Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas @ Moms.... 12/28/08



Sunday afternoon around 4pm we all gathered at Mom's house for our Christmas dinner...we had a wonderful time...

Mom fixed so much food...it was delicious...us kids brought some things too.....we had
  • Ham
  • Turkey in broth
  • Deviled eggs
  • Ham rolls
  • Cheese tray with various cheeses and meats
  • Potato salad(Moms is the best ever)
  • Dressing
  • Pigs in a blanket
  • Celery and ranch
  • Yeast Rolls
  • Blackberry wine cake
  • Molasses cake
  • Chocolate Chip pie
  • Pecan Pie

We all ate till we were stuffed....sat around talking and catching up....and wasted no time in letting the kids open their gifts...they were so excited....they were quick to say "Thank you" and come give us lots of hugs.....I love my nieces and nephews!

We stayed till after everyone had gone home....Mom was worn out from all the cooking and cleaning she had done...so I told her I was going to clean up and do the dishes....she said to leave them for the next day...but I wasn't having it :) She cooked the meal...the least I could do was clean up the mess....

Not only that, but she sent home all the leftovers with Jeff and I....we ate it for supper last night....and are finishing everything up tonight.... Thanks Mom....gotta love leftovers!

Mom and my stepdad seemed to like all of the gifts they got from us kids.....I did lecture Mom though...hehe She is so much like my grandma....she saves gifts forever until she thinks she needs them.... "for special occasions" etc.... I told her to spoil yourself....open stuff and use it when you get it....because tomorrow is never promised for any of us.... everyday is a special occasion.....when we wake up to see another day!

I can't say much, although I do put all my gifts to use...ASAP...mom and I got it honest...this keeping things forever.....what some might call a pack-rat.... That's what Jeff calls me...haha! We got it from my grandma....and I'm proud of it....never know when ya might need that certain something you've been hanging onto for years....

I'm not as bad as I use to be....I have managed to get rid of things from year to year at yard sales we have had....but somehow I manage to just bring more stuff back in the house that I buy on sale or at other yard sales....lol I can't resist a bargain!

This week is just movin right along...today I worked a different position at work....that always makes the day go by faster...doing something different....tomorrow is New Years Eve....I can hardly believe it.....

Think i'm gonna stop tomorrow afternoon after work and get some alcohol ....to ring in the new year...I'm thinkin either Smirnoff(grape)....or Malibu Rum with Pineapple Orange Juice....yum! Not sure what we are gonna do just yet....more than likely we will stay home and party in the safety of our own place....might play some cards or somethin...

Thanks for all the comments,compliments and kind words about my slideshows...hope you are enjoying them!

Wish I was off work tomorrow...but oh well....Just thankful I am off work thursday..... if I'm not on again till then...

Happy New Year!!!!

16 comments:

  1. Great entry and I do love the slide show. AND what a list of food. Looked so good. I know it was. Yeah, sometimes I think I love left overs about as much as the first time around. You know a lot of folks do what you mentioned you mom does sometime, save the gift for later. It is hard to do, but we have started using whatever it is NOW. But the old habit of saving it is hard to break. OH and GOOD On YOU!
    It is always nice to clean up, or help. Sometimes VERY nice.
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW all that food, I bet your mother is tired.
    Good entry as usually. I hope you and your Honey have A HAPPY NEW YEAR. Good idea to stay
    safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. trying to get caught up... great pictures and looks like you had fun... and good food. You and Mom look great
    love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks and sounds like it was a good time. Have a good New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love your slideshows. Makes me feel like I know you even better. And your family looks so kind and loving...especially your mom. Little Emma is ADORABLE.

    That food list made me salivate. Yummy! I wouldn't have minded sharing those leftovers with you. LOL

    I have to confess, I've never had blackberry wine cake. Is it good?

    I think I must be the opposite of a pack-rat. Every year I CLEAN OUT our house and have a garage sale. LOL I just can't stand extra clutter. I might be a little more lenient if we had more storage in this darn townhouse. :)

    Happy 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the pic of you and mom and all the slide shows. Terri, You and Gary have a Happy New Year and a whole lot more.
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your slideshows are awesome, Terri! I love them. I love looking at all slideshows. Too cool. Dang, your mom cooked up a storm. My kids brought stuff from my ex MIL's. She sent me a ton of good stuff. Ugh...I'm eating it all, too.

    I also love the pic of you and your mom and little Emma is a cutie! Happy New Year to you, Jeff, Beau and your family!!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pictures are precious....glad you had a good time!!! Wishing you the best for a happy, healthy new year in 2009!!!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. The gifts are great but the best gift is we were all together as a family. Grandma's potato salad was the best, I just learned how to cook the way she did, the good old fashioned way. I really appreciated you doing the dishes I was too tired to even think about doing them Sunday night. That little lecture didn't faze me a bit, gonna keep on using my old stuff until it's worn completely out, hahaha. Grandma taught me not to waste. I'm not really what I would call a packrat I just save stuff until I need it.

    Hope you, Jeff, and Beau have a fun New Year's Eve. Stay home where it's safe!

    Love ya
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have loved looking at ALL of your Christmas pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us.

    Looks like you guys had a great time with family and that is what it's ALLL about.

    Hugs,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year Terri!!!! Thanks for the email too! I do love CBD! :) I pray 2009 is just a wonderful year for you and your family!!

    BTW dashboard doesn't show my updates, but I'm updating a lot, so if you have time check in!

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI TERRI!!!!

    ITS EMILY (EMILY'S PURPLE PAGES/THEREALSLIMEMMY)

    I'M TRYING TO FIND ALL OF MY AOL BUDDIES OVERE HERE ON BLOGGER!!!! I'VE MISSED EVERYONE WAY TOO MUCH AND HAVE DECIDED TO START A NEW BLOG OVER HERE!!!

    WHEW THIS IS SO DIFFERENT FROM AOL...I'LL FIGURE IT OUT EVENTUALLY. LOL

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

    HERE IS MY NEW LINK! HOPE YOU WILL JOIN ME OVER THERE!!!

    http://rightundermyfeet.blogspot.com/

    EMILY

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love me some Malibu Rum...........oh, Lord...that stuff is like Kool-Aid, and dangerous! Never tried the flavored Vodka's though. Probably dangerous too! lol

    Hope you guys made it to watch the ball drop! I didn't!!!

    happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Let me be the first to tell you, I know your dear mama was real grateful to you for cleaning up! lol
    mariko washed the dishes and she had done most of the cooking. I thanked her profusely and she said thats o.k. mama. But later as I went into the kitchen and realized there was nothing for me to do i felt so much love from what she did.
    Daughters like you are a mamas greatest tresure!
    much love to you and the family, jun

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a great New Year Terri. Lucy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!