Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11

   

                How could we ever forget ....

Sometimes it seems as though it were only yesterday....and here it has been 7yrs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy 47th Birthday to my stepdad Gary!!!!

Hope you have had a wonderful day...love you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple of weeks ago....we were told that a family member I will call this person "C"...and will not reveal a name for privacy reasons....but we were told that "C" was diagnosed with leukemia....today "C" was to find out the results of the bone marrow test and find out exactly what type of leukemia it is....

It is CML ~ chronic myelogenous leukemia

Treatment options are being discussed at this time....please keep "C" in your thoughts and prayers.... Thank you!

                            Until next time....

 

*Thanks to Angela for the beautiful graphic

 

16 comments:

  1. Thanks Terri..and to all your friends who offer their thoughts & prayers for 'C'.
    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Terri..and to all your friends who offer their thoughts & prayers for 'C'.
    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your family member can be treated successfully.  Will keep C in mind.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read the news on your mom's journal.  Keeping "C" in my prayers.
    Missie

    ReplyDelete
  5. my thoughts and prayers are with c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seven years has gone by so fast.  Happy birthday to Gary.  I feel so bad about your relative.  I hope that something can be done to help them.  Have a happy Friday.  Luv ya!

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about the diagnosis.  My nephew who was in New York, Sloan Kettering, had a bone marrow transplant. it was successful.  hopefully the family member can find a donar and the same can happen.  However must avoid 'bad' contacts until the immune system catches up.
    Best to you.
    Yeah I like you mothers writing.  She is good and interesting.  YOu deserve a feather for encouraging her.
    Jack....
    BTW  thanks for visiting the ShopsLog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Back again. Forgot to say thinks for the heads up on a movie of Sparks books.  Sherry can't wait to see something about it.
    She is the real Sparks fan.

    jackl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teri, as I told your mother, I will keep your whole family in my prayers and especially "C". We all need as much support as we can get during stressful or hard times. Hope everything works out well for "C" and the rest of the family too. Have a good one. Bren

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keeping your family member in my prayers.  

    I know.  I cant believe its been 7 years already.  Sometimes I think of the children of 911 as I was this morning.  S:o(  Its still all so very sad.

    Nite Nite for meeeeeeeeee

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lest we forget, Terri. Hope C can be cured of the leukaemia.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our family is so familiar with leukemia and Cancer.  It is not an easy thing to
    face.  Keep the faith and God will give you strength.  Our prayers will be with
    you as your  family faces the unknown.

    Shirl

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey terri,

    sorry to hear about your C's illness. glad to hear you have been enjoying these last lazy days of summer.  that mitch albom movie is sooooo good.  make sure you have tissues ready.  it's really moving.  

    we had a beautiful ceremony thursday at mass to honor the fallen from 9-11.  it's a shame that the majority of elementary students have so few good memories of the world before that terrible tragedy.

    xxalainaxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice Graphic on 9/11.  I bet Gary appreciates your Happy Birthday!  Take care.
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh goodness, not another relative with such an illness.  You know I will keep C in my prayers.  Happy Birthday to your stepdad!  Love that tag. Love ya, girlie!  Chris

    ReplyDelete
  16. just read your mom's entry about the storm damage. I am so glad that yall didnt suffer too much damage. we in alabama are all too familiar with this kinda thing. Keeping you all in my prayers, jun

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!