
Hey everyone!!!!
Hope everyone had a good weekend...mine was busy...but good.
Saturday I got up at 7am..don't ask me why...I've been doing that lately...use to I could sleep in until noon and be fine and dandy but anymore it seems I am up and at em' bright and early even when I can sleep in.
Most of the reason I wanted to get up and get moving was because i needed to clean house, we had a guest stay the night with us saturday night and I wanted to make sure the house was good and clean, my best friends 7yr old daughter had been wanting to stay the night for quite some time and I finally found a sat. free from work and didn't really have anything planned so we planned this a couple weeks ago.
Baylee has always been special to me, I was there in the room the day she was born video taping for her mom and dad...I was blessed enough to be included in the birth of their second child as well...Macie who will be 2 in March... they are both very special to me...I treat them as my nieces and they call me Aunt Red(their mom has called me Red for years)...cause I have strawberry blonde hair..lol
So saturday afternoon Jeff and I went to Walmart before we went to get Baylee...and boy was it a madhouse.. I had planned to do a little christmas shopping...I got 2 gifts and the rest was for myself..haha Sad isn't it...not really cause I am almost done with my shopping...so I felt like treating myself to the new Garth Brooks Ultimate Hits cd set..for 11.88 it has 2 cds with all of his greatest hits on it and a dvd with over 30 videos...I couldn't believe it was that cheap...I've always loved Garth! I also found the movie i had been looking for and wanting to bad..the dvd "The Christmas Shoes" I was telling ya'llabout ...it was only 9 something...I was so excited!
So we headed out to get Baylee around 5pm....on our way home we surprised her and took her into a big fancy neighborhood that has tons of christmas lights...she was like...Wowwwww...she really enjoyed it. The house in the neighborhood with the most lights is just amazing, he makes the paper every year...and has the same exact name as my husband...first and last..lol They are cousins...3rd or so. Jeff said his electric bill for the month of Dec. is around 500 bucks...ouch! While we were there the owner was on the roof situating things and the family was walking around the yard, where they could...checking lights and stuff, you can tell they take great pride in all their hard work...and people love it and come back for more every year...he adds one thing a year to it!
After we were done we headed home, cause she just couldn't wait any longer to see Beau, our chihuahua...she loves him to pieces....she came in the house and ran straight to him on the couch and wrapped her arms around him , kissing him saying aww Beau Beau you are the cutest dog i've ever seen, I love you! Like it was her first time seeing him or something...haha It was too cute.
Friday afternoon on the way home from work i stopped at the grocery to get some goodies to have around here for her to snack on...choc. and powdered donuts, cinnamon rolls, chips, grape soda, choc. milk...etc... I know crazy right..? With all those sweets and drinks...haha Oh well, when she comes i like to spoil her...she brought her movie Shrek the Third...and it is just adorable! We have the first two, Jeffs mom got them for us last year for christmas...cause she knew we loved it...gonna wait and see if she gives us the third one this year if not i'm going out to buy it ~ gotta love Shrek!
So I bought some brownies for us to bake too, she seemed to really enjoy it...cause I had vanilla ice cream to go with them right out of the oven. =)
We went to bed around 9pm...early I know but Jeff had been up since 6am and had worked and as he was sleeping on the couch so Baylee, Beau and I could have the bed ...we had to go to the bedroom...we were gonna watch some tv...but our reciever was giving us problems...so we just laid in bed and talked and talked. We have this little thing that looks like a candle and it has a glass bulb, you set in windows for christmas...we have one in our room all year long...so i asked her if she wanted a nightlight...she said yes. So i turned it on and set it on her nightstand..before ya know it she was under the comforter and the sheet...with the little light and Beau...just having a good ol' time...talking to him like they were best friends...haha It was so cute! Then she would come out and say boy it's hot under there...well yeah...I would say but then she would go right back under the covers with Beau... I'm so glad he is good with kids!
I got up around 7:30am sunday morning...as well as Jeff...and Baylee followed around 8am...She wanted fruity pebbles so I fixed her a bowl...she passed up the donuts I was shocked! She didn't eat all her cereal but about an hour later she said i'm hungry...so we all decided to bake some cinnamon rolls..they were all gone. =)
She stayed with us till about 1pm and we met her mom at Walmart to drop her off...and we headed to Home Depot to pick out some paint for our new front door and our old shutters...We saw a house in town painted the same color as ours .. Well ours is painted brick(clay) and we have clay siding...and their shutters were a darker brown...not real dark more like a taupe or mocha color...and it looked so good! Our old colors were clay house..hunter green door and shutters. So we got us some new paint called Oakwood Brown for the front door and shutters and hope to have them done soon. I would like to have it painted in time to find me a nice pretty pre-lit christmas wreath to hang on it!
It rained and rained here in Kentucky yesterday...I guess it's better than snow.
Guess I have rambled enough for today...didn't think I had much to talk about but i did apparently, sorry if I bored you =)
Nite nite...
Terri
* Thanks to Donna for the graphic above, link in sidebar "This, That and Hockey" ...check her out she is so creative.
As if there is someone out there who doesn't know Donna yet in Jland =)
Those candles are called friendship candles
ReplyDeleteJust reading this treasured entry, I can tell you will be a wonderful, nurturing and comforting mommy ~ minus the sweets (when they are your own). It sounds as though your weekend was filled with happiness. Take care of you and yours with hopes your happiness takes you through the week ahead. Enjoy and have fun,
ReplyDeleteKatie
That's so cute about your friends daughter staying the night w/ you guys. :) Sounds to me like Terri needs a baby. :) Is it too nosey of me to ask if you and Jeff are ever gonna have any? I think we've sorta talked about this before though...hmmm.
ReplyDeleteYou do sound like you have been awfully busy. All this talk about children and births makes me a little maternal. In do time though. LOL Hope you have a nice Tuesday. : )
ReplyDeleteAllison
Terri, email me your address so we can exchange Christmas cards, Hugs Lisa
ReplyDelete16 years of no birth control here...2 pregnancies that ended within the first 2 months....
ReplyDeletewe did the foster care while waiting for our baby...little did we know we would adopt thru foster care....
Iknow hte heart ache of trying month after month, tests, etc....
hugs!!!
Becky
I am glad you guys had such a good weekend
ReplyDeleteSounds like an awesome weekend!
ReplyDeleteMissie
Terri did I get your mailing addy? I was sending out cards and I don't remember. IF you are willing to share your addy I would love to send you one. Just email me..Nay0114@aol.com.
ReplyDeleteI don't require to receive one back so don't feel obligated.
Take care, Chrissie
She sounds like a baby doll. I still love looking at lights. Now take a picture of that door when you get it painted. Love your journal decorations. Love ya, Chris
ReplyDelete