Sunday, November 27, 2005

It's been awhile...

Hiya everyone...Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving...I know i sure did!

Thursday morning i got up bright eyed and bushy tailed...got ready and headed out to my aunts house around 9am...She was feeling good yet again, thank the Lord...just in time for Thanksgiving ~ my other aunt prepared a great thanksgiving dinner and brought it down ...We had a nice dinner together...those that could be there...my aunt was able to eat a decent plate and had enough energy to stay awake...and really enjoyed thanksgiving with her family...not only from our side of the family but also her inlaws...we all get along so well! I didn't get home until 7:30pm ..so i really made a day of it...and enjoyed myself =)

Friday I had to work..BLAH! While everyone else was out gathering up all those great bargains...shopping ..did you go..?  Find any good deals...?  Ya know i hate to miss a bargain...hehe 

Friday night I headed out to my aunts again, we had a slumber party at her house..with several girls from our side of the family...and some of her sisterinlaws came down for awhile to have fun with us as well....I brought 2 pizzas, 3 bags of chips..and 3 ~ 2 liters...my other aunt...made peanut clusters...so we were ready..lol  We ate and talked and ate some more...and eventually as the night wore on...we sang some childhood songs we had learned growing up(my family is goofy like that)..hehe...ya know the one...

  The littlest worm(repeat)...I ever saw(repeat)...was stuck inside(repeat)...my soda straw...The littlest worm i ever sawwww was stuck inside my soda straw...i don't know it word for word...but my aunt sure did...lol...all in all towards the end of the song you act like u are crying...cause the worm was ur friend and you swallowed him...hahaha....it was so fun..singing that and acting like kids again...I wish i had taken my video camera....We ALL(including my aunt, i was so happy) stayed up till 11:30pm...I had to work the next morning..or i would have stayed up later...I am so glad i was able to go...times like that are good for the soul ~ great memories!

Yesterday morning i had to work , only 4 hours thank goodness....I was worn out so after i got off work i came home and took a nap...got up and got ready...cause Jeff wanted to run into town and go out to eat at Tumbleweed...and we ended up goin shopping at Target...I FINALLY started my christmas shopping...I have 3 presents bought and part of another...I am gettin there slowly but surely... I bought my nephew Jacob..."Elmo goes Potty"...it is sooo freakin cute...he has his own potty and a book to read about goin to the potty...how cute is that...?...I may as well start the lil' man off right...like the big fellas and give him a book to read while takin care of business...haha  Anyways..Elmo sings a song about...if he can go potty so can you ~ and he tells you when he is thirsty...he has a sippy cup..and he also lets you know if he doesn't make it to the potty..Bad Elmo...lol I just had to get it...it's so cute.... =)  I also ordered him a Little Tikes Grow with me...Basketball Goal...my parents are goin in on that with us...i think it adjust to 6 different heights...from toddler size on up. Now i need to buy for my neice Ivy...she is into Princess/Cinderella stuff..not sure what i will get her just yet... Then on Jeff's side of the family we have to buy for one nephew and 3 nieces..usually we get them gift certificates for their favorite places...they enjoy that so they can be all "big" and pick out and buy exactly what they want...which is fine with me...that way i don't have to fight the crowds...lol

I have yet to get my tree up though...I'm hoping we get it up in the next week...maybe that will really get me in the christmas spirit...buying some gifts last night...was the kickoff....that always makes me feel good..and gets me in the spirit some....

Well i have babbled on enough i suppose...Hope you all are having a good weekend....I can't believe it's already over...but mine just started today...so what weekend..?...ya know....lol

                           Hugss..

                                 ~Terri~

 

15 comments:

  1. Hey Terri,

    I am glad you had a good Thanksgiving and that your aunt was feeling well enough to enjoy it too.  The slumber party sounds like fun too.

    My nephew has the Potty Elmo you are talking about.  It is cute, but he stripped Elmo of his clothes, lol.  I like the idea of the book to read on the potty, lol.  

    I am glad to see you are a little more cheery and festive now.

    ~Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great Thanksgiving to me!! Christmas... do we really have to so soon? LOL~Brandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Terri!!! So glad your aunt was feeling good on thanksgiving and everyone got to enjoy the day together!  That song is cute by the way.  Have missed your entries. Sorry you had to work, thats a bummer. Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. (((hugs)))) Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, that's me in the center of the table LOL.
    Good to hear your holiday went so well, and overjoyed that your aunt is doing much better.  Slumber party?? Wow I miss those, girls just wanna have fun : ) Oh to be young again : )
    ~ Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. hell i have not even STARTED shopping....but dammit my house looks pretty on the outside...lmao...

    kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you got to spend 2 special days with your Aunt! It's those times that you'll always have to hold on to!
    Yum....we ate at Tumbleweed today...that stuff is sooo good!
    Take care~ Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for you that your aunt was well enough to spend Thanksgiving with you all and that it went great.  That Elmo does sound really cute....might have to check into that for baby Lindsey.  Have a great week.  GBU, Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great you had a good Holiday and your Aunt was awake and feeling able to participate.  Savor it Terri!  I WANT THAT ELMO!!  LOL  HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Big Bird, lol!  Your Thanksgiving sounds like it was wonderful and the slumber party sounds like a blast!!

    Terra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  So glad to hear that your Aunt was actually able to eat and enjoy the day, and the slumber party sounds like such a wonderful thing.  What fun you all must have had!  I also had to work on Friday so no bargains for me neither.  I have one gift bought...LOL...a Hello Kitty calendar for Megan.....chris

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like a good time was had by all there terri! glad your aunt is feeling better and able to enjoy herself. also, I think Jacob will loooooove Elmo, lol. Why didn't they have all that when my kids were going through that, lol. bren

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am SO GLAD your aunt was able to enjoy the holiday.  Sounds like she's feeling so much better.  Now that's something to be Thankful for.  =)

    I've never heard that worm song, but I bet Parker would love it.  <grin>

    And the Elmo toy sounds pretty cute.  Perhaps that would be a good gift for Parker.  

    Happy (belated) Thanksgiving!

    XO,
    bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Terri, me again..lol...your journal is looking real festive...chris

    ReplyDelete
  14. That picture is HILARIOUS!  LOL!!....now all we need is Snow here in KY to get the Xmas spirit going!

    PJ

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought I had your journal on my alerts...but I'll be damned if I didn't.  :(  I will keep up now though.  :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!