Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Valentines Day....


I was off this weekend...but Jeff like always worked till noon and then went to do some clean up for someone from the Ice Storm....so he didn't get home till around 4pm....

We had talked about going out to dinner last night...but not being able to make reservations....fighting the crowds was not something we really wanted to do...so we decided to go out tonight instead...I think we are going to Cheddars....that is our Valentines gift to one another...of course I tossed in a few extras which I shared pics of yesterday....

I didn't get a card, flowers, jewelry or anything of that nature...what I got this year was so much more than money can buy.....to me anyways...like I said it's the simple things in life that mean the most to me....

I reserved the movie "Fireproof" for last night...knowing Jeff more than likely wouldn't be thrilled about watching it....because he is into sci-fi and well...men movies....not chick flicks, romantic movies, movies with meaning(lifetime)...drama etc.... so when I told him what movie I rented...I got the usual moan and groan as I told him the title...and that Kirk Cameron was in it... I told him I had heard it's a movie all married couples should watch that it had a great story line...and life lessons....

So we cuddled up on the couch and got ready to watch the movie....he was giving it a chance...and actually going to watch it with me....so I was excited!

It's a little slow at times...but the message in the movie.... "Wow" is all I can say.... it is so touching and gives you life lessons that we should hold dear to us...and keep fresh in our minds at all times....to Fireproof our marriages.....it is a Faith inspired movie that really makes you think....I love it and am going to buy it.

I cried like a baby a couple times....and looked over at Jeff and he had tears in his eyes....we both really liked it....

My Aunt Judy would have loved that movie....if she were still here I could have seen her wanting her and husband and Jeff and I to go see it at the movies....I found myself wanting to call her and talk to her about it when it was over...but I couldn't :(

She will be gone 3 years next month.... still doesn't seem real....

I am so glad that we watched it together, and that I chose Valentines Day to watch it on...it was perfect! I am even more glad that Jeff not only watched the movie but he "got" the message in it about marriage and was touched as much as I was by it....

Until next time....

16 comments:

  1. I'll check it out Debbie loves those movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you enjoyed your valentines day.. I too enjoyed mine.. did things together..that we usually don't get a chance to do.. nice having my hubby all to myself... although, I do miss my kids.. hugs to you. I will most definitely have to check out that movie..
    Kelly~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just told Doug we had to watch this. :)

    God knows we need something right now. ::sigh::
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Thanks for the nice comments, You are very sweet. So glad you had a great evening.
    YOu mentioned thinking about calling Aunt Judy. Isn't that strange, for just a moment you FORGET, youcan't. I say that about my Brother's in law that I lost in the last couple years. A couple times I said, Jim (or Dick) would like that I will give them a call. then you realize...
    But it is a sweet thought. So Glad you guys are in LOVE!
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet of your husband to watch it with you...my husband is the same way and like you said it means so much when they do it just for us!! So glad you had a nice night!!!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwwww...

    in the long run the little things become the memory makers that get us through the hard times....

    xxalainaxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. H A P P Y V A L E N T I N E!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comment on my blog but the snow was meant to show how heavy tit was coming down. NOT PRETTY. I can understand you not wanting to think of snow or ice. Spring can not come soon enough. Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe you should look into writing tag lines for movies?

    Now I want to see it....despite Kirk Cameron! (LOL)

    Glad you guys had a great V-Day.....we didn't do anything either.....too much crowd....and we didn't have a sitter anyway.....Took the kids to the movies to see Hotel For Dogs.....they laughed through the whole thing~

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's times such as these that make wonderful memories. Take care and enjoy the rest of your week,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad you have each other. To love someone one and they love you is wonderful.
    I had it at one time and now I have the memories. So never miss an opportunity to
    tell each other that you love them. Good entry
    Sweet Girl.

    Shirl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved this post! I made my husband sit down and watch this whole movie with me, and He complained for the first 20 minutes of it, then finally got into it with me...well kind of. It had such a great message. I think all couples should watch this...what a powerful movie!

    Glad you were able to watch it too!

    P.S. Are you enjoying AI yet? I'm not digging most of the finalists yet...I'm still pissed they disqualified Joanna Pacitti..she was my FAVE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My son tried to cut me off from my grandkids in Texas. Go look what I have on my blog, thanks to a loyal mom.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Regarding AI..

    I feel America got it right this week and picked the best out of the 12 that performed. Tatiana was such a basketcase, I'm so glad they kicked her off, and I wasn't digging anyone else really...just danny gokey and Alexis grace...they were outstanding! Can't wait for next week...You are my AI buddy in the blogosphere...no one else understands how into this we get...haha! And No, I haven't voted yet, I'll wait til the top 12 are announced and then I'll start voting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mum is the word. Can't wait to go shopping with
    you. We both love shoes and purses. We are
    going to have a blast. We may buy so much we
    will have to rent a U-haul to get it home.
    I will pick you up. Say When. hee hee heeeeeeee

    Shirl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now you make me want to go rent that movie. I'll see if Brandon wants to go rent it before he leaves next week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!