
Hey everyone!
The car that went off in the river the other night was an attempted suicide, they rescued her from the car and took her to the hospital, there has been no more said about it.
My uncle Kevin received the news back from his biopsy and it is NOT cancerous... Thank the Lord... he has to get another CT scan in January to see if anything has changed as far as the spot on his lung goes, they never really said what it was exactly. Thanks to everyone who prayed and offered good thoughts and vibes for him!
A few years ago a lady named Rita lost her sister to breast cancer, she resides in the county in which my mom and stepdad opened up a Tire Business earlier this year. Breast Cancer has touched Rita's life in such a passion as it has my moms(as well as our whole family) since the loss of my aunt last year to breast cancer . Rita's passion is called "Paint the town Pink" dedicated to the SURVIVORS of breast cancer and to those who have become the ANGELS among us. At this time each year Rita welcomes all breast cancer survivors in the county to her home for a special evening to kick off the month of October for Breast Cancer Awareness. It has become such a special event and she is tireless in her efforts.
So this week my Mom decided to join in on "Paint the town Pink" with the help of my Aunt Linda and our cousin Karen...they decorated the Tire Shop in Pink not only in rememberance of my Aunt Judy but for all who are or will one day be fighting breast cancer.
I hope to get pictures to share with you all....
Mom I know it will touch many people...I am so proud of you for doing this... and i know in my heart that Judy was right there with you all when you were decorating.... She knows how much she is loved and missed!
Sometimes I wonder if it will ever get easier in dealing with the loss of my aunt, it's been a year and 6 months and it still doesn't seem real to me. I still feel as if I should be able to just pick up the phone and call her, or go over to visit...or have a slumber party like we use to do.... Thank God for the memories!
Have a great weekend ya'll...
Hugs,
Terri
*Thanks to Britt for the beautiful graphic
good news about your uncle
ReplyDeletepainting the town pink sounds great what a way to show support!
hope you have a great weekend
emily
Such good news regarding your Uncle.
ReplyDeleteMissie
great news about your uncle!!!
ReplyDeleteBecky
Terri, glad your uncle Kevin got good news, have a good weekend, Hugs Lisa
ReplyDeleteit wont get easier, it will get more tolerable if that makes any sense at all?
ReplyDeleteI still cry...I still have nightmares...I still swear I see him once a week....
love you!
Kelly
Mom's older brother, died from cancer in 97~his son, my cousin, came up to me at the funeral and said, "It doesn't get any easier". That was it. I hope to come to a place of comfort in all of this turmoil. Through my own tears, I begged/pleaded with Mom in those last few days...."How will I manage without you?" She simply stated, "You just will, Angel". There are those days when I can't do anything, due to missing her~but now, I do have days, when I just think of her, without the tears. It will get easier, I know.
ReplyDeleteSo GLAD Uncle Kevin (and I say it my head like he's MY family) is fine. Whew!
Angel
Thank god for the good results for your uncle. I am so glad that it turned out ok.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful that your mom is going to paint the town pink! What a great tribute to your Aunt Judy! October is breast cancer awareness month! Have a great day!
Trish
Good news about your uncle :) very good news :)
ReplyDeleteThat's a great idea about painting the town pink. :) glad y'all are going to be a part of it.
I don't know that it ever gets easier...it just becomes something you get used to dealing with. it helps to have the good memories to go to :) i'm glad you have a lot of them with Aunt Judy :)
take care and take it easy doll~
~Bernie
Great news about your uncle!
ReplyDeletePrayers,
Gretchen
Paint the Town Pink is a great thing to do. It looks to be catching on. Wouldn't it be great if it spread across the US? I don't know how long it will be before it gets easier with your Aunt Judy. I'm sure someday it's not going to hurt quite as much. You'll still have your moments. My dad died 13 years ago this Sept. I don't miss him intensely all the time but there are times during the year when out of nowhere I just break down and cry and talk to him. Most times I'm ok. (Actually, I talk to him quite a bit even if I'm not upset.) I guess what I'm saying is it will take two, three years maybe a little more to have the intense pain subside. It does get easier but there will always be moments that she will just pop into your head years later and the intense pain comes back for a few moments and you cry. Hang in there...Love ya, Chris
ReplyDelete