Hey everyone....
Thought I would share the pics from the Ice/Snow storm from my neck of the woods....it's something I will never forget...thats for sure....
We had damage to our:
- Roof
- Air conditioner unit
- Grill
- Gutters
- Siding
Not sure what else....our insurance adjuster is suppose to be here next monday to assess the damage.....
Jeff and one of his coworkers cleaned up all of the mess yesterday....the big limb that fell on the house Jeff had already taken care of last Wed. because he wanted to get it off of the roof....talk about scaring me to death...Jeff up on the Ice/snow covered roof with a chainsaw....eeekkk everytime I heard the chainsaw shut off ...I listened for his footsteps across the roof making sure he was okay....not to mention the countless times going to check on him.....
Mom is still without power...she called last night and told us her neighbor had called their electric company and they told her it could be another 2-4 weeks....Crazy I tell ya!
I've told Mom time and time again to come on down here....they could stay with us...but like I said she is stubborn...lol
Thankfully it's been warmer this weekend in the 50's-60's...so that will make it a little easier on Mom and my stepdad....
I think Mom is going to bring all their laundry over this week and get that all done....at least I hope she does....they are welcome to anything in my house they need....
My MIL stayed with us from sat-thurs....we had a really good time....she said she saw some of her friends and they were glad when their power was restored because they had been staying with family and was getting on one anothers nerves I believe...lol She said something must be wrong with her...because she was having a good ol' time... :)
We did have fun ...we baked a cake, cupcakes....made some good suppers....and just enjoyed being together....the first night she stayed we were up till midnight watching The Real Housewives of Orange County....we are both hooked on it....lol
She called me at work thursday and told me her power was restored....I said are you sure you wanna go back home...I sure could get use to being spoiled with your cooking for us(of course I helped ...cause I wanted to watch and help out along the way....getting some cooking tips from her years of knowledge in the kitchen...Lord knows my cooking skills could use a touch up or some good pointers) We both laughed....
I told her to come back anytime...and stay the night "Just Because"....she said she would like to....
It was the cutest thing....Beau our chihuahua loves her to pieces....she spoils him rotten....the first night she stayed ...the next morning her bedroom door was closed....Jeff, Beau and I all got out of bed at the same time....and in the hallway there Beau was sitting outside her bedroom door waiting for her to come out.... Jeff said "Aww, whats the matter....you want your MaMaw".....haha It was soooo cute!
Talk about addiction or dedication not sure which...lol but I stayed up till 4am saturday morning trying to get all caught up on reading ya'll.....I still have a few to go but I did finally manage to catch up quite a bit....
I'm gonna get off here and go lounge around with my honey watching some tv....hard to believe the weekend is over!
Nite nite...Until next time.....




Holy cow! 2 to 4 more weeks before she gets her electric? That is COMPLETELY ridiculous. In this day and age, I don't care how much ice there was, the power should be restored more quickly. Your poor mom. :(
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you guys are alright and I hope the damage wasn't too extensive to your house.
We've missed you around here, girly! :)
XOXO
Sheesh, you really got a doozy, didn't you? I hope the insurance covers everything you possibly need. Your mom is still without power? Dang, I'd be going crazy. That just sucks. I really cannot wait until it's hot and sunny. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteGreat entry about tragedy. The slide show was great with the narrative also. It is great you guys were able to make the best of a bad time. Sounds like you did it.
ReplyDeleteHope the power at you mom's comes on soon, that is unreal. Glad no one was hurt, but the camage is bad enough. Hate limbs falling especially BIG ones. Rest.
Jack
That is REst and what ever!
ReplyDeleteJack
hope all goes well with the adjuster. that's crazy about your mom's power still being off!!!
ReplyDeletecool to hear you and mil had a good time. i hope to have a cool one like that someday :D
xxalainaxx
My electric bill would be 2 to 4 weeks late
ReplyDeleteHoly shit girl! Massive ice, i thought we got some! NKY got ice and more snow looks like the south got more ice :( sorry to see your poor dogwood down, glad u werent hurt, CASS
ReplyDeleteLooks like the worst is over for Kentucky now. I hope so. I am so glad that you and your MIL get along so well. Of course Beau needed grandma. You take care my girl and it is so good to have you back. Lucy
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel when the weather destroyed your favorite things. Hopefully the insurance and taxes will help. I don't remember if I post this infos. We had an Icestorm back in Oct.2006 and it was so scary that I can't even sleep. I don't remember having anything like that when I was little. How soon you can forget.Stay warm and thanks for showing the videos. Nancy
ReplyDeletehttp://vivalacass.blogspot.com/ sorry girl changed blog name please refollow
ReplyDeleteYou all have really been through a rough time.
ReplyDeleteIt helps to have people around you love to help
make a stressful time easier to deal with. Hope you will soon be back to normal. I missed reading your journal. Thank for sharing the pictures.
Shirl