Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hump Day!

Happy Hump Day Everyone!!!
So glad the week is halfway over...I work tomorrow then I am off friday..woowhooo! I have to work 4 hours saturday..but the REO concert is this weekend so I am stoked!
They have been working in our neighborhood over the last year , tearing up our streets and driveways in order to get everyone hooked up to sewer instead of having septic systems...because everyone in our neighborhood were having septic problems...it is expensive to hook up to sewer but in the end will be worth it..anyways...our driveway is asphalt..many in the neighborhood are concrete...when they tore part of our drive out last year they used asphalt when they re-done it...so within the last couple months they have been putting in new gutter/drains and new curbs on top of those...in doing this they had to tear out part of everyones drives again... well this time when they re-done it they used concrete on ours...so now our drive is partial asphalt...partial concrete...it doesn't look too pretty...and not only that but they couldn't even put the concrete flush with our old asphalt drive cause they said that the asphalt was crooked or not paved right or something like that(Jeff has been doing all the talking to them)...anyways..so now there is about an inch gap between the concrete and asphalt and about a 1/2 inch drop...it sucks! They said in order for the water to drain off our drive the way it is suppose to, they had to do the concrete like that..
We had been talking about getting a concrete drive for a couple years, actually a double drive(enough to park 4 cars on) if and when we can afford it. Cause one of us always has to park on the street with Jeff having to get the Lawn Care Trailer in and out of the garage all the time during mowing season...and it's a hassle!
So Jeff talked to the concrete guy about making a deal...them finishing out our drive with concrete and in turn Jeff would get them some new tires for their trucks...(Jeff could get them for his cost through the shop where he works) Concrete work isn't cheap, well what is these days..seriously! So the guy wants to do it...Yay! I honestly think that the county should be liable since it is "their" doings on all the drains/sewer and stuff going on in our neighborhood...it's not like we are the ones who poured our asphalt drive and done it wrong...it was poured years and years ago...and had they not had to tear out part of our drive ...all of this wouldn't be happening...but hell nothing in life is free...we will be paying for it with a smile on our face I suppose... It will be nice once it's done though...
Next summer we plan on finishing the other part of the drive...the same length as our drive now..making it a double drive....
Okay, I know ya'll are tired of hearing about my driveway problems by now...but I had to get these things off my chest...thanks for reading if you made it this far...haha!
OMG!!! I watched the scariest movie last night called "The Stranger" with Liv Tyler..it was awesome...I will be buying it...it kept me on the edge of my seat,heart beating fast..and biting my nails the whole way through...don't watch it alone..whatever you do! It is based as actual true events which makes it even more scary....
We got the movie "Iron Man" from Netflix today...I've heard from alot of people that it's really good...we will probably watch it tonight...
I guess I need to be getting off here and seeing what I can make for supper...Have a good night! Until next time.....
*This is my second time doing this entry....I am about ready to give up on graphics all together on blogger cause it's a big pain in the ass!!! I use Tinypic ...maybe i need to try photobucket or something but I hate to have to move all of my graphics...I keep my graphics in my documents so maybe i wouldn't have to...but anyways......I keep getting this when my entry is done and i try to publish my post....GRR!
Your HTML cannot be accepted: Closing tag has no matching opening tag:

8 comments:

  1. You should either use Picasa or photbucket for your tags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what it is like to have a septic tank . . . always a sewer system around here. I heard about that movie, haven't seen it, but I'm ready for a good scare, being Halloween time and all. Hope you have a happy Thursday. Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, ya can't do anything else but grin and bear it when things like that happen out of your control.
    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. try photobucket... don't move them unless you are going to use them :) It works like a charm and from what I hear doesn't use your blogger allotted space.
    hugs
    d
    PS have fun at the concert.. I have a wedding... whuuuuuu huuu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey hun!
    We watched "The Happening" Last night for our weekly dose of scary movie time...Have you seen that yet? Great movie!

    And as for septic...Our complex has a septic problem...but not in the buildings...OUTSIDE.
    The vent pipes are placed too close to the buildings so when the wind blows in the right direction...It smells like Poop outside. LOL...they are working on it i hear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy, sounds like a lot of work, time,and money for yucky old sewage, eh? LOL

    I hope it all works out for you though.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Photobucket is what I use & it's great. Have a great time at the concert.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!