Sunday, October 1, 2006

Storms,Birthday Bash, pics and Chris Daughtry what.?!?!

Hey everyone!

Hope you enjoy the pics

 

Friday the weather kept saying they were expecting some showers in the evening saturday night, no need to cancel plans...30% chance....well at 8am yesterday morning...the storms began...pissing and pouring rain..with thunder and lightening..oh great!!!!  It kept on and on into the afternoon...finally @ 2pm i called my cousin who was hosting the party and asked her if it was still on...she said yeah..the band was already there , testing the mics and such...they had put a tarp all across them...and then they had a huge tarp over the patio...so everything should be okay...but we were hoping the storms would end by the time of the party, which they did..thank goodness!  All the guest were to arrive around 5...and My uncle and his wife were suppose to come a little after 6...so we could all be prepared.

How we got my uncle here..as he lives 3 hours away...you ask..?  hehe  All of my family stood behind the story of my cousin had been dating a girl for awhile and had got her pregnant...very pregnant..as she was 8 months along..HAHA  I can't believe my uncle fell for this...but anyways...We knew that my uncle NEVER misses a wedding in the family..so that would be the only thing to get him here and make it believable as his birthday was just Wed.( still not believing he fell for this)..lol   So my uncle the said grooms father called Marty up and told him the unexpected news...that his son had got a girl pregnant...and they decided to get married...spur of the moment basically...so my uncle Marty said..I'll be there!!!

 So my cousin and her mother(Marty's wife)...kept in touch on their cell's giving one another clues as to how close they were to my cousins house..so once they got close....My uncle Steve and his wife...the said grooms parents...the groom and bride....and I(the only one who remembered a camera)..headed out front...to take a few wedding pics <wink wink>...lol   As my uncle Marty and aunt pulled in the drive...they saw us snapping pics...and Clayton and his fiance' preparing to go out back for the wedding....so we headed around back...in the meantime the fake groom and bride ran in the house...she took her fake belly out( pillow and socks..lol)...and they were all gathered out back waiting for my uncle to get back there....so we came around the patio corner...and everyone yelled...Surprise..and started singing Happy Birthday!   He was so shocked...even after everyone sang....he looked at my other uncle the said grooms dad..and said...

"So there isn't a wedding?"...laughing

He was still kinda believing it...haha

OMG those smirnoff's are so good...the watermelon and the grape..I drank about 5 of those...and drank one of my friends Parrot Bay Pineapple/ Orange..they wasn't bad...but i would like to try the other flavors....I was feeling pretty darn good...as it don't take much for me anymore..lol  No hangover this morning though....yippeee!

Well i think i am fixing to head into town and go to Fashion Bug..they are having a buy one get one for $1 sale this weekend...gonna see if i can find some winter clothes...hope ya'll enjoyed the pics

                         Hugss...

                               ~Terri~

P.S.

I just had to throw my Chris Daughtry in there a few times...MMM..Good!  =)

12 comments:

  1. Wow, Terri!  You guys deserve an award just for going through all that, and getting him there with the surprise still in tact! lol  Looks like, from the pictures, that you all had a great time! :)

    Hugs
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks and sounds like you guys had a GREAT time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Pics Terri!  Thanks for sharing them.  You all look like you had a blast.  That is just too funny the story you told your uncle.  He was PUNK'D for sure, lol.  I guess after that stunt, you cant put anything past your family, hah?  

    I went to Fashion Bug and caught the same sale!  LOL, I came home with 6 pairs of jeans and 4 tops for $ 174 and I had a $ 75. in gift cards, so I only spent $100 of my own money.  Have fun shopping!

    Hugs,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, any time you want to throw Chris in your journal, go right ahead!  Love seeing him.  What a great idea for a surprise party!!!  That is so cool!  I was wondering why that "fiancee" looked so darned good for being so pregnant.  Too funny!!!  Happy Birthday to your Godfather!!!  50 is the new 40 don't you know?  LOL!
    Hugs and love,
    Lisa
    P.S.:  You and your hubby look alike so it will last forever.  That's how I can tell.  ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohmygosh, you guys are rotten!  Hilarious!

    LORI

    Who I am… underneath it all:  
    http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/DiscoveringMe

    Precious Metal (A Spiritual Journal)
    http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/PreciousMetal

    ReplyDelete
  6. come on Nov 21!!!!!!!!!!!   YEAH Chris!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. How great! Great prank.   Y'all sound like a bunch of fun folks.  
    Have a great week.
    Barb  

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like ya had so much fun!  What a funny idea that was!  At first I was like damn she has the cutest preggie belly LMAO!

    I freaking love your dog...oh and Chris too :)

    ~V~

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL...sounds like a great party.  I still can't believe you had him fooled.  It rained in Pa. all day Friday and Saturday and was darned cold.  Today was so pretty.  Loved the pics.  Of course, I loved seeing Chris again.  HUGS  Chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW sounds like you had a great time Terri.  WOW on Chris, forgot how cute he is!! LMAO!  Phew anyhow, glad you didn't get a hangover, that is DEFFINATELY a good time! AHHA!  HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like good times :)  i love how you guys tricked him into coming..that's awesome.  you've got a great family there doll!  
    take it easy~
    ~Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI Terri~
    Despite the bad weather before the party, it looks like you all had a wonderful time. Family get togethers are so much fun.....your pictures made me miss them :).
    And you don't look bad at all you silly...LOL!

    Glad you all had such a wonderful time.
    Hugs,
    Gayla

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!