
Happy New Year everyone!!!!
I planned on writing a "New Years" post on the 31st but Jeff finally decided to go to the Dr. after a month of feeling bad off and on...so that is how we spent our New Years Eve...at the Dr. and getting his meds... turns out he has a really bad contagious sinus infection...his nasal passages are blocked and swollen...the Dr. said he don't see how he can breathe....and he also has a kidney infection.... My poor babe is not feeling good at all! Please send good thoughts, vibes, prayers his way...Thanks!
After all of that, since we wasn't going to be bringing in the New Year...drinking a few cold ones...as we had planned...we decided to go out to eat at Cracker Barrel with the gift card his mom gave us for Christmas... that place was packed too! Jeff told me on the way home I could go on and drink if I wanted...but I'm more of a social drinker...it's no fun drinking alone...lol We came home....Jeff took his meds...and we lounged on the couch watching tv....no sooner than I curled up in a blanket...I was out...and I had at least planned to stay away to see the ball drop... ::sigh::
All I remember is Jeff waking me up at 11pm on the couch...telling me to go to bed...and as I walked down the hallway barely able to open my eyes I thought to myself "Do I want to stay awake just one hour to ring in the New Year"....and as I climbed into bed and my head hit the pillow...I got my answer.... Nahhhh! haha Damn am I getting old or what? Can't even live it up on New Years Eve anymore...lol If we had been out and about doing something that would be different....but lounging around the house makes me lazy and sleepy!
I only have one New Years Resolution...the same one I start every year...and in time....I always seem to fail....to lose weight.
Last year I did so well...was working out at work ...and enjoying it so much that we bought our own treadmill....I did really well and lost 18 lbs....but once spring/summer 08' got here...I started sinking into my old habits again...and little by little gained most of it back....
This weekend I will be cleaning off the treadmill....it has worked as a wonderful clothes hanger for quite some time..lol
Monday Jeff and I both are gonna start walking again....I am hoping to walk at least 3x a week...20 mins a day starting out....and hope to work myself up to 3x a week 40 mins a day....and so on.... I'm going to do what I did last year and eat my normal foods...but less of it...that really helped me...because in eating my normal foods I didn't feel deprived...but portion control is really what helped me keep off those unwanted pounds...and of course the walking helped tons...and I felt so much better!
So here's to a "Healthier" 2009!!!! *Cheers*
I have a new addiction I must confess.....
I've been a bad....bad girl!
Walgreens Photo Center...you are to blame! lmao
I'm one of those people who take tons and tons of pics...upload them on my computer and don't develop them...same with my 35mm rolls...I have about 20 needing to be developed! I am terrible people!
So about a month ago I thought I would check it out to see how much it would cost to get a few pics developed online from time to time...
Well whatdoyaknow...Walgreens was having a sale 10 cents a print...compared to 29 cents a print....
I've been thinking for awhile now that my computer will crash and die at any given moment...not sure why...just have that feeling....cause occasionally I will get that blue screen and it will say it has recovered from a serious error...but it always works like a charm afterwards...lol So in thinking my computer might go kaput soon....I think to myself how awful it would be if I lost all my precious pictures and memories I have stored on here over the years.... I wanted to get them all on cds myself to I would at least have them...and although my cousin says it is so easy....I have yet to get her to show me how...
So a month ago I made my first few orders....600-800 pics! Yeah....I bet Walgreens is lovin me...lol
I was so happy to have those pics in hand...going through each one...reliving the memories.....now I just have to get them all in photo albums ....and organized.
After Christmas...I thought I would go ahead and get those pics developed....well whatdoyaknow Walgreens is having another 10 cent sale....so last week I put in an order for 263 prints....8 of those being 5x7's...and also a photo cd...all for $38
The sale ends today...so this morning I thought I would get on and order the last of the Christmas pics I took and while they were having the 10 cent sale...some other random pics... I ordered 429 prints.... 4 of those being 5x7's and 2 photo cds because only 250 pics can fit on one cd....I spent $55 on that order....
I also made 2 photo collages...which are way cool...you can put 20 pics on one collage....you can choose the color border, add a title to it..etc... I ordered 2 (8x10) collages for $9 something
Someone pleaseeeee stop me!
The best part of it all...I don't even have to leave the house...it gets delivered right to my door....ahhhh...gotta love technology!
Okay....I think I am done rambling now...I need to go throw some clothes in the dryer and another load in the washer....my house is a mess from the holidays.... we did manage to take our tree down yesterday and get everything put away....
Wishing each and everyone of you the best for 2009!!!!
Until next time.....
*Thanks to Emmi for the graphic above
I hope Jeff gets to feeling better soon. I'm still on the weight loss wagon myself.. just need to get on the exercise wagon. Bah. I enjoy it once I start but just starting is the problem.. lol. Anywho.. enjoy your many, many, many pictures!!!
ReplyDeletei have lost close to 40lbs since i started running again on the poor man's treadmill.
ReplyDeletemy bike is currently my portable coat rack as it's too cold to go riding.
you can do it girl and you are right, portion control is the key and something i still battle with.
happy new year and i hope jeff's meds help. sinus problems SUCK.
xxalainaxx
cranberry juice for the kidney infection.
