Friday, February 13, 2009

Concerts,Wind Storm and Valentines



Aren't those the cutest heart shaped Valentines cakes?
My MIL made those for us and dropped them off tonight...


Box of chocolates and a card I got Jeff for V-day
The chocolates says: The Key to Enduring Love
Keep your mouth shut and bring home chocolate HA!
I just had to get it...thought it was hilarious....
The card says on the front "I want to grow old loving you"
The inside says:
There's nothing I would rather do than live my life in love with you....the fun that being with you brings, our memories made of little things, the talks we have, the jokes we share,the hugs , the kisses here and there.....


What better reason could there be....to ask you to grow old with me! Happy Valentines Day

I thought the card having the young kids and the chocolates having the older couple....with the card talking about growing old together.....I thought it all went together perfect!








I also picked him up some Lotto for Lovers scratch off tickets...thought they looked interesting and thought he would get a kick out of them....not sure what they say underneath.....not so sure I really want to know...HAHA!

He's already won my heart....what more does he need? :)~

We are suppose to go out tomorrow night somewhere nice for supper....I called Cheddars and thought maybe just maybe they would take reservations for V-day.....no such luck....

If it's too crazy and you have to wait 2 hours for a table somewhere....we will just have our Valentines dinner sunday somewhere or something....unless I can find a place to take reservations....

I got Nights in Rodanthe for us to watch....and also Fireproof....

Not sure what Jeff has in store for me...if anything....usually we just get one another a card and go out to eat....but this year I wanted to do a little something extra.....although it's not much....it came from my heart!

I don't expect anything....but I like to feel appreciated and get some extra lovins on Valentines Day ...it's the simple things that mean the most....

Tuesday I had a Dr's appt. for my 6 month check up for my blood pressure....it looked great....and last time I went my lab work came back looking good....so I didn't have to do that this time....and I have lost 12 pounds!!!! I was so excited about that

Anyways....we had a wind storm that day....it was crazy....wind gust of 73 mph....while at the Dr's a brick wall that is sorta like a breeze way too...old timey brick wall that you can see through as well...if you even know what I mean.... it caved in while I was there.... I heard the nurses *GASP* and say oh my goodness i've been here so and so many years and thats never happend....the wind was insane.... tractor trailers flipping etc....

This weather we've been having lately with the Ice Storm and Wind Storm....is gettin kinda freaky!

I'm going to a concert in May with my cousin and some of her friends....we are going to see Disturbed, Killswitch Engage, Lacuna Coil and Chaimera.... I sooooooooo cannot wait to see Disturbed....I LOVE them....I have heard of Killswitch Engage but aren't real familiar with them or the other 2 bands....but I have time to listen to them...and learn some songs to sing along to if I dig their music....but I will be there for Disturbed....when they play "Down with the sickness" ....it's gonna get crazy...wild and fun!!!!

For those that don't know....they are Rock bands.... :)

My BFF and I tried to get Taylor Swift/Kellie Pickler tickets today....the pre-sale sold out yesterday before I had access to a computer....and today they went on sale to the public at 10am....my BFF got off work at 11am....and tried to get them before noon....and they were sold out.....

SOLD OUT in 2 MINUTES!!!!! Is that insane or what?

Kids love her as much as they do Hannah Montana...seriously

I've seen both Taylor and Kellie before....but was mainly going to be with my BF and watch her daughter enjoy her first concert....she adores Taylor Swift..... maybe next year.....

Well....I think I say this in every entry I write lately...but I am behind on reading y'all again....like 3 days behind or more...

With tomorrow being Valentines Day I might not be on alot...which Jeff works till tomorrow afternoon....so I may get to catch up some....otherwise I will catch up little by little this week.....

Happy Valentines Day tomorrow everyone.....hug your sweetie and tell them you love them and just how much they mean to you :) and I hope you get the same in return....

Until next time....


























16 comments:

  1. It is so great to know a young couple in love. I enjoy reading how you both are in love. Lord, let it last forever, it can. It has for us. I loved the pictures, especially of the candy and the kids. This was great. Stay that way, Love deeply and forever. It is great to grow old together. I just told Sherry today as we rode. When we talk, I never think age, I just see YOU!
    Hang in there you have a good thing going. Remember in the hard times, YOU still have a good thing going. Love forever and happy Valentines day to you & that lucky guy!
    I have a special entry for tomorrow I will put it on early (if I don't forget). Love you!
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gifts you got for Jeff. I bet he will love them too. I know Valentine's Day is crazy and trying to get a reservation anywhere seems unthinkable.

    Hope you enjoy your Valentine's Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've seen killswitch and chimeria! be ready to mosh gurl!

    happy valentines day-- it was crazy windy here too, but not anywhere as bad as what you described.

    take care and enjoy your day tomorrow :D

    xxalainaxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you got Jeff and those cakes are so cute from your MIL. I hope you have a wonderful Valentines day with your sweety.
    Have fun at the concert! Too bad about the Taylor Swift tickets. I love her. I have her CD's in my car and listen to nothing else.
    She is so talented with her song writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 of my sons LOVE Disturbed. Like hardcore!! I don't care much for their music (but I think the lead singer is kinda hott. You know I like them bald men lol). But I'd go to a concert just so I could take them. That would make me mom of the year in their eyes. I am gonna go to their web site now to see if they're coming near us.

    Happy Valentines Day to you too Toots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son is going to see KillswitchingGadge and Disturbed...he is also going to see Avenge Seven Fold...bet you have a good time...been a while since I have been to a good concert..glad to find your blog...I have not updated mine in a while been busy and tired. Wishing you a great weekend Happy Valentines day! TerryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cakes are adorable!!! I want a piece, I woke up with a sweet tooth. HA
    I hope you have a great VDay with Jeff! I know you will, and the concert in May should def rock...come on MAY!!(that would mean I'd be almost done being pregnant. LOL)
    LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe the gifts are sweet. I know you'll get the lovin u deserve! have fun!! Cass

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really hauled in the goodies. I did ok to for an OLD LADY. Spunky even gave me a card and more candy. Glad you came out good with your Drs. Appt. Our weather has been freaky to Terri. We lucked out on the snow 4 to 5 inches but it is cold. Take care and tell your mom to give me a holler. Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the valentines you got there. Congratulations on losing your 12lbs. Sorry you couldn't get ticket for the TS/KP concert. Lile you said, "Next Time". Enjoy your weekend. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those cakes are so pretty! Your MIL sounds like such a gem.

    And I'm sure Jeff will love his gifts. :)

    I'm with ya about eating out on Valentine's...it's just not enjoyable at all. We haven't done it for years. We either go a few days early or a few days late. Or we order in which is a big deal for us anymore since we're both dieting. LOL

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cakes are adorable! Love what you got Jeff also. My BF and I celebrated last night and are going out to dinner tomorrow because of the crowds. He still can't take being in huge crowds since his open heart surgery. I got gold earrings and a necklace. Hey, wtg, girl on losing that weight! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those cakes are adorable!!!!! Sorry that the concert sold out : ( we saw Taylor Swift when she opened for Tim McGraw and Faith Hill...she was very good.
    Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. aww sounds like you both had a great Valentines! Let me know how Nights in Rodanthe is...haven't seen it yet but really want too.

    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!