Sunday, December 14, 2008

O' Christmas Tree..O' Christmas Tree




Friday night we came home from work...and started getting down our tree and all our decorations from the attic...we turned on some Christmas music and finally got our tree up and decorated.... When we don't have a tree up...it's really hard getting in the Christmas spirit...but this did the trick.... putting on each ornament one at a time...remembering when we bought it....or who gave it to us....as some have our names and dates on them... we have some cherished ornaments from Jeff's Uncle Johnny...who is no longer with us...he had down syndrome and in March will be gone 2yrs....he would buy us ornaments and personlize them for us ...they mean alot to us. We also have ornaments passed on to us from my MIL...she knows how much I love teddy bears....so she gave me her set of teddy bear ornaments and also bought me a set of Boyds Bears ornaments as a gift a few years ago...I collect Boyds Bears. She also gave Jeff a set of tractor ornaments...a few years ago...he has had a toy tractor collection a couple of times over the years, a huge collection....but sold out both times... If we ever move and have more room i'm sure he will collect again.

Sorry if the pics are huge, they look like they are as I type this....i've never added pics from photobucket only graphics....maybe I am suppose to resize them? I really need to learn the settings on my camera....the colored pics turned out a little blurry....but I might not have been steady enough either....

I woke up yesterday morning and went Christmas shopping....I got several gifts for my grandad, stepdad,MIL, my best friends daughter etc.... JCPenneys was having a huge sale ....I got alot of nice things for a reasonable price.... I also picked up my gift for the little girls bell which I took down from the Angel Tree at work for needy children...I chose a 2 year old little girl who needed clothes...I got her 3 outfits and a pair of pajamas....it makes me feel so good to be able to help out someone in need....especially little ones.

Jeff and I wasn't going to buy for one another...we are going to paint, border and put a new floor in the bathroom...as our gifts to one another...but I can't help myself....I had to get him a few things to open.... I got him a winter coat...at JCP yesterday...reg. $100 for $39...I was so excited about that...a few weeks ago I got him Billy Idol's greatest hits cd....he loves his music...as do I....I am getting him some Armani cologne....a coworker wears it....and it smells heavenly....I have to get him some...probably the best smelling cologne I have ever came across....I also got him a 5x7 of myself....haha He will get a kick out of that...I've never given him a pic of myself in all the years we've been together....so I took a self portrait....the one on my sidebar...and got a 5x7 made for him.... I also got him a 5x7 of the pic of us and the Deadliest Catch Time Bandit brothers...the Hillstrands....that was an awesome day as we both love that show...and rarely does Jeff let anyone take his pic...and he did for that book signing....so I wanted to frame it :)

Is it bad to go Christmas shopping and come home with a few bags for yourself? haha Fashion Bug was having a buy one get one for .99 cent sale this weekend...so I bought myself a winter coat...it was 50% off...4 shirts and dare I say it? 2 more purses!

Jeff is still sick....I think he has broncitis...his head and chest are so congested...he said he can feel it breaking up in his chest...he mentioned finally going to the Dr. today....I hope so....cause I want him better...and I don't want to catch it. We may go to Walmart today...I have a couple more gifts to get...then I am done.

My friend Brandi @ Excess Baggage started a new networking site for bloggers....where we can get our journals
out there and also find new blogs to read...I thought it was a great idea...and it's simple to join....I'm lovin it....check it out....I hope you all decide to join.....here is the link...

Real Life Bloggers - A Network Of Real Bloggers

I'm gonna go and get caught up with ya'll while I have a little time to spare....hope your having a good weekend...

Until next time....

15 comments:

  1. It cut off alot of my pics...I don't know what I'm doing adding pics on photobucket...any advice or info would be appreicated from those of you who use it all the time... :::sigh:::

    Hugs
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Tree! And I guess you qualify for the Christmas spirit!!! Nice entry. He'll love the picture & coat! Yeah buy yourself a (another)PURSE??? You girls may be tough, but you are crazy too, however we still love you!
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree looks wonderful.. I agree with you on not being in the Christmas spirit until the tree and decorations up.. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.. and I hope your hubby feels better...
    Kelly~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, your tree is just beautiful! Is that a fake tree? If so where did you get it? It looks great. Our poor little scraggley tree is pathetic. LOL

    I think you might very well have more purses than anybody I know! :)

    Sounds like you found some great deals though...

    Hope Jeff is feeling better soon.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree is gorgeous! I need to get a new big one. Mine is so scrawny looking. I can't figure out how to take pictures of my tree with the lights out. The flash makes it look like all the lights are on. I'm such a dunce with cameras.

    You need to resize your pics to a smaller size before putting them in Photobucket. I used to resize mine in the Kodak program. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Christmas tree is beautiful. I glad you
    bought you something while shopping. We don't
    go shopping without bringing something home for us. No shoes or purse this time? Maybe next
    time.

    Shirl

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Terri , when those pictures appeared on screen they blew me away! Y'all must have worked a long time to get the tree so beautiful. I like bears too and gingerbread and angels. jun

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tree looks great, glad you got it up and decorated. Hope Jeff gets better soon.
    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tree is just beautiful!! I like to have Christmas music on when we decorate our trees too. It is fun to look at the ornaments as we put them up isn't it and remember how we acquired each one?! I like the gifts you found for hubby. Wow why do I not know about this Fashion Bug sale? LOL. I think that is wonderful you are helping that little girl for Christmas. Most of the fun truly is the giving part!! Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I took a nude picture of myself and made an 8x10 and had it framed for Debbie last year for Christmas.
    She put it in the cellar to scare the rats away!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a hard time using photobucket with this blog I have now. It puts everything in my posting box. I have my Santa and reinedeer, and snowman on my blog and decided to find out how to get them off with Phyzam and so far they are still there. They will probably be showing up on there ven in summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tree looks beautiful. And of course you have to buy something for yourself when you go shopping, you don't want to hurt your subconscious feelings, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bridgett had a link to the site you mentioned, I started to check it out and saw that I need to sign up and at the time I just didn't have the TIME. ::sigh:: I was trying to get a sense of what it was. I guess I should go back and check it out this evening.

    The tree is beautiful! Do you use live writer to do your blog entries? It will appear exactly as you see it in Live Writer - no paragraphs running together, easy to add photos and size them.

    Have a good week!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!