
LETTING GO
When I am gone, release me, let me go,
I have so many things to see and do.
You mustn't tie yourself to me with tears,
Be happy that we had so many years.
I gave you my love,
You can only guess how much you gave me in happiness.
I thank you for the love you have shown,
But now it's time I traveled on alone.
So grieve a while for me, if you must,
Then let your grief be comforted by trust.
It's only for a while that we must part,
So bless the memories within your heart.
I won't be far away for life goes on,
So if you need me call, and I will come.
Though you can't see or touch me,
I'll be near and if you listen with your heart,
You'll hear all of my love around you soft and clear.
And then, when you must come this way alone
I'll greet you with a smile and say,
"Welcome Home."

Anonymous

A million times I've cried;
If love alone could have saved you;
You never would have died;
If all the world was mine to give;
I would give it yes, and more;
To see you coming up the steps,
And walking through the door;
To hear your voice, to see your smile;
To sit and talk with you awhile;
To be with you the same old way;
Would be my fondest wish today;
A heart of gold stop beating;
Two smiling eyes laid to rest;
God broke my heart to prove to me;
He only takes the best.
Author Unknown

:o( {{{big hugs on this day}}}
ReplyDeleteLori
All I can say is God Bless you Teri. A beautiful tribute. Lucy
ReplyDeleteI'm sure your grandma know how much you miss and love her! Sending you hugs.
ReplyDeleteMissie
What a beautiful way to say I love you - I'm sure her love remains in your heart always, Take care and enjoy those memories,
ReplyDeleteKatie
{{{ Terri }}} I am sorry for your loss... I still miss my G-ma every day of my life. People would say... 'Oh you had her for so long!' when I lost her at 33. I would answer, 'And that is exactly why it is so hard to let the gift she was to me go.' Sending you prayers of comfort... some day you will hug on the Other Side.
ReplyDeletebe well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/
So sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeleteLyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/
This is very touching and sweet. I know she is smiling knowing that she made such an impact on you. Celebrate her life and have a happy tomorrow. : )
ReplyDeleteAllison
If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane,We would walk right up to Heaven, to bring you home again.....No farewell words were spoken, no time to say good-bye.....You were gone before we knew it, and only God knows why....Our hearts ache in sadness, and secret tears will flow......What it meant to lose you, no one will ever know.....
ReplyDeleteI love this one...it makes me cry but I love it....
love you!
Kelly
For years, Mom wrote a family newsletter, she called "The Family Doodle". When she died, one of my cousins and myself, kept up the tradition. On the first issue I did, I enclosed a letter, (sorta) from Mom. It started out like this:
ReplyDelete"Hi. Just wanted to let you all know I arrived. Heaven is truly beautiful...."
Gonna look for that today, and send it on to you. It's really neat. It was written anonymously.....and it was in her pile of Family Doodle stuff I found after she died. Felt like she was talking to me, showing it to me......
Angel
oh TERRI!!!!! This was a beautiful tribute to your grandma!!! I loved reading it..there were some things in there I had never read before.....
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this with all of us!
love and hugs!
Cassey
Terri, I am sitting here in tears reading all these wonderful tributes to your grandmother. I lost mine around the same time you did - 10 years ago this past February. I miss her everyday.
ReplyDelete