
Good morning everyone...well afternoon really...but to me still feels like morning...I didn't roll outta bed till 10:15 am... just not feeling real good this morning...the last couple weeks I have felt I was trying to come down with something, but I suppose that flu shot is working...cause knock on wood it hasn't turned into a virus/flu....but this morning I am feeling all stopped up in my head...and a little congested....I'm gonna take some meds in a little bit and hope that helps...
Thursday afternoon/evening...we got together at the church reception hall with all of Jeff's family for Thanksgiving...it turned out great...there were around 40-50 people there and food galore....it was nice catching up with everyone we hadn't seen...some since last year at Christmas...we see immediate family often...but as far as all the aunts, uncles, cousins, grandkids, great grandkids etc....we see on major holidays more so....we really enjoyed it. My MIL and her sisters always get it together...we went around 4pm to help get everything set up....and left around 9pm after we helped clean everything up.
I was hoping to get a little Christmas shopping done this weekend...but don't know if that will happen or not....and also can't wait to get all of my decorations set out...although right now I don't have the energy to...but will soon....the sooner the better for me...Christmas is my most favorite time of year...I love it!!!
Speaking of shopping...yesterday being black friday...I was so thankful to not be out in all the mess when I heard on the radio about 2 people being assaulted at Walmart in the tri-state and surrounding areas....one woman was hit in the face by a man for getting the last Xbox 360... C'mon people is it really worth going to jail over...and for that matter physically hurting someones mother, aunt, sister or grandmother ...that is just sick! Even more sad is the man in NY who lost his life...from being trampled over when he opened the doors at yet another Walmart....my thoughts and prayers go out to his family....he was only doing his job and lost his life because of crazy shoppers wanting to save a buck....it's just terrible!
I guess I am gonna go lay down and watch a movie and relax...it's suppose to rain later...changing to sleet and possibly some snow this weekend....so sounds like a good weekend to relax inside all bundled up in a blankie to me!
Have a good weekend everyone....
Until next time....
*Thanks to Sugar for my cute graphic!
That whole Black Friday makes me both sad and angry. What is WRONG with some people?!?!?! Geez.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a holiday full of love and good grub (hey, that I'm a poet and didn't know it *duh* LOL) And hope you are feeing better by the time you read this.
LORI
LOVE YOUR ICON BANNER.
Isn't crazy what was happening on Black Friday? I think Black Friday might have a new meaning. I didn't go out ... have no desire to join those masses of crazy folks!
ReplyDeleteHope your feeling better soon.
Monica
I betcha they had some good pies on the table?
ReplyDeleteHappy belated Thanksgiving. Love your blog :)
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Gretchen
Aw get well fast sweetie!
ReplyDeletemy juni and mariko were up at 4 to hit the shops! they are crazy. i went out that evening because i had too but it was normal by then.
the kids dad works at walmart. his was hectic but not to where someone got hurt or lkilled.
its saturday and i am still not tired of turkey or ham! lol
besides that one chili dog i had while out and about all i have been eating is leftovers! lol
o.k get well soon !
Hoping your feeling better after some rest. I went out in that mess but did survive. Happy to hear you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Take care of you - Enjoy the rest of your weekend,
ReplyDeleteKatie
WOW, I know there was more good food.
ReplyDeleteSorry you are a little out of sorts physically.
YOu are right, what is it that makes some wild or out of character at a sale?
TAke care and get better soon! Christmas shopping to do!
Jack
Glad you had a good time with all the family.
ReplyDeleteGood memories. Get well and get to shopping you
don't want all the bargins to snatched up.
Shirl
And that is why I do not leave my house on Black Friday. Lol!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had fun with your family.
Lookin' like Christmas in here, lol. No way I'd get out in that mess with a bunch of people pushing and shoving. Those so called bargains aren't worth hurting someone or being hurt.
ReplyDeleteLove ya
Mom
Hey there, you are so christmasy. I like it. A little hard to read at first but then you start getting it beter. Lucy
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, girl, your header is totally awesome. I love it! So many people are sick and can't seem to get rid of it. Hope you are feeling better.
ReplyDeleteDang, I couldn't believe that Walmart incident. People act worse than animals. I also heard a guy shot someone over a toy at Toys R Us. I mena, cmon.....Hang in there and love ya!
I see your blog is all ready for Christmas. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving, I did too. That stuff that happens on black Friday is so disheartening. People getting attacked, trampled, and killed. So very sad that so many people have to live their lives in an angry way. I hope you will have more energy soon. Have a happy Sunday. Luv ya!
ReplyDeleteI was so sickened when I heard about the man who died as the result of frenzied shoppers. That's just WRONG.
ReplyDeleteWhatever present they were in such a hurry to get will be ripped open and promptly forgotten...yet this poor man (who was about our age), lost his life. HIS LIFE.
People are psycho. That's exactly why I don't shop on Black Friday. I just don't have it in me to deal with people like that.
And I also have to tell you this in case you didn't know...flu shots have enough mercury in them to cause toxicity in a 550 pound person.
Just something to think about.
And if you're interested, I can tell you other ways to prevent and treat flu rather than those icky, dangerous shots. :)
XOXO