Thursday, December 1, 2005

Never wanna go through that again....

                                

                               

Hey everyone....

        Wow what a week i have had!!!!

Monday morning i went to work as usual...everything seemed so normal and bland....it was monday...ya know..?  The day dragged on and finally lunchtime rolled around...while my friend Beth and I was waiting for the cafeteria to open up...I see my uncle (he is Beth's boyfriend)...and i was like..."Heyy what are you doin??"...shocked to see him as he was suppose to be working...he said i need to go to the ER...first thing i thought of was ..my aunt Judy the one with cancer...and something had happend ~ but he just had this look on his face...and said...I'm hurting...and he was holding his left arm...and had been having chest pains...so i told my other coworkers up there to let my boss know i would be in ER with my uncle...and we took him down there...and everything went so unbelievably fast...they gave him an EKG...said it was abnormal...i tried to keep my cool...and not lose it ~ as i was the one calling my grandad and keeping him informed on what was goin on until he could get to the hospital...they gave him a nitro drip through IV...gave him nitro under the tongue twice...gave him 4 baby aspirin 2 different times...did a chest xray....came back did another EKG..said it looked worse than the first one....and it looked like he was having a heart attack ~ when the Dr. walked out...thats when i lost it...his g/f Beth...lost it from the get go....but i tried to be strong as long as i could for my uncle's sake...trying not to scare him anymore than he already was...so anyways...the Dr. walked out and i started cryin...and just held my uncles hand tellin him he was going to be ok....and he started tearing up too...i could see the fear in his eyes....so they wheeled him down to the cathlab...where they said he had a blockage on the right side of his chest...and they had to put a stint in...which took all of 30 minutes....when he came out...i was so relieved...everything had went fine...he was soooo lucky!!!!  He was in CCU monday till late tuesday night...then went to a regular room ~ The Dr's have told him he has to change his eating habits...and wanted him to quit smoking....several times while in the hospital they kept trying to put a nicotine patch on him and he said Nope....he had willpower and was going to do it on his own...and i have faith in him....cause he really seems to want to...I think it scared him that much! He went home yesterday morning and is suppose to be off work for 3 weeks.... please keep him in your prayers...that he will have a speedy recovery and that he will be able to quit smoking without having too much trouble.

It is soooooooo cold outside...the high was only in the 30's today...we had our first snow flurries <grin>...as long as it doesn't stick to the roads i am fine and dandy...lol

I'm not feelin so great, almost feel as if i am tryin to come down with something....can't breathe outta my nose, scratchy throat....just achy all over...guess it's that time of year...joy joy

Tomorrow is friday thank goodness...I hope everyone has a great weekend...

                              Hugss..

                   

*Thanks to Marina and Shelly for my cute graphics

17 comments:

  1. Well I am glad that your uncle is doing okay and I hope he can stop smoking. I am trying to stop too but believe me it is very hard.

    Amy
    http://journals.aol.com/visionarydiva1/AVisionaryDiva/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was a big scare.  So glad everything went well.  Get some rest and feel better!  Prayers and love.  GBU, Shelly
    P.S.  I'm glad you liked the snowman and the other graphic is beautiful.  

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my how scary.  I am so happy he is ok now.  You must be a huge stress case, first with your aunt and now your uncle.  You ready to go have that drink?

    Hugs to you sweetie.

    Terra

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you aren't getting the flu.  On top of everything else that wouldn't be nice.  
    Thank goodness he was able to get to you to OK before anything worse happend.  How scary for you!  I agree, I hope you never have to go thru anything like that again.  Sounds like a bad dream. ~Melissa  

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK GOD UR UNCLE IS OK!! It was snowing here today and 30s dang i swear u and i get the same weater, i too like it but NO NO when it sticks!!! Ly Cass

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank God he is OK!!! Many prayers being said tonight and will continue to say them. Get some rest, keep warm, don't want you getting sick for the holidays. You have to be well to play in the snow : )
    ~ Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank goodness he had the sense to get somebody to take him to the hospital.  Many people in that situation are in such denial...

    Sounds like he's going to be just fine though.  And hopefully, this will have scared him enough to stop that awful habit.  I've done it...Doug's done it... so I know it's possible!!  

    XO,
    bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow..what a a scare!! Im so glad he was man enough to get in there when he knew something was going on!!! Thats what a LOT of peeps dont do.and end up a lot worse.. (((HUGS))) Im glad it was over quickly and that hes determined to better his life to help out in the future!!

    Ive left my house ONCE this week due to the cold..lol!!! I HATE WINTER..lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry about your uncle. I will be in prayer for him. Hope he soon gets back to normal. Cute graphics. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Terri, so much going on with your family.  I am glad he will be ok.  Thank god he did go the ER and get checked out.  Of course he will be in my prayers.  I do think he probably should go with the patch to quit smoking.  If he has been smoking for years, I think the withdrawals from going cold turkey will be much worse on his heart than the actual nicoteine in the patch.  At least he is being monitored though.  

    Up your Vitamin C and try to relax a little,Terri.  Very likely you could have picked up something in the ER and with everything going on with you lately, you must be stressed out and stress weakens your immune system.    Feel better!

    Hugs,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what a day!  I'm glad your uncle is ok and hopefully he does stop smoking and eat better!  My dad had open heart surgery a few years ago and it was a scary thing.  He never had a heart attack, but he's had mini strokes a few times and he's had a few stints put in too.  Anyhow wishing your uncle a speedy recovery!
    ~Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely keeping your uncle in my prayers.  When it rains, it pours...someone sure was right about that saying.  It just seems like there is so much illness and frightening things going on in so many families around J-Land.  Take care of yourself.  It seems like that old creeping crud is hitting everyone.  chris

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope that you don't get sick:(

    Chris
    http://journals.aol.com/swibirun/Inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings
    http://inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings.blogspot.com/
    http://www.bigoven.com/~swibirun

    ReplyDelete
  14. Will definitely keep your uncle in good thoughts and prayers..... I'm sure he will be fine :)  Now don't you get sick!  Take care of yourself.  Your journal is great :)
    d

    http://journals.aol.com/nightmaremom/Thisandthatandhockey/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey there sweety.  Just thought I would drop in.  Sorry to hear about your uncle. I will keep your family in my heart.  You take care ok and thanks for aways coming by my journal.  Much luv Chris

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh man, I bet you were scared!! I hope your Uncle gets well soon. I will be thinking of you... :0)

    ***Monica

    ReplyDelete
  17. (((praying for your uncle)))
    How scary!
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!