
Things I am Thankful for:
* God ... through him all things are possible
* Jeff.. my husband, my rock!
* Beau...my chihuahua which brings me joy
* My mom, stepdad and MIL ~ love you!
*Grandad ~ You mean the world to me
*My entire family (stepbro,stepsis, aunts, uncles , cousins, nieces and nephews,inlaws)
* For sunshine, cool breezes, lakes, rivers,campfires, rainy days, beautiful fall colors, concerts, movies, music, being able to see..hear and taste...and even treadmills!
* For laughter and even tears, for a roof over my head, for blankets to keep me warm, for the food that keeps us nourished , for my health, for my families health...
* For my friends near and far, For Jland my second family... Love to each and every one of you! You all get me through good and bad times...without your love, caring and support my life wouldn't be what it is today ~ Thank you!
We had Thanksgiving Dinner at my MIL's sunday....this afternoon I am going to attempt to make our first Thanksgiving Dinner at home for Jeff and I...
On the Menu:
Turkey, stuffing, mashed taters, corn, noodles, and yeast rolls
For dessert:
Turtle pie(caramel, chocolate, pecans with a choc. pie crust) bought it....hahaha! It looks yummy!
Pecan Pie( ice cream optional) bought it aswell.... I just decided to throw this all together last night...
Turkey is done, just need to make my sides now...if i think about it i will take a pic...i will need it for my records anyways to show I have at least tried to make a thanksgiving dinner, I know my family will just pass out when they find out....haha!
As far as my side of the family, they decided not to get together this year...second year in a row... I really miss it...but as everyone gets older many want to start making their own traditions with their own family.
*Missing you this holiday season Grandma and Aunt Judy, it just isn't the same without you*
I better get busy...Just wanted to wish you all
A Very Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours, I hope your day is filled with love, laughter and most of all the comfort of being together with the ones you love.
To those traveling...have a safe trip!
Hugs...Terri
Hope yours comes out as good as mine did! :) It was kind of fun and exciting to do it all on your own. Did you get a whole turkey? I just got a small turkey roast type thing, b/c I knew we'd never finish a whole turkey. :) It was still really yummy though!!! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteMissie
Right back at ya my friend ~ Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
ReplyDeleteKatie
Happy Thanksgiving ...btw the Turtle Pie sounds AWESOME!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteoh oh oh i need some turtle pie....yummmyyy....
ReplyDeleteI hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Pat from Virginia
Wishing you the best Thanksgiving ever!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Lisa
Beautiful Entry. Made me smile ;)
ReplyDeletehttp://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/ Tracy
Sweet entry. And that cartoon always cracks me up.
ReplyDeleteLOL
LORI
Your menu sounds so yummy. Save a plate for me. LOL I hope your Thanksgiving will be a very memorable one. : )
ReplyDeleteAllison
Terri, Happy Thanksgiving to you , Hugs Lisa
ReplyDeleteTerri, Jeff, & Beau,
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving!
Love
Mom
That is awesome....
ReplyDeleteGreat Entry....
Great thankfuls and I hope all of you have a great turkey day.
ReplyDeleteTake care, Chrissie
Good girl, you decided to make Thanksgiving dinner and I bet it was good. We left Spunky here when we went to Kathy and Rons and he was a perfect dog, My entry on Day to day life tells all about it. You are great. Lucille
ReplyDeleteHappy belated Thanksgiving :)
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Gretchen
Hey there my girl. Congrats on making turkey dinner for you and Jeff. We have snow again this morning. ick, ick, ick.
ReplyDeleteTerri, this is nice. I should do it, too. Maybe I will. I get side tracked alot when I finally get around to J-land. I log in to journal, start reading others & end up losing my own focus! But thanks for the inspiration. I really will try to do this because I think it's great!
ReplyDelete