Well folks, by the grace of God we were spared alot of damage and injury once again during severe storms/tornado this November. Tuesday they let schools out early...were asking all the churches who could to open up for shelters etc...because there was a major storm coming with rotations...so they tried to get everyone prepared...I talked to my hubby till i was blue in the face to try to get him to get his work done and come home a lil' earlier if possible as he works for his brother and it wouldn't be a problem ~ but noooo he and his brother were listening to a station that is out of our area and they said our lil' town was in the clear ~ and Jeff and his bro thought so that is until they heard the damn tornado sirens goin off UGH! The weatherman on tv had said it looked like it may go around us..but not far and at the last minute it turned and came right towards our town...thats when i started flippin out...the sirens started and my tears started flowin...lol I called him and said I $#^$&*$ told you so...as i was bawlin my eyes out...haha....He said i know i know...we are closin the shop and leavin now ~ well ya picked a fine time don't cha think.... =)~ Men! Needless to say he made it home just in the nick of time...me and Beau(my doggie) was all huddled down in the hallway with all the bedroom doors closed , with blankets and my phones beside me...He felt bad and said he was sorry...i accepted but not before he got an a$$ chewin...hehe... I can't help it...I don't mind a storm but when they start hollarin tornado ~ I flip out...it scares me to death! One did end up touching down by the mall here in an open field thank goodness..and as soon as it did...it went back up...We are really blessed to have dodged the last couple tornados this month...Novembers weather has been really strange...one day it's warm...next day freezing...and storms and tornado warnings everytime ya turn around...i'll be glad when this month is over thats for sure!
I'm only gonna talk about this briefly as it is hard for me to do so...but my Aunt with cancer isn't doing so good at all ~ they have finally brought in a hospital bed for her to lay in ~ she cannot get up and down on her own...and is in alot of pain....She didn't want to get the hospital bed ..in the past she was determined she didn't need it...but yesterday she gave in...she rated her pain a 9...and her chemo just started monday...I'm not so sure what they will do...she is on a low dose of morphine to start out...so maybe they will increase that...I have never been through all of this before so i am really clueless...all i know is it is killin me to see her in this much pain...please keep her in your thoughts and prayers....I plan on going to see her soon
Hugss...
~Terri~
Terri, I am so glad you made it through the tornados once again! Was thinking about you and hope you guys were okay. Its so sad, all the destruction......all the homes. It really has been bad weather. I would of been freaking out myself! Im sorry to hear about your aunt. She is in my prayers. (((hugs)))) Ann
ReplyDeletehey Terry I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt. I know how this feels and you and your family will be in our prayers. The tornado thing freaks me out too. I have never been in one but everytime those sirens go off I panic.
ReplyDeleteAmy
http://avisionarydiva.blogspot.com
Oh my that sounds scary. Freaken men sometimes boy i'll tell ya LOL Glad he made it home in time.
ReplyDeleteSorry about your aunt I will keep her in my prayers
Hugs, Marina
you are all in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteglad you wethered the storm, I know this is crazy weather for november.
Missy
Glad to hear for you ... I was worried when I saw the forcast!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry about your aunt. I will keep her in my prayers. Hospice brought a hospital bed in for my Great Grandma yesterday. She smothers so bad when she lays down. She slept in it last night and today it's taken down and sitting out on the porch waiting for hospice to pick it back up!! She is 102 years old. Shes so set in her ways. Shes headstrong, thats for sure!
But I will definately keep your Aunt in my thoughts and prayers.
***Monica
I would have been kickin hubby's butt!! So So happy you are ok!
ReplyDeleteYour aunt is in my prayers, I am so sorry.
Terra
Yeah, last time hubby was home for a warning.. he was out on the porch looking for it while I was yelling at him and getting the kids into the tub!! LOL!!..This time we had a basement thankfully, so I managed with the kids as best I could..Had the matress hooked up on top of the ironing board and a chair and we made it a "fun" thing, playing under the "tent"..lol..(((HUGS))) Glad you guys are ok..:)
ReplyDeleteAnd my severe prayers to your aunt..I have never went through that with anyone either.. Im sure your taking it as best a spossible..
Jackie
OMG Terri, I'm so glad you were spared fromt he storm. Prayers for your aunt....I know how it feels to watch a loved one suffer first hand. It hurts. GBU, Shelly
ReplyDeleteWhen I heard yesterday on the news that there were tornados in KY and IN, I was thinking about you. I'm very, very happy you and your husband and Beau were alright.
ReplyDeleteAre there sirens everywhere around the area, or is there one HUGE one that is loud enough for the whole town to hear? I've always wondered that. LOL We don't have them down here (sirens).
I will pray for your aunt. I'm so sorry she's not doing well. I hate for anyone to have to deal with cancer. Life just isn't fair. ((((Terri)))) ~Melissa
Hey hun, I agree the weather is wicked this month! I'm sorry about you aunt :( I know it is very hard and scary, Lots of Love Cass
ReplyDeleteMen never listen GRRRRRR!!! LOL
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you are OK. Those things scare me. I freak out when they post warnings. The weather has been crazy this month, the other night it was 70 at midnight. The air was very warm, the winds kicked up, very creepy. Someone must be watching out for you, hopefully they continue to do so through more storms. Tell them there job aint done yet LOL.
I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt not doing well. It's tough watching someone you love go through so much. I went through it with my Grandmother. I miss her terribly. Although it isnt easy to talk about it does help. Hopefully you will lean on those you trust when you need to.
Keeping your aunt and you in my prayers.
~ Jenny
I will say a prayer and thank of your aunt often. Hugs ~B
ReplyDeleteSo glad you were spared from the storm, and I'll keep your family and your aunt in my prayers.....chris
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you were spared the major damage.
ReplyDeleteNJLB
http://journals.aol.com/njlittlebear/MyBigFatGeekLife
Hi Terri,
ReplyDeleteWow, how scarey about the tornado and being alone. I would have been bitching at my hubby also. I am glad you are all ok.
I am sorry about your aunt and the cancer/chemo and the pain. I know how har it is to watch a loved one suffer. My dad died of lung, liver, kidney cancer almost 8 years. It was horrible seeing him in so much pain and was a relief when he finally did pass. It is so hard and and conflicting emotions, you want them to live inspite of their pain but sometimes it is just better for them to let go. I am not sure about your aunts cancer if there is a chance of survival, I am assuming yes, since she is going through chemo. I hope and pray for you, your aunt and your family that she will be ok and that you all find the courage and strength to support eachother through this.
~Lorraine
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. That just makes me sad. I'll keep her and your family in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteAnd thank God you avoided any tornados! I'd be scared to death too. The weather here has been incredibly odd too....I'm just not sure what to think about all this.
Glad you're okay!
XO,
bridgett
((((((((HUGS)))))))))
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you are okay again
I will pray for you and your family
I love ya
Chelle
I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt, Terri. Just know I keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Love you so much. If you need to talk im here. Love, Krissy
ReplyDeleteHey Terri - BAD FRIEND BAD FRIEND! I am so so so sorry for neglecting Journals for so long sweety. How do stand me? LOL SO enraputred in MY life, well anyways THANK GOODNESS YOU ARE OK because I don't know what I would do if something bad happened to you. I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. HUGS OX
ReplyDeleteHey there you... I definatly know what you mean about tornados I live in ft. campbell ky for 11 years it was crazy the weather. I am so sorry about your auntie. Well hunny thanks for coming by my journal and take care Much luv Chris
ReplyDelete