Monday, April 2, 2007

Surprise...Surprise

     

Although AOL is free now...I still found myself loving this graphic above, cause so many of us have felt this way in the past...and some still do(the ones who still pay)...hell i still do and mine is free..HA!

For about 3 months now i haven't received alerts...it pissed me off big time at first cause i read so many (75+) yes i am addicted...lol  So i had to start reading them the old fashioned route...through my favorites, well not all the journals i read were in my favorites so i lost touch with some...sadly. Mandy then taught me how to add them to my other journals section(takes me awhile to learn things i need a book for computer dummies..lol)  Thanks again Mandy...cause having them there at the click of a finger is wonderful! 

So this morning i am online before work just checkin out the weather and checking a few emails...and what pops up...

      AN ALERT!!!!!

WOOWHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I better not get to excited..might be the only one i get this week...haha

Anyways...the weather has been rather nice here with temps in the high 70's - 82 or so...and starting wed. the highs are gonna be in the 50's...lows in the 30s... <sigh>

I bought some beautiful pink tulips to plant in memory of my aunt Judy to place a garden stone in front of them i received when she passed away... anyone know anything about these things..?  The tag in the pot says...put indirect(one word) light...home temps 60-65...I thought tulips were made to be planted outside and come back every year..?  Maybe this is a different kind...I sure hope not cause i wanted to plant them in our landscaping.

Have a great week...

                           Hugs,

                                   Terri

      

17 comments:

  1. I don't know much about tulips but i believe you can plant them outside..and yes they do come back every year..mine are popping up right now...have a great week..
    lyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. alerts are a pain in the arse... Joe had a few entries on them and some solutions to fix them... or they'd check name by name as the 'fix' wasn't working for everyone.  GRRRR  hopefully yours are back.  
    Not sure if you have to... but my mom digs her tulip bulbs up and puts them back every year....  
    hugs
    d

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL on the graphic! It's free for me too, but I totally agree! LOL

    Ok as for the Tulips if their actual flowers you can plant them now in a pot or outside in a flower garden in a place with direct light. They will come back year after year. You don't have to dig them up! Now if you have bulbs you want to wait to plant them until fall, when it's cooled off some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have days I get alerts and other days I don't, AOL is so screwed up and thankfully we aren't paying for the service anymore!  I don't know much about tulips so I can't help you there.  I hope you have a great week!
    Love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love AOL! lol I think the tulips are a beautiful way for you to remember your Aunt Judy!

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha......that was a funny one.  Hope you enjoy your week.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought tulips were supposed to come back every year too.  But some species may differ.  Maybe you'll start getting lots of alerts now.  ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Noticed you didn't have my journal on your sidebar.  http://journals.aol.com/tle33/Thingschange/  here's the link.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the AOL graphic that is too funny! My alerts are iffy. Some days I get them other days I go check on someone and they have a new entry and I never got an alert...hmmm. Good luck with your tulips. What a nice way to honor your aunt. I hope you can plant them outside. Pink tulips will be beautiful!
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a fabulous week!

    LORI

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello,
    AOL seems to have a mind of its very own doesn't it? And I have seen that graphic more times than I would like...LOL

    Enjoy the day,
    Gayla

    ReplyDelete
  12. woo alerts! Let's hope it lasts :)
    Have a great week!

    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love pink tulips... and red ones and yellow too!!  Hope you have an awesome Easter!!!  Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. glad u r getting alerts.. I don't know diddly about planting but love tulips love v

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have already seen this message twice today! LOL Gotta love AOL.
    Have a great Easter weekend!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  16. love that lol gotta love aol right?
    i'm not sure about the tulips : /
    hope you figure it out
    oh btw i have over 200 on alerts :X
    ttyl
    <3, em

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the graphic.
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!