Sunday, February 15, 2009

It's my Bloggerversary!!!



Bartender pour me a cold one...it's my Bloggerversary!!!

Who would have thought 4 years ago....when I was surfing the web and came across a little link that said "AOL Journals" that one little click....would change my life from there on out.....

For a month or so I was blog hopping... and was what you would call a lurker....reading but not yet commenting....wasn't really sure what to think about it all just yet...I just knew it was interesting and had captured my attention....

One day I got the nerve to start leaving comments...and started making friends along the way....I wish I could remember the first blog I came across...but I read so many even then...I can't remember...but I was addicted.

The friends I remember forming bonds with at first though..were Vernae, Stacy, Monica,Lori,Kelly,Gwen,Tricia and Cassie....to name a few....they welcomed me with open arms and made me feel comfortable....Thank you girls...it meant so very much....it was that warm welcome that gave me the courage to start my very own journal in Jland.....

Feb. 15th, 2005 I started my journal known as...

"You think you know, but you have no idea"

Starting out as the new kid on the block....in a community called Jland...was not easy....there was so much to learn to make your journal feel like "Your place"....how to add pictures, how to add videos....how to add graphics...the list goes on and on....with the help of so many of you....I started learning things and along the way....I decorated my journal to reflect what "I" was all about...

So many of you graphic designers shared your many talents with me....Donna, Chris, Sugar, Britt, Robyn, Emmi,Missie,Vernae,Stacy,Tricia....the list goes on and on....I cannot Thank you all enough for what you have done for me over the years....you have made my journal more appealing and made it feel like home to me....you've decorated the walls of my journal with your beautiful graphics....without asking anything in return.....that means more than you will ever know ...Thanks again ....I am glad to call each and everyone one of you friends!

I have made so many wonderful friends over the years....each and every one of you....have been such a special part of my life......y'all are my extended family....when good things happen in my life....I want to come here and share it with you....when I am sad and feeling blue....I want to come here so you all can pick me up....like you have so many times over the years....I know you are hear to listen to my achievements,goals,sorrows,whines...and yes even sometimes my cries....but you have never walked away from me....you have stood beside me...through thick and thin....good and bad times....

When my Aunt passed away in March 06'....I was having the hardest time in my life....I have ever endured...really even the 2 years prior....as Judy fought Breast Cancer with every ounce of her being....when she lost her battle....I came very close to closing my journal down.....until I came across my friends Riss, Kim and Trish's journals....they each were battling cancer as well....and were such an inspiration to me....little did they know as I was trying to pick them up...leaving words of encouragement.....they were really the ones picking me up in return.....with their kind words of encouragement as I grieved the loss of my Aunt....my sister by heart...one of my best friends!

Sadly Riss and Kim lost their battle as well....I believe we crossed paths in life for a reason....I believe my Aunt Judy had a hand in it herself....Riss became a sister to me across the miles....she lived in Canada....we shared many emails, IM's and even talked on the phone....we laughed till we cried.....were silly and shared many "girlie" talks....and cried to one another when we needed someone to just sit and listen to our thoughts, worries and fears.....one of my best friends ever!

I miss you Riss....she was gone one year on Jan. 27th

At the time no one in my family knew I had a journal....and I had no intentions of ever telling them....this was my little get away so to speak.....but I knew as much as I was grieving the loss of my Aunt....My mom was so much more....the loss of her baby sister....and I knew how much Riss, Kim and Trish were touching my life....and I wanted her to share in that as well....so I then told Mom about my journal and introduced her to the girls.... Mom was touched by the girls as well...and they too were an inspiration to her as well...she became "Mom" to Riss....and grew really close to her as well.... Mom had been bitten by the blog bug....she was addicted....lol

For months she started out like me....a lurker...I talked and talked to her about starting her own journal....but it was all too much to take in...she didn't think she could do it.... I had Faith in her and knew she could do it.....Mom has always had a way with words.....so little did she know on my visit to her house on Mothers Day 2008....that while I was trying to show her some things on the computer.... I started her , her very own journal....which she named "Boondocks, Flapdoodle and Beyond"......she was a little hesitant...but jumped in with both feet and made herself at home in Jland.... I was so glad that Mom and I both were journaling and sharing in such a wonderful community together..... I was saddened when AOL announced they were closing down journals.....I thought to myself "Oh No! I just got Mom here...I know she won't want to go through the trouble to migrate to blogger".....I was disappointed to say the least.....although she didn't migrate her journal....she did start a journal over here with us as well...with the same name.....I was so glad....Thanks Mom :)

When I migrated my journal over to blogger...they gave us the option to change our blog name....I jumped at the chance...because "You think you know, but you have no idea"....was really the first thing that popped in my head when I started my journal on AOL and I really didn't give much thought to it.....so I decided to name my blog....

"Memories and Sweet Serenity"

Memories....because this journal holds many....and Sweet Serenity....because each time I log on and open my journal....I feel such a peace come over me....when I read you all....and when I write my thoughts out....just a calm within....

So Thank you for sticking with me....Thank you for the many comments, emails you take the time to write me....but most of all Thank you for taking the time to read me.....getting to know me....and becoming my "Friends"....I love you all!

*Cheers* To many more years....my friends

13 comments:

  1. congratulations Terri, I think it has been about that long for me also but not sure. I met you through Your mom. Granny Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the milestone! I love the new title and how it came about, very fitting.

    cheers to many more years of journaling/blogging!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well thanks for staying on here in blogville.
    I think it has been 5 or 6 years for me now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, congratulations. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your Blogging. It is OK to
    have a wild side. I wasn't born this age and
    in my youngers years I had a good. I have settled down some. You go Girl....

    Shirl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blog b-day! I'm glad to have 'met' you in j-land!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Bloggersversary!

    I actually thought you'd been blogging even longer than 2005! LOL I thought you'd started back in 2003 with me! My memory must be faulty.

    Anyway...blogging is a wonderful thing in so many ways. And I think of everybody, you're enjoying it to it's fullest extent.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Bloggerversary!!!!

    That was a very touching entry!!!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Blogerversary Terri!! Can't believe its been 4 years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your blogoversary, Terri: here's to many more years on the Net!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Idon't know how I missed this one, with a bartender like that, ha!
    This was a great entry, Terri. Glad I dropped back to catch up! You too, have a way with words, comes natural I guess! Love ya!
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I guess I'm just a damn big cry baby sometimes. I cried when I read this yesterday and cried when I read it again today. Congrats and thanks for taking me along for the ride!

    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Bloggerversary! ;) I think mine is coming up too...or just past...not sure anymore. I know it was in Feb though. I'm glad to have met you through J-land too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!