
If my patience has ever been tested it was thursday...after work I was ready for a few drinks, who am I kidding I was ready to drink myself into oblivion! I didn't but only because i am on BP meds..but ohhh how i wanted to!
About a year ago I was asked to be 3rd in charge in my dept. at work.... When my team leader isn't there and the assistant supervisor isn't there...I would be in charge. Like an idiot I said I would without thinking too much about it...only to give my team leader a chance to get much needed vacations like the rest of us. Anyways...
Thursday I was in charge for a couple hours, which felt like 24...people tried to take advantage of the situation..and tried to slack off to put it nicely. I had one trying to be boss, telling others what to do...and one saying she would help on a certain machine when our team leader told her too....that sent me over the edge...I showed my ass a little, without cussing cause i knew i was suppose to be professional in that position...but i made it known if I was suppose to be in charge then people were going to listen. I think I shocked everyone cause i am usually a laidback coworker who is always cutting up and laughing.... after all was said and done 2 coworkers said they were proud of me..and think i handled things well and were impressed. My team leader took me into the office and asked me to explain what all happend, she said i did a good job...and gathered everyone up and told them...when she and the assistant are gone I am in charge and when I tell them to do something they need to do it..and if they don't agree it will be discussed later.
Needless to say friday I was in charge for awhile again, and this time everyone listened and was respectful towards me... there are a couple who aren't talking to me at the moment,but i didn't lose any sleep over it...they will come around. I just did what i had to do...if they don't understand that then thats their problem. The work got done...that is what matters.
After this week, I love this song even more
The chorus of this song is so me ~ I love it!
Troy Gentry is soooo HOT too ;)
If you have time check it out....
Love your tag!
ReplyDeleteMissie
sounds like you handled things the right way!
ReplyDeleteBecky
I'm glad they listened to you and respected the authority you have. It isn't fun when you aren't respected and people won't listen. Have a nice Saturday.
ReplyDeletePhil
I'm sure you make a good leader! Responsible, smart. yeah. : ) Sorry you had a stressful week. Hope you are winding down today. Love, Shelly
ReplyDeleteAwwwwwwww Terri sorry you had a stressful Thursday, enjoy the weekend, Hugs Lisa
ReplyDelete"Go Big Red" ;) *wink wink*...that song is SO you...love it!
ReplyDeletelol...take charge and crack that whip ;)
ReplyDeletehope this week treats you better than last week!
Take care doll..and take it easy~
~Bernie
It's really funny that I am sitting here reading your old entries.. LOL This one just struck me because recently Troy GEntry was here in MN and had some legal problems.. something with shooting (allegedly) a black bear illegally and he went to court here in Duluth, MN. My hubby was really excited as he works right across the street from the court house and wanted to go over & see if he could catch a glimpse of him.. LOL
ReplyDeleteYou and my hubby would get along great, he loves country and I do too but not as much as rock. He has seen tons of country concerts and met many stars as he used go to Fan Fair several years in a row... is that nearby where you live? I do like Brad Paisley, George Strait, Faith & Tim.. etc... oh yeah and I love Miranda Lambert!
hugs
Melissa