Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving dinner @ home 11/26



Thanksgiving Dinner 2008

Dishes washed...table cleaned


Our Thanksgiving dinner last night turned out well...I got all nervous and stressed for nothing...as soon as my MIL came in the door she said "It smells so good in here"...that put me at ease a little and when we sat down to eat..everyone got their belly stuffed and seemed satisfied....my MIL said my ham was the best she had eaten...and she is going to try to cook hers in the crockpot now...it was so tender and juicy.
I tried to keep my dishes washed as I was cooking yesterday, that helped keep the mess down...I sooo need a dishwasher. Between cooking and cleaning yesterday..and an occasional run to the computer to read a few entries here and there...I did manage to get my shower..but as far as getting all dolled up for dinner it just didn't happen..haha No makeup, hair in a clippy and some lounge clothes on is how I came to the dinner table...and I was so comfy :)
This morning I got up at 8am....Jeff had a service call...It didn't really bother him since our Thanksgiving dinner with his family isn't until 4pm...just have to look at it as another blessing...as he will be making quite a bit of $ on that call...I'm just lounging around..catching up on some journals and listening to my Ipod on my Ipod dock...I love that thing, great invention...it charges your Ipod and you can listen to your Ipod too..it even has a little remote...I got that for 5yrs of service at the hospital...you could choose from several gifts..and I chose that, I will be there 7yrs in July....time does fly..but it doesn't feel like it while your actually working...seems as though time stands still.
I'm gonna call my mama(well she just popped online..haha) so I will tell her Happy Thanksgiving by IM :) I need to call my grandad and my Aunt Linda..to tell them Happy Thanksgiving as well...
Hope each of you enjoy your day with family and friends...cherish the memories!
Happy Thanksgiving in Heaven Grandma and Judy
Wish you were here...






19 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! Your meal looks yummy! Glad the ham turned out nice and juicy and that D was able to come.
    Love ya
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a nice Thanksgiving day today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thansgiving Terri! I really think your place mats are cute. Have a happy black friday as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yowza, girl! I sure do wish I lived near you because you would be my new tradition, for sure. Your food looks out of this world good! Love you so much and hope you also have a wonderful day today. LOL..I thought I was the only one on the planet without a diswasher...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you decorated your blog for Thanksgiving and your place/table it all looks so inviting and nice.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. I certainly agree with allthe comments above. and isn't it great when things come off smooth that you have been concerned about. I love to hear a good story with a happy ending. I know this afternoon will be the same.
    Happy and blessed Thanksgiving to you and yours!
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a beautiful table to set down and eat some grub! Great job!

    LORI

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a beautiful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sure looks yummie. So I am a bit late but Happy Thanksgiving or Happy black friday? Hehe I am finally feeling better and trying to play catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seems like your Holiday came off great. Ours wasn't so bad either. Nothing a few glasses of wine didn't help LMAO. Anyhow your dinner looked great and sounded comfortable. HUGS XOOX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Thanksgiving hun!

    Isn't it amazing that we do all this cooking for like 15 minutes of eating!! LOL!
    Looks Delish hun!

    ((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
  13. You do set a lovely table Terri!
    I too wore the same dress with spilled flour and smelling of spilled cloves and cinnamon to the dinner table.lol
    I had 2 dishwashers , david and autumn, lol
    very nice entry my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy to hear all turned out well and everyone enjoyed themselves. Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  15. All the food looked yummy! I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your dinner look fantastic, girl!
    And I LOVE your table dressings.

    So glad everything turned out well. :)

    XXOO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!