Sunday, July 5, 2009

Lazy sunday....

Hey everyone!

Hope you all had a wonderful 4th...

We did...we didn't let downpours of rain....rain on our parade all day!

It was down right chilly though with temps in the 60's maybe 70 if it even did reach 70.... we were all sitting outside some with jackets, some wrapped in blankets....and yes even some silly kids sliding down the huge blow up water slide they had..... lol

We enjoyed ourselves....we went to Jeff's Uncle and Aunts BBQ...they have a nice big cabin-like house out in the country back in the woods....lots of privacy....a nice big long porch with many rocking chairs ....a huge shop....plenty of places to take cover from the rain...

I sat there on the porch rocking away....with the rain coming down chatting with family....having a good time....and at times would be lost in thought gazing into the woods, listening to the rain hit the metal roof....and thinking about how nice it would be to live in the country again.... I was born and raised in the country...and at times I do miss it....because it is so peaceful and quiet.

We are planning to move in a year or two....we are wanting 2-3 acres ....I think we both want to be on the outskirts of town....close to town but yet in the country as well.... more privacy....more room(storage and property)

We had a great time...we got at the BBQ around 3pm and didn't get home till after 11pm last night.... our kiddos were good(Beau and Maddie)..haha I figured being left alone for so long....something was bound to happen....but they behaved themselves like a good doggie and kitty....

Although no one got to swim yesterday....they did get to shoot some clay pigeons when the rain would let up a little...but the day was mostly filled with alot of catching up ...great conversation.... and some good eatin of course.... we had hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, cole slaw, baked beans, deviled eggs fixed a couple different ways, mac n cheese, hashbrown casserole, pasta salad, jalapeno cheese bread, green beans, bean dip and chips, brownies, cookies, chess pie, smores cupcakes etc...too much to list...it was soooo very good!

Jeff's Uncle has a pool the same size as our old one, but it's a chemical free pool....I never knew they made such a thing...but he only puts a gallon of bleach in it a week... I caught Jeff looking at it a few times....I think he misses our pool as much as I do... his main reason for getting rid of our old one was too much upkeep with the chemicals and the expense of the chemicals.... we talked about it some on the way home....and I think eventually we will get another one....a chemical free one.... I wouldn't mind trying an oblong one the next time instead of a round one..... we will see ...more than likely we will wait till we move in a year or two to buy another one. No since in installing one here if we plan on moving....

On the oral surgery front....last night I discovered what may possibly be a little sliver of a tooth left in my gums...the tooth(or what use to be a tooth right in front of where a wisdom tooth was) if it is in fact a sliver of a tooth....I will have to go back.... this happend to a coworker of mine as well.... with her dentist...but the oral surgeon I went to, took it out for her. I am hoping if I go back it will be of no cost to me, I don't think it should be anyways.... I already paid to have it "all" removed ya know... I am hoping I won't have to pay for so much as an office visit....but life isn't that simple.... ugh!

I got up around 9am this morning, wanted to sleep later but little miss Maddie came pouncing all over me in bed wanting me to get up...little brat.... We are in the process of putting new doors on all the bedrooms and closets, a job that has been going on for quite some time...you know the kind you start...and take months to finish...well because you start other projects too...and life gets in the way of it all...LOL I told Jeff you have to get a door on our bedroom soon...I can't even sleep in anymore or take naps with Maddie around...she is a fiesty little thing....she has very little down time, as she is a baby still and full of energy!

I received True Blood the first season through Netflix friday...2 disc...I hope all of the first season is on those two disc...they are 2 hours a piece....there may be more...but I am excited because I have heard sooooo many people rave about how good it is.... we don't have HBO or I would watch it there....I will catch up through netflix though...I love my netflix...it's so awesome to get any movie you want or tv shows by the season.... they sent a thing in the mail before about a little box you can buy for a one time fee of $99 and watch movies straight off your tv anytime, as much as you like... not sure how it works...but Jeff is wanting me to check into it.... I'm guessing you wouldn't get them through the mail anymore...just order them right on your tv.... but wondering if there would still be a monthly fee.... does anyone have it or know anyone that has it? If so how does it work?

I made a nice lunch today....baked boneless pork chops with a bbq rub on them(which I can't eat well at the moment...but I manage) also..sour cream and chives scalloped potatoes, bacon and ranch pasta salad, cheddar and garlic biscuits... I also wanted to make brownies but we didn't have eggs.... Jeff is out and about right now may call and ask him to pick some up.... It was really good....even have some leftovers....

I read some more of "My sisters keeper" this morning I'm on page 197 I think....I love this book it really captures your attention.... I plan on reading some more this afternoon, unless I take a snooze ...then I will read more tonight....lol

Well I have rambled enough....think I am gonna go relax....

Have a great week!

10 comments:

  1. Hey lady, sounds like a great time. We love sitting and rocking. Yeah, with Jeff having a business on the side more land for storage would be great. That is sorta wht we have where Shirl is, a wooded Acre only it is in town.
    Mark our son had about 12 acres now, bordering the city. It is nice and peaceful
    Best o luck to you on the tooth sliver, if that is what it is. I would assume the dentist would charge nothing, he knjow you paid to have the whole thing took out.
    Love you!
    Sherry & Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up with some of your past entries. I can't believe how you've bounced back from your oral surgery & just go go go! Do y'all EVER stay still? That's wonderful. You're young & unencumbered and SHOULD be out there enjoying life to the fullest. I love hearing how you are there with your families to have the large gettogethers. We used to do all that too. Now our elders all all gone or going. So it will soon be our turn to try to gather the flock around us. Which will be hard as my side of the family all lives hundreds of miles from us. Hopefully when Rich retires we will be able to do some traveling and more things when we have the time. We can't plan anything with the way his job works. LOL Loved the slide shows. And the roses you got are just beautiful. Glad you had an enjoyable holiday weekend. Take good care of yourself.
    Hugs from Tx, Barb *queenb

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all sounds lovely...especially the meal you whipped up! Yum.

    So glad you've had a nice weekend.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, I can't believe that I haven't told you how great your page looks now!! MmmmmMmmmmm! LOL

    It sounds like you had a great time this weekend. We've had a great week. Now tomorrow it's back to the normal schedule.

    Have you ever watched movies via Netflix on your computer? You can do that. I've done it before. I just sat here in my chair and watched it on my laptop while the guys were watching a different movie on the tv.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated 4th and have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok do tell what s'mores cupcakes were like!? Sounds yummy! All that food sounded so yummy...i'm going to blame it on being hungry not other things...ergh... I am eating though...had a late lunch today. LOL. Anywho I think it's cute that Maddie wakes you up! HAHA My cat gave up on that long ago when I just ignored her. Once in a while she'll come in and bother me. LOL. Oh and that house/cabin y'all went to that was in the woods sounds nice. Sounds like a home I'd appreciate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great Fourth of July!

    I don't think you should have to pay a cent if there is any tooth left in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey you.. trying to get back in the groove.. read about your surgery over at Mom's.. glad you're doing well. Sounds like my kind of day!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your long newsy blogs. My daughter loves one of her panties. The rest she wears after her shower and in her PJ's. As she said the boy ones crawl in places nothing should go in public but she can take care of it at home. She call them picking them out so you use your imagination.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!