Sunday, June 29, 2008

Good Times....

     

Yesterday afternoon my BFF and I went to get our first spa pedicure together...it was awesome...it felt nice to be pampered...we will be doing it again thats for sure...I took a pic of my toesies...I will share it sometime this week...as long as you guys don't make fun of my second toes..cause they are as long as my big toes...always heard that means your the boss in the family...haha!  I say pampered, not only because someone else was taking care of my tootsies for me but also because it was my BFF treat...she paid for mine too =) Thank you Suzette!

After our pedi...we went to have lunch at Casa Martinez...my aunt gave me a discount card that is unlimited use...to save $5 every time we get two entrees and two drinks...every little bit counts! 

Jeff bought a few BBQ chickens they were selling in town yesterday..so thats a few meals we won't have to worry about...just make some baked beans or somethin to go with it....we ate some for lunch they were so good!

We got showers and headed out to my cousins birthday party around 5:30pm...the rain held off and it couldn't have been a better night...nice and cool with a good breeze and people sitting around the firepit...with good drinks and good conversation... I wish I had brought my camera but I forgot ...would have been some great pics too...cause there was dancing and hugging and just plain ol' goofyness..but i captured it all in my memory...I could never forget it...we all had a great time! 

I got to see my other cousins from out of town who live about 3 hours away...I don't get to see them often...it was so good to see them...we did alot of catching up and planning for a summer trip....

Jennifer,Andy, Jeremy,Holly,Josh, Joe and Connie ...Jeff and I all decided that in August hopefully we are all gonna go to Cumberland Lake and rent a pontoon or possibly a houseboat...depending on prices...we will be going down on a friday night about 2 and a half hours away and spending the night at Jeremy and Holly's house...we will be really close to the lake...and be able to get up on a saturday morning for some fun in the sun...and cherished memories with family!  My birthday is in August as well as Jeff's...so this will be a little birthday bash as well =)

We got home around 1:30am this morning...and believe or not I only drank 7...and drank them slowly...so this morning i was feeling... A~okay! 

We did manage to save the house cleaning for this morning....we got up around 9 did dishes, vaccum,dusted, made the bed, cleaned the stove and microwave...I got one load of clothes to do and everything will be completely done...I love a clean house....it just feels better!

My BFF and her girls came over this morning ..the girls wanted to see Beau...they want a puppy so bad...but their parents want to wait till Macie is a little older...she is only 2...and Baylee is 7....Beau does really well around kids and I am thankful...he gets a little hyper when they run and jump and scream and chase him...but he loves every minute of it..and gets so excited...it was so cute... Macie kept kissing Beau and laying her head on him and would say "I just love Beau"...hehe  Baylee has stayed the night several times and just loves to cuddle and spend time with Beau...she asked again today if she could stay the night sometime soon...I told her she could this summer sometime before school starts... Once Macie is fully potty trained i'm sure she will be staying the night too from time to time....

Jeff didn't get to mow the residential yards yesterday cause it looked like it was gonna come a big storm with some black clouds and thunder and lightening...but it eventually passed on over us...so he had to mow 5 yards this morning...he got done pretty quick...in less than 3 hours...at one of our neighbors house...he was mowing...and the kids started screaming...and Jeff turned around and saw their uncle running with them into the house...and Jeff saw a snake pop it's head up and slithering towards the swing where the kids were playing....Jeff said it was pretty good size....he took care of it...if ya know what i mean...ewwww!  I HATE snakes!!!! Thank the Lord they were outside with the little girls...or it could have been a terrible situation!

Anyways...I am just rambling...guess I will get off here awhile...I think we might head to the river awhile and watch some boats..

                             Until next time...

* Thanks to Donna @ This That and Hockey(Link in sidebar) for the adorable graphic!

 

 

15 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun last night.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have Flintstone feet too?
    I thought I was the only one, only kidding with ya.lol.
    Did jeff charge extra for snake wrangling, and did he make snake chili with rice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the snake didn't get to the kids and happy that you were pampered and fun at the party.  Have a good week.

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pedicures and manicures.  Wish I could be pampered like that a lot more often than I am.  Sounds like you have had a nice weekend and that plan for August sounds wonderful.  Have a happy week. : )

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad Jeff was able to take care of the snake before anyone may have gotten bite. They scare me too. Happy that Jen's birthday party turned out so well. I'm sure you all had a blast. A shame that Jeff couldn't have a few drinks too. It is really nice outside right now so I'm sure you're out there enjoying it.
    Love ya
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your week coming up.
    Missie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wahoooooooo.  A pedicure!  I bet you feet look all polished. :)  Sounds like you had a good time with your cousins.  Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    Ann~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you have been having some great times.....
    That is awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terri, sounds like you had a fun-filled weekend. The way weekends were meant to be! I'm ready for one, LOL! Glad you are having some good times with family, that is one of the treasures in life. But, you seem to always have some good times, LOL. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. First Terri, thank you for your encouragement yesterday.  Second I love your newsy entries.  I know when you work it is not always easy to post.  You talk just like you are rattling off to a friend and I think that is good.   Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Meant to mention I love your memorial to your Aunt Judy.  It is so neat.
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Terri, just thought I would stop by and introduce myself. I am a friend of Trent's. ((((( Hi ))))
    Wishing you an awesome day, Cath

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds like a great time with your cousins!  We want to rent a houseboat this summer, too.  I have no idea how much it is (probably expensive) but we will see!

    can't wait to see your toes.. love pedicures...however recently I have been doing my own to save money. sometimes I think I do a better job than the pedicure girl! LOL  It's still nice to be pampered though!!
    hugs
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you and your friend has a nice spa outing.  And how nice of her to pay!  It sounds like you've been having a good summer so far.  
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  15. had to LOL about the snake.  Pey would be chasing it down.  She catches snakes around here all the time, of course they're just garter and black snackes nothing poisonous.  The water snakes scare the bejeezus out of me.  EW.
    Glad Jeff took care of business ;)

    I'm catching up here for a few weeks so excuse the comment attack :)
    ~Bernie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!