Hey everyone!
Well AOL has been a big pain in the ass the last couple days, yesterday I typed out 2 entries one was really long...it ate both...I said piss on it! I tried to catch up in journals i could barely get in some, and some not at all...some i could comment in...some i couldn't...today as I am making this entry no pretty graphics adorn my entry why? Because the add image , add video buttons etc...are not on here for some odd reason! I have about had it I tell ya, I can't complain too much it's not like i am a paying customer I get AOL for free...but they are the ones that gave us that option if we carried our own high speed network...they really need to get their shit together..it is always something it seems!!!!
Wait I said I can't complain...haha Thats all I am doing...but i can't help it...it gets on my nerves...cause this is the main reason I get on the internet for my Jland friends...wanting to see what is up with everyone and occasionally updating my journal...and I love to add graphics..and I can't at the moment and it ticks me off...christmas will be over and I won't get to use any of my pretty christmas graphics!
Okayyyyyy, vent session over...
Putting on my happy face =)
Let's see...whats been going on with me.
As you know I pulled something in my back and have been on meds all week...the meds really help numb the pain...the muscle relaxer would knock me out...so i could only take it at night..and pain meds during the day while at work...my meds ran out yesterday...so far so good...I hope it did the trick. I still hurt a little when I've been sitting for awhile and get up....but we shall see.
Last saturday night I told Jeff if he could just get the tree down from the attic and put it together I could decorate it myself..slowly but surely. So he got it down put it together..it's a prelit one with colored lights my MIL got us as a gift 5yrs ago..we love it...but for some reason it was shedding the needles as if it was a real tree...it was so strange!!!! Needles were everywhere in our living room...he plugged it in...the bottom half of the lights wouldn't work...he tried for an hour to see what bulb was causing the problem then he said i'm just gonna cut this strand of lights out and we will add another...he tried for close to an hour to cut it out...but it was so entwined in the branches it was almost impossible!
So we said the heck with it and went to Walmart @ 9pm and bought a new prelit tree...this time with clear lights..I love the clear...he loves the colored...We really like both but.... So we got home and was putting it up and my MIL came over...I was dreading telling her we had to throw the tree she had given us out...so Jeff told her...and she was okay with it...she said well if it didn't work...you can't help that. Still wondering why it shed needles i have never seen a fake tree do that...I would almost think because of the cold/hot times in the attic..but it didn't do it the whole 5yrs we had it...oh well! So by tuesday I had it decorated all the way...it took me a few days...cause most the time after a days work and once i took my muscle relaxer I was out within an hour.
Sorry this entry is so long, but it's been awhile...if you are still reading..thanks =)
We went shopping friday night, we are done christmas shopping but Fashion Bug was having a one day sale everything in the store was 50% off...plus i had a $10 off coupon, a $10 voucher they sent me cause I spend alot there, that is where i get all my clothes...and also a extra 10% off card...and I could use them all along with the reg. 50% off sale they were having..I was soooo excited! So Jeff dropped me off and he went over to Spencers... I got $350 dollars worth of clothes for $148....I got 2 new jackets, a pair of jeans and 6 shirts...one shirt alone was reg. $49 I got it for $23 I think after all the discounts I had...Jeff usually sits out in the truck and waits for me...he came in the store and I was like...You might wanna go back out to the truck...I am buying alot...haha! He knew I was getting some great deals though!
I hope you enjoyed the pics...some wasn't so great but i put them in there anyways...
I'm going to wait to do my christmas entry tomorrow...hopefully by then the add image button will be back and I can add my graphics!
We had christmas at grandads last night, we had a wonderful time..we just had finger foods...we brought 50 honey bbq wings from Beef O Brady's and (4) 2 liters...we had tons of food...taco mound and chips, cheese dip and chips, veggie tray, mutton sandwiches as well as smoked turkey sandwiches, seasoned crackers, tater casserole, oreo layer dessert, coconut cake, orange sherbert fudge, pumpkin cake etc...
We gave my grandad cash that way he could spend it on groceries, medicines or whatever...i figured that would be best.
My uncle and his girlfriend made everyone a video with pics of the whole family that showed along with music in the background it was wonderful, there was a segment just with my Aunt Judy in it...many pics of my grandma...many tears were shed...we miss them so!!! We had alot of laughs as well with pics of one of my cousins Brad dressed up on halloween as a woman, one with me taking a nap when i was about 11yrs old with my mouth wide open , family bbqs, wedding pics, vacation pics, childhood pics....it was a great gift...and Grandad all aunts and uncles and neices and nephews got a dvd ...it will be watched for years to come.
