and I were the only ones out of 27 with pet names....lol....She called him Reesie.....but we know why she called him that....his middle name is Dorreis and she was afraid people would call him that....lol....
ReplyDeleteKelly
Grandma's are so special aren't they? I miss mine too! Beautiful tribute Terri. I am sure she is looking down on you and smiling.
ReplyDeleteLots of hugs,
Ann
Grandmothers are very special!! My grandmother passed away while I was pregnant with my 3rd son. I miss her so much! I'm sure your grandmother is looking down on you with such huge smiles!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Angela
((((Terri))))
ReplyDeleteI miss my Grandma so much too. Like your's, she was also very special. Miss my Mom too but it brings me peace that they are together in Heaven. If I know them both, they are sipping on coffee (sugar and cream of course) and having the best conversations.
Big Hugs,
Gayla
What a wonderful post. I miss my grandma too. It seems like you have some really good memories to comfort you. Take care,
ReplyDeleteTrish
Great entry! I really didn't know my grand parents.... but I can imagine how much you miss your grandma.
ReplyDeletehugs
d
That was a wonderful tribute!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
Chris
http://inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings.blogspot.com
That is just beautiful. Your Grandma sounds like she was a wonderful woman.
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Lisa
Your mom writes some wonderful stuff, Terri! It's so hard to lose the ones we love the most. I still miss my dad after almost 13 years. Love ya, Chris
ReplyDeleteMissing someone so close to you can be hard. I have fond memories of my grandmother who has now been gone for over a quarter century. Time sure flies, I can still see her face and smell the good food cooking in the kitchen. Have a good weekend and make memories for others to remember you by.
ReplyDeletePhil
hey terri thanks for shairing your mom's poem with us.
ReplyDeleteit is so so hard losing a loved one even though years may have passed it never gets much easier.
take care
<3, emily