Friday, March 14, 2008

Why?

                                       Why?

My uncle Kevins surgery was thursday, the surgery went okay....the Dr. came out and told us they took a little over half of his lung out...and it was in fact lung cancer...so the biopsy that said it wasn't cancer was wrong....we are devastated....

They couldn't see the spot on his lung with the scope on the outside of his lung, the spot was on the inside...they said usually in doing this type of surgery the patients ribs would break...and none of Kevins did...so that is good...he has been in alot of pain...but they have him on all kinds of pain meds to keep it under control.... he seems to be in good spirits...but i don't know if it has really sunk in yet....I think we are all shocked, it wasn't the news we were expecting...

He spent the night in ICU and went to a regular room today....he will be in the hospital for 5 days....

Please continue to keep him and our family in your thoughts and prayers....especially Kevin and my grandad....we have already lost one family member to cancer....I hope and pray they caught Kevins in the early stages and his chances are good....but right now..we really don't know....

Thank you all so much for being there for me and keeping my family in your thoughts and prayers

                                         Until next time....

P.S.

   I forgot to add that they removed some lymph nodes to test to see if it has spread...it will be several days before we hear anything on that....

18 comments:

  1. Oh Terri....
    Nothing could prepair a family for that.
    What horrible news. I am so very very sorry. Please keep us posted and know that I am thinking of you and your uncle.
    I think I am going to cry for you now.
    Love you very much girl
    I am here for you to talk to if you want
    Brandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that things went ok....
    Its never easy when a loved one is facing a tragedy such as this...
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family..
    (((HUGS)))
    Hadon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what it is like to have cancer in the family.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and with Kevin especially.  Luv ya! : )

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. terri i am so very sorry to hear this
    keeping your uncle and rest of the family in my prayers.
    please keep us updated on anychanges.
    hopefully this is a good sign ... where the biopsy didnt show anything... they were able to find it anyway and I pray that they removed it all.
    take care
    emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhhhh hon I am so sorry to hear this news...  you know you can count on me to send a ton of prayers and good thoughts.   Gentle hugs to you and yours my friend
    d

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwwwww hon I am so sorry to hear this, sending up prayers, Hugs Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww I am so sorry to hear this. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Take care and try and stay positive. They can do so much with cancer treatment now.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that must have been some devastating news to find out after they'd already said he didn't have cancer.  I will keep him and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just know you will stay in my thoughts and prayers. I'm just so sorry.

    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  10. we will keep him in our thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Terri, I'm so sorry to hear this news.  Your uncle and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.  I remember when my dad had surgery to remove some of the cancer in his lungs, his ribs had broken and he was so sore.  Thank goodness your uncle didn't have that.  Love you!! Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keeping him in my prayers!!
    Missie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terri,  I am so sorry about your family's tragedy, and it is any time any one is diagnosed with cancer.  And then I have been having prob. with computer today and addressed you as Shelly.  I do not know what I was thinking.  I am sorry Shelly.  My prayers are with uou and your entire family.   Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes of course i will keep your family in my prayers. I do know what you are going through. My childrens uncle had that surgery last spring. They were afraid the anestesia would kill him but they operated any way. they took one lung and part of the other. He has to wear a oxygen tank. right after christmas he came down here from new york to vist his neices. he said he was gonna live as much as he was able.
    yall keep his spirits up and show him that you believe he can make it.He is part of a wonderful and loving family. and that is in his favor.
    Please dont be afraid! you are not alone, june

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear friend I am so sorry about your uncle. I just got back from Eastern Ky  today . Tom's sister passed away wednesday morning at 2Am so pray for us too. will pray for Kevin   Love HATTY

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no I am SO sorry to hear this!  I will keep your family in my prayers!  I pray the other results come back negative.  

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so sorry....you and your family are in my prayers love vicky

    ReplyDelete
  18. Teri, I'm playing catch up so already know that your uncle's diagnosis post-surgery is good, so yay!  What I wanted to share with you is that last year, my mom had one of her lungs, and lymph nodes, entirely removed.  She's only on one lung now and doing great.  She was up & walking around (in ICU) the next day. She was out of the hospital on time and didn't even need one of us to stay with her.  She was back 100% within a month.  Kevin's going to do great, too.  I just know it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!