Anyways I better get going..we are going to clean house...we have company coming over tonight...my cousin Jessica is home from college for christmas and hasn't stayed the night in a long time...so she is coming to spend some time with us...Jessica, my coworker Beth(my uncles girlfriend) and I are going to the movies to see P.S. I love you with Hillary Swank...about a husband and wife...the husband is dying and is leaving his wife a video and notes of how to go on without him once he is gone..and with every note he ends it with P.S. I love you.....awww I just know I am going to need kleenex!!!
Hope you all are having a great sunday!
Hugs
Terri
P.S.
Thanks so much for my christmas/photo cards Emmi, Lisa, Chrissie, Granny Lucy, Barb, Angel, Lisa L, Lori, and Bernie!!!!!
Your dog is adorable! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
ReplyDeleteMissie
Welcome back and I agree on aol. I downkloaded there new system and took it right back out. I think that is why there are so many problems. Glad you are feeling better. I am really glad that you all got together. You just made me hungry. Glad you got some specials!!! bESIDES THOSE OF US THAT ARE getting aol FREE, I called our Road Runner and she said stop right where you are or it will cost you. Keep on feeling better. Hugs from Granny Lucy
ReplyDeleteThat movie is on my "to see" list. Actually, I was having movie issues earlier today and that would have been a good one to take ME to. Gggrrr... opportunity lost now! Let us know about it. It looks great.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas & a Happy New Year
ReplyDeleteMy dogs have blankies too! LOL You and I and our dogs! LOL
ReplyDeleteHave a Merry Christmas!
LORI
I enjoyed all the pictures. I think you are right, Beau is in almost everyone of them. LOL I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and that AOL won't foul it up in some way. : )
ReplyDeleteAllison
Your new tree is gorgeous! I'm thinking 5 years out of a pre-lit tree isn't all that bad because those little lights are a huge PIA. I was just happy mine lit for the 2nd year this year. I haven't been able to get in journals for a couple of days now also. Everything is super slow or just won't open. I went to add a video today, and my whole entry disappeared except for the dang video. This always happens around holidays. Someone joked that everybody at AOL is on vacation. I'm thinking it might be true. LOL...I'm blabbering on. Love ya, Chris
ReplyDeletePictures were great thanks for sharing..... maybe just age did a toll on the tree. I swear they make 'em so they don't last forever. GRRRRRR
ReplyDeleteI hear you about AOL.... but I use photobucket so it doesn't matter if the buttons are there or not. Sneaky sneaky. LOL Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas.. may 2008 bring you good things
hugs
d
merry Christmas...i want to see that movie too because i read the book...
ReplyDeleteLyn
(((((Terri)))))
ReplyDeleteHappy Christmas cutie! :) I love all the pics of Beau---he is absolutely adorable! One day I would love to have a little dog like him, instead of the big boys I have..LOL.
I'm so glad you all had a nice Christmas celebration with the whole family. Connor is so big! My gosh he is just a cutie-pie.
Have a very Merry Christmas :)
Big Huggers,
Gayla
I loved your pic's. Beau is so cute and like Spunky, spoiled. I could not view them yesterday when I was on. Just a blank corner. Have a Merry Christmas. Sounds like you have already had a good start. All my love, Granny Lucy
ReplyDeleteSorry AOL treated you rudely. I do hope you will have a wonderful Christamas. Take care.
ReplyDeletePhil
Oh my gosh that movie sounds wonderful!!! The party sounds so nice... what delicious foods you had!!! Sorry about the tree but that is awesome you have a new one. I looked at every single picture and the new tree and all the ornaments are so beautiful!! I love the bears and the tractors! Look how big Connor is!! And the puppy is just too cute!!! Wishing you and Jeff a most wonderful Christmas and a happy 2008 and girl I am so goin' shoppin' with you when it's time to buy clothes!! What great deals you got!!
ReplyDeleteLisa : )
Very cute pics! :)
ReplyDeleteLove the pics. Our prelit tree now has two strands out so we are going to get a new one. this is SUCH a gorgeous tree, the fact that we can't fix the lights has me heartbroken. Rich tried forever to do it but I don't know if they CAN be fixed. Anywayit's been good tree. Sounds loike a nice of food and company at your granddad's. We just got a Beef O Brady's here. I guess it MUST be good as many wings as you took!! We have to check it out. It's clear across town and we have SO many freakin restaurants in this town we never think of going cross town. I swear I think we have as many restaurants as residents. LOL Well, maybe not since we have a pop of about 230,000. LOL You tree is really nice. Jake didn't get too spoiled this year. He got treats, a new stuffed mouse which he loves and a new ball. Our long haired chihuahua does not....will not play. And dislikes almost every kind of treat there is. Whoever abused him...should be shot. Well, I'm making comments like entries so I better cut it out. LOL Take care.
ReplyDeleteLuv N Hugs, Barb