Hey everyone!!!!!!
I have missed you guys soooo much, I went through withdrawls without my computer i tell ya! I know how it is needing a break from it every now & then but you always know it's there if you wanna hop on it....unlike the last 2 weeks for me.
My house was utter chaos, crap everywhere....we had to box things up as if we were moving in order to get it all outta the way so the carpet could be installed....we had no where to sit, as the old couches were gone...by the end of the week, a week ago....we had no where to lay as the beds were taken down...we left our mattress in the living room propped up against the wall... and at night we would lay it out on the floor to sleep. My poor little chihuahua didn't know what in the hell was going on...haha He is soooo spoiled though, he wouldn't lay on the floor, it was too hard for him, i laid a pillow on the floor and he would lay on it, that was before we had our mattress in the living room...I thought u spoiled rotten baby....and we are to blame =)
The carpet is in the house now, and OMG what a huge difference it made in the look of the house...and even the smell...it smells so fresh and new! I am so proud of it...and so excited to have our new couches and end tables...I have alot of pics to share...but it might be awhile, I promise to post them on here when i can though...... here is the deal.... We gave my old computer desk to my mom...we have been looking for a new one....haven't quite found the "one" yet....this is the first day my computer has been hooked up since the 6th. My computer is set up for the moment on 2 tv trays...haha! Just making due for the meantime, cause we are in the process of finding wallpaper for the computer room....as well.... I really don't want to put a desk up until the wallpaper is done, cause it would be just another thing to move and be in the way....but my camera dock is still boxed up until we get a desk set up....so when all that is said and done i will share pics with you all....and I am so excited about showing you the changes!
Reminder to self: If we ever move and buy another house in the future, which i doubt we will but IF we do....if it needs carpet install it "before" you move in!!!!! So there is no furniture in the house... =)
We had the scare of our lives thursday night, we had 37 tornado warnings tristate wide.... 6 of those being for the town in which i live....a tornado tore through town within 2 miles of my house....leaving behind tons of destruction, the National weather association believed there to be an estimated 2 million dollars worth of damage...and that looks to be rising higher and higher.... they declared a state of emergency... I wish i had pics to share... thank goodness we only had big limbs down out of our trees nothing major.... at one point i had the door open looking to see what it was doing outside....and the wind got up to about 120mph....it looked like the trees in our front yard were fixing to lay over....i heard a roaring sound....it sounded like a train....i was hollaring and crying....Jeff told me it was just the train by our house, today he told me otherwise, he said he heard it too, and it was the tornado....he told me it was the train by our house so i wouldn't freak out anymore than i already was.... I have always been terrified of storms. We are so blessed to have had no damage between both of our families....but most of all our lives were spared! The road that you enter my neighborhood on, had power poles catch on fire...at a bakery in town a delivery truck flipped over, roofs off of homes, a steeple fell into a church....etc.... Here is a link to tell a little about it.... WEHT - NEWS 25 and another....WEHT - NEWS 25 and another....WEHT - NEWS 25 and a Video I hope those links showed all the articles i wanted to share.... it was one of the scariest things I have ever been through..... the tornado took the path from downtown....by my house....by my MIL's and by my mom and stepdads homes..... and we were all blessed!!!! My thoughts and prayers go out to all the familes affected by the tornado....
I will try to catch up with all of you this week, i came online to 588 emails....shewww!
Have a good one, I am so glad to be back!
Hugs...
Terri
I am so glad your carpet is installed now and things seem to be going in place! You and your whole family were very blessed to not have been hurt during those storms.
ReplyDeletelove ya,
carlene
Glad you like your carpets and I'm very glad you were untouched from those tornados!
ReplyDeleteMissie
Girl, I was so worried about you when I heard about all the storms out there!! I'm glad you are okay.
ReplyDeleteWe got a thunderstorm out of it. We're still in an extremem drought. We're like 19 inches below the rain we usually get by this time. :(
Can't wait to see your pics!
***Monica
i think we got hit by that storm too, but only 4 touched down local here, but that was 4 to many...
ReplyDeleteglad you are ok.
can't wait for the pics
Melissa
Goodness that's ton of emails! Hope you get through them all! LOL. Tornadoes are very terrifying! The one that hit here last year scared the shit out of me. We could see it from our front yard...both of them actually. We could see the transformers blowing out as they went through the towns. It was very scary. I'd barely had Keely, and I kept thinking to myself, "I didn't go through 9 months of pregnancy to lose it all now." I put it in my head that if that tornado changed paths and headed toward us, I was going to do everything in my power to keep my baby alive. I spent some of the night in the tub with her just incase. It was scary, so I feel your terror. We didn't hear the noise they say they make, but I don't want to know what it sounds like. If you're able to hear the roar of it then it's way too close for comfort! I'm glad you guys and your family are all safe. I feel for the ones who lost lives and homes in that disaster! Can't wait to see pics of your new stuff!
ReplyDeletei cannot wait to see pictures of everything i bet it looks great~!
ReplyDeleteso scary about the storms
our internet is out still from the storms and i am biting on a neighbors internet connection who must have something other than mediacom
so i have tons of emails to go through too
hope the weather has looked up
ttyl
emily
The tornadoes sound so scary! I've done hurricanes but not tornadoes. I have heard that it sounds like a train coming. That was so sweet of Jeff not to freak you out! Good man :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like the house renovation is coming along nicely..that's too funny about Beau :) I can't wait to see the pictures!!
Take care doll and take it easy when you can :)
~Bernie
Hello Terri,
ReplyDeleteI saw all those tornado warnings in your area and the first person I thought of was you! Hope all is ok?
I bet your house looks so beautiful. Can't wait to see the pics.
You take good care!
Huggers,
Gayla
I have missed you to. Your mom told me about the storms and they are so scary. We lived on what was called tornado alley for about a year on the Big Blue River when Martys dad was still alive.NOT MY CHOICE. We had a few scary moments, and usually the kids and I were alone. Can't wait to see the pictures of your house. Hugs,,,,,Lucille
ReplyDeleteTerri, I have missed you too, stay safe and hopefully there wo'nt be any more tornados, Hugs Lisa
ReplyDeletecan't wait to see the pictures
ReplyDeleteBecky
We missed you to Terri, but just look at all you got accomplished. Spunky was really thrilled to have you back, and so am I.....Lucille
ReplyDeleteSupposedly, the tornado sirens went off here, but I sleep HARD when I sleep, never hearing anything. My Dad said he started to wake us up, to come to the basement, but looked outside and decided it wasn't that bad.
ReplyDeleteI TRIED to stay awake that night, just in case. Crappy Mom that I am, fell asleep, with all 3 kids sleeping on the top floor of the house.
Glad you're back. Been checking every day!
Angel
Terri, welcome back.!! Spunky and I are both glad to hear from you. Hope your mom is feeling better. I am looking forward to the pictures. Lucy
ReplyDelete