
Thanks so very much for the leftovers from our Christmas dinner last night! You made a feast fit for a King/Queen....it was delicious!
Folks, I know we all think the same thing ...but...
My mama really is the BEST cook in the world!
Menu for our Christmas dinner last night:
- Turkey & gravy
- BBQ Boston Butt
- Country Ham
- dressing
- mashed potatoes
- potato casserole
- corn
- green beans
- celery & ranch dip
- fried squash
- baked beans(my sister made)
- yeast rolls
- slaw
- fruit salad
- chess pie(my sister made)
- peanut butter fudge
- chocolate fudge
- turtles
- chocolate covered cherries
- strawberry marshmellows dipped in white chocolate
I'm sure I forgot something....it was a feast guys...Mom worked so hard on that meal and was so tired....but she made us all...very happy campers...we were all stuffed to the max! Thanks so much mom...that in itself is a gift....we all really appreciate it!
I kept asking her what I could bring food wise...and since she and my sister had it pretty much covered....I asked her if I could bring plastic forks, plates, napkins or anything of that nature....she said she needed forks.... So I got the forks but also stocked her up on Glad and Ziplock containers...something she said didn't have many of anymore...as she told us to bring our own containers if we wanted leftovers to take home.... but I wanted her to have some of her own...cause I know she uses them all the time.... but sends them here, there and everywhere....because she shares so much of her good ol' homecooking.....she seemed glad to have them. It was the least I could do.
Next year I am thinking of something food wise to bring before anyone else....lol My SIL and sister have requested for the last 2yrs my oreo balls....everytime they ask did you bring them? So next year I told them I for sure would....along with other goodies!
We ended up getting mom and my stepdad a gift card for Walmart so they can get whatever they need/want....sometimes it's just easier that way....so they can get things they'll use.....
The kids had an absolute blast....and loved all their gifts...I took tons of pics and will try to get all my Christmas pics made into slideshows this week sometime to share.... I will email them to you mom so you can save them...but it will be several emails and it might take me a week or two to get them to ya...lol
I went to some after Christmas sales yesterday....got some awesome deals! That will be an entry all to itself....so get ready Bridgett...I know how you love my bargain entries....LOL
So sorry I am so far behind on everyones blogs....it's been crazy busy around here, as it has for everyone....I will eventually make my rounds to see how your holidays have been.... great I hope!
Went to my best friends house last night and hungout...we had a great time....they just built a new house and it was our first time seeing it.... It is BEAUTIFUL! I told her if we ever move again...that I was gonna have to hire her to decorate for me...lol
Anyways....my vacation is over...I am dreading going back tomorrow...I need a vacation from my vacation...didn't get much rest..was on the go. We have another short week ahead though...so that is good!
Pics to come soon....
Have a great afternoon!
What a great tribute to a sweet lady. The left overs look delicious, the feast was toooo much. But now I am full, but the squash still looked good!
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys had a great time, sounds like a great family get together.
TAke care, Love from down this way
Sherry & jack
I just got home from the movies and I had decided I wasn't gonna eat anything for the rest of the night. But after seeing that pic, I gotta go to the kitchen! Looks great!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great time. :)
Have a good week!
ReplyDeleteOk, that is not fair. You made me so hungry I am going to take a bath and eat Cheerios. Looks wonderful!!
ReplyDeleteThat all looks great
ReplyDeleteThis is very sweet of you writing an entry thanking me for the Christmas feast. You're welcome! I couldn't have done it without all the wonderful people who provided most of the food for me to cook and Grandma teaching me how to cook when I was younger.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the containers & the gift card. They will both come in handy and the gift card will be spent on nessities not on wants. We wish you guys wouldn't give us gifts but they are very much appreciated.
I'm still tired but it was worth it to have our family together to celebrate Christmas. I enjoyed everyone being here and like you say the girls seemed to have a blast even with the wrapping paper. I wish the boys could have been here too.
I love your new header. My computer has gone wacko, it's turning itself on and going back to 2003 setup. I don't even know how I managed to get through all the computer lingo and get on the internet but I'm here so I must have done something right, lol. Now I just hope this comment goes through.
Love,
Mom
What a feast. Glad you had a good vacation
ReplyDeleteand Merry Christmas. I went shopping Sunday
bought two things love shopping. Hope
you have a HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Shirl
The food look so good. Hope you have a Happy New Year, jean
ReplyDeleteI do love your bargain entries! LOL YOu're so right about that. Mostly because I'm in awe of your bargaining prowess. It's something I lack BADLY. For me, a bargain is a few dollars off on an Amazon purchase. :D
ReplyDeleteThat plate of food looks AMAZING! I can tell how good it must've tasted just by looking at it.
Have you ever noticed that? How some people just have the ability to make their food look tasty while others don't? My food might taste okay, but it never looks that appealing.
Your mom has a gift!
XOXO