
Beau has a new little sister....her name is Maddie/Mattie...not sure how we want to spell it just yet...which do you like better?
She is a little 4 week old kitten that they found at the shop where Jeff works, underneath a car that came in for work....she was clinging on for dear life..... none of the guys knew what to do with her...so Jeff being the big hearted person he is... said he wasn't going to let anything happen to her...and took her to the vet to get checked out....wormed, food for her etc....and brought her to her new home.... the vet said she is really healthy. :)
I wasn't quite sure how Beau would take to her, but he loves her.....it was so funny watching them check each other out....the vet said her eyes have been open for maybe 4 days...so we are probably just a blur to her for the meantime...she can barely walk...it's so cute seeing her toddle around trying to stay on all fours....but she eventually makes her way over to us if we are sitting on the floor with her....it's too cute!
The vet gave us soft food for her, and said to give her a little tray of water...and said no milk.... I always thought kittens/cats could have milk.... She isn't even suppose to be weaned yet...so I am a little worried because she isn't trying to eat or drink the actual food or water.... today on the way home from work at noon Jeff is stopping and getting an eyedropper...so we can get her to at least drink something...or maybe even a tiny bottle... there has to be a liquid form of food for her until she gets the hang of eating real food.... we'll ask the vet if she doesn't start eating soon....
Beau sleeps with us but has a bed that we keep in the kitchen beside his food/water bowls....he lays in it to eat sometimes or lays in it while we are cooking but isn't in it much.... Yesterday when Jeff brought her home he took that bed into our bedroom and put the kitten in it and put a baby gate up so Beau couldn't get in there.... we are going to have to keep them seperated while we are gone until she gets bigger..... I wasn't sure what he would think about her being in his bed.... but at this very moment.... I moved the bed into the computer room...and she is asleep in it...and he is asleep on the guest bed.... he doesn't mind sharing it with her I don't guess....awww!
Jeff just came in ...and we got her to eat... YAY! At first Jeff put a little in her mouth and once she got the taste of it she wanted more and more and started eating it on her own on a little plate...it is the cutest thang! She ate 3 little plates of food...little piggy... :)
Well I'm gonna go play with my babies....
Hope you enjoyed the pics... Have a good weekend!

OMG that is Adorable!
ReplyDeleteAAWWW Terri, how very cute. I love Beau's way of looking at her. It is just great that your big hearted hubby brought her to a good home, YOURS. I knew MY (oops)YOUR Beau would share. I am a bit suprised since he has been the only pet. Good Job Terri and Jeff.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE HER HOWWW CUTE! So awesome Beau is taking well to her! I like Maddie :) Hugs
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet lil face! She is adorable! I'm glad you both took her in and are caring for her! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeleteOMGoodness she's precious! :) Kittens are so adorable! They do sell kitten milk at wal-mart and places w/ little bottles for kittens who's mother's won't feed them. If she doesn't get the hang of the wet food, you might ask the vet if you could try that. :) I like the spelling Maddie. :) I used to have a cat named Madison that was similar colored as her. :) She's so cute! Awww makes me want a kitten!!! HAHA. Glad Beau seems to like her!!
ReplyDeletemaddie sounds cool!
ReplyDeletecow milk is no good for cats i think the vet should hook you up with some sort of cats milk , check it out
Maddie is the cutest spelling, I think. I'm green with envy..we are all allergic to cats. =( she is darling.
ReplyDeleteTeri!!! I wandered on here today and I have to say I MISS YOU!!!! I read your post and I forgot how much I loved reading your journal. I haven't been on in so long. I have been super busy. I really need to go catch up and see what you have been up to. The kitten is sooo cute!! Your hubby is such a sweety for taking him in.
ReplyDeleteTake care,
Trish
Beau looks happy to have a little friend!! So sweet!! I think you will enjoy having a kitty. We love our Dakota kitty. Only thing is she likes to get outside and scratched through my window screens and now we look like we live in hick ville. LOL I gotta repair those screens one of these days.
ReplyDeleteLisa in Kentucky
She is soooo cute! I love that little face. And Beau looks proud to have a little sister.
ReplyDeleteI'm thrilled you were able to get her to eat. So precious.
Congrats, mommy.
Oh, BTW, I like Maddie better. :)
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
ReplyDeleteterri she is soooo cute
ReplyDeletei like the spelling mattie :)
i hope she eats soon! & so glad beau likes her!!
awww too cute!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Gretchen