ReplyDeleteoh...you are a bad girl.. but I can't say that I am any better.. I used to work at a Photography place and still had rolls of film that I never had gotten developed. I am hoping your hubby is feeling better soon.. take care~
ReplyDeleteKelly~
I am glad Jeff went to the Dr. when he did. I really do not know how he stood the pain and discomfort of either the Kidney or sinus inf. He musy be one tough cookie!!! Sinuses are just to close to major organs. I hope he gets well quick. Drink a lot of water and juices of all kinds. I was hospitalized many years ago with a kidney infection I let go to long. Nothing to mess with. Listen to this old, new granny. Lucy
ReplyDeleteoh man terri I have lost so many pictures only because I couldnt afford to have them developed
ReplyDeleteI need to develop these ones on my computer before I have NO baby pictures of miss o at all!!!
hope jeff feels better soon
ps our treadmill is a clothes hanger too! LOL
Missy, PLEASE get your cousin to show you how to back up on cd...even tho you printed pix, you could lose those too...flood, etc. So cd back ups are wonderful and cds are so cheap now! I, too, started printing when my grandson was born. I printed over 300 and got from newborn to 4 months!! He is 4 yrs old now, heaven knows how many I haven't printed.
ReplyDeleteHope your husband is feeling better by now...24 hrs of meds work wonders!
Happy New Year and let's ALL get back on track with the weight loss.
Estela in South TX
Happy New Year! Wishing you the best for 2009! OMG @ you weren't kidding @ addiction! That's a lot of pics! LOL
ReplyDeleteXX
I rang in the new year in bed too ... sleeping! (Whatdidyathink I was talkin' about?! hehe)
ReplyDeleteAnd you said you slipped into your old habit in the summertime . . . it was those dang cntry BBQ cookouts. (Gosh, I miss those! Hurry up, summer!)
LORI
Hey girl, definitely need to learn how to back up! But let me tell you about an even CHEAPER place...snapfish! I'll send you an invite! They're ALWAYS, always, always 9 cents a print!!!! AND when you upload your pictures there, it's like a back up as well!!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear Jeff is so sick. Sinus infections are the worst. I suffer from at least 1 every single year.
ReplyDeleteYour gonna lose the weight this year, just have faith in yourself & stick to your plan. I'm gonna be right here with ya doing the same thing.
I hope Jeff feels better soon and that the infection hasn't been passed on to anyone else.
ReplyDeleteHaving an addiction of saving memories isn't a bad addiction. You'll treasure those pictures for years to come. I hope you're able to get all your pictures backed up just in case something does happen to your computer.
Wishing you luck with the weight loss and exercise. Hang in there and don't get discouraged.
Love ya
Mom
WOW, sure hope Jeff is better soon. BUT inthe crystal ball I see no help for you hahahaha! WOW dats a lot of pictures!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteShirl also says the exercise machine is a good clothes hanger. I should have read her comment I bet she says the same and also gets her exercise by moveing it around. hahahah!
Jack now i will go check.Nah, I am safe she is partying or shopping. BYE
Haha! You sound like me. I upload all the pictures I take throughout the year onto Snapfish and just place one enormous order per year. LOL
ReplyDeleteThis year, I'm going to have around 2000 pictures to develop. And God, do I have a lot of picture organizing to do. Aggghhh! Such a time-consuming chore.
I'm sorry Jeff is so sick. Poor fellow. Do they have him on several antibiotics? If so, you might want to have him take some probiotics to help his stomach. Antibiotics are great at wiping out the bad bacteria...but in the process, they wreak havoc on the good bacteria in your gut and wipe it out too. Probiotics simply replenish the good bacteria.
You can order them on-line and find them in most health food stores. But it's something I'd definitely consider. Antibiotics are what caused my downward spiral into heartburn, reflux, indigestion, and rosacea.
I hope he feels much better soon.
XOXO
Hey! I'm all about a healthier 2009! And in response to your comment on my blog...I freaking LOVE Chris Daughtry! In fact, I blogged about the new season of American Idol tonight! Have a great 09!
ReplyDeleteI hope Jeff gets to feeling better. No fun being sick (as I sit here with a sore throat myself wahhh! ) I loved your Christmas Pictures! There is nothing like family! :) I Love walgreens photo gallary. MY SIL introduced me to it and bam I was addicted. I use it all the time! I slept new years eve away but actually woke up at 11 pm just for new years and then back to bed I went. LOL I guess I am getting old too. I have the same resolution! Man, I so need to get this weight off. Yesterday, I dusted my Gazelle off and brought it into my office. Tomorrow I will start using it.
ReplyDeleteFEEL BETTER JEFF!!!!!!!!!! Happy New Year Terri. I quit smoking, so that's my wagon.. lol I can't lose weight and do that at the same time. it's hard..... losing weight is even HARDER so GOOD LUCK! I should get my treadmill down and out too..... lol HUGS OX
ReplyDeleteope Jeff's sinus problems resolve soon. It's not a nice thing to have. Get your pics printed off asap; the films won't improve for lying around.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year
Hoping Jeff is doing better.. so glad he finally went to the docs so they could treat the infections. Yeouzer that is a lot of pictures...
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year.. may it bring all good things
love ya
Terri, hope Jeff feels better fast !!!!!! Glad you got alot of your pictures made up., Hugs Lisa
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year! Me too... I am going to be healthy in 2009. I was really rundown and stressed in 07 and 08 and I can tell I am not fitting stuff and I look like I have been through a train wreck. I started walking the other day...it felt so good to be walking again... and so tomorrow is my next workout day and I have to be faithful. We will keep eachother encouraged. Terri please let me know when Walgreen's is running that sale again! You can imagine I have about 1500 photos of the kids and none developed. Digital is not the best thing for me and I too worry about losing them. I have been slowly transferring them to another website just in case but I am only 1/3rd of the way done. Yikes. Yay I am SO glad 2008 is done and 2009 is here!
ReplyDeleteLisa
I need to get my pictures together too. I have the same thoughts you do about my computer crashing. Nightmares in fact! I use walgreen's too. They are just up the street so I just have them printed at the store and pick them up.
ReplyDeleteSo happy that Jeff's feeling better.
Trish