Saturday, June 14, 2008

Fathers Day...Bio Dad

    

My biological father, I may never know...

      Thank you for giving me life

I forgive you for not being there for me

        but  I will never forget!

There will always be a void in my life in not knowing you, not seeing you, not being a part of your life....my heart is not whole and never will be...but yet I am content with how things are...one time in my life I thought about looking for you myself, but then I thought about being rejected and how I would not want to put myself through any more heartache than I have already gone through...in regards to you.

Somehow in my heart I still feel the need to honor you this Fathers Day..for giving me life...and yes I've even found that through the countless tears that have fallen from my eyes, and the countless times you cross my mind...i still have "love" inside my heart for you.... on this day..I hope if only for a second...that I cross your mind too!

        "Happy Fathers Day"

     

10 comments:

  1. hugs to you my friend... lots and lots of hugs
    d

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two dads also god bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very touching.  :o)

    Snagging the graphic.

    LORI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh Terri, it is probably best that you did not look for him, but you have a loving mom and extended family.  I do feel your torn feelings.  My heart goes out to you but there could be no finer girl than you have turned out to be.  I am honered that you let me call you my adopted , in a way, grandchild.  To me it was his loss not to get to know you.  HUGS< HUGS and more.  Granny Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can imagine how hard it is to not have the man that biologically gave you life in your life but after reading the previous entry I'm so glad you have enjoyed someone you considered a dad in your life.  I think every little girl, and older girl needs her daddy or someone that fills that bill.  Luv ya!

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally understand and relate to this entry Terry.... had to come right over when you stopped by my journal.  I still click on your name to find your journals and then click to get here on the journal title.... still AOL doesn't send me the alerts so I am very glad you keep stopping by and it reminds me to come over and catch up on things.  I never had my dad around growing up past age 9 and it was very hard and you are exactly right, there is a huge void there.  The only thing that fills it up is God's love and somehow He gave me the strength to go on in spite of the void there.  
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have alot in common...  I didn't know my biological father until I was 32 years old, and I wish sometimes I didn't know him.  Is that awful?  We should talk...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terri, I love you.  You have the most amazing heart and sense of yourself.
    Big hugs doll and lots of love~
    ~Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow.....that gave me chills....what a beatiful entry and what an amazing person you are to be able to say those things.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!