

My cousin Justin's graduation pics (Navy) August 1, 2008
Last night we all gathered at my uncle and aunts house(Justin's parents) to see him off and send him our best wishes as he leaves for Japan on Wed. We all had a great time roasting weenies, singing karaoke and spending time together as a family...some of Justins friends were there as well...
Justins mom and I sang most of the afternoon....we both love to sing...I'm not good at it, but sure have fun doing it..haha! As the sun set...some others had a bit of liquid courage and began to sing with us too...LOL My Uncles of course had to sing Hound Dog, Wild Thang...and their most requested "Man I feel like a woman"...we laughed so hard we about cried .... The rest of the family who were still there on into the night all gathered to sing "We are family"... I took video of it but sadly my memory card was full and only recorded half of it..and what it did record the audio is kinda messed up...
I did take some pics to share..and plan on putting them on here sometime this week...My best friend and her 2 girls came over, they are my uncle and aunts neighbors....and I ended up bringing her oldest home to stay the night with me....she will be 8yrs old on the 11th....she kept me company while Jeff was away on his camping trip....
Jeff called me twice yesterday...once in the morning and once in the afternoon...he said he tried to call me later in the evening but his phone wasn't getting reception....out in the woods very good.... and truth be known he wasn't in any shape to call me in the evening because he had drank too much and ended up getting sick :::giggle::: I know he don't think it is funny, but i do....boys will be boys....LOL He drank his regular Coors Light....but what made him sick I believe was a couple shots of whiskey....Jeff doesn't like whiskey....I said why did ya take a couple shots of that, you always said you hate it....he had no answer for that really....just a sick look on his face this morning as he had a hell of a hangover...poor thang... NOT! Been there, done that and he usually don't feel sorry for me....haha! They had a great time though...and so did I on our weekend away from each other....sometimes I think we need time with our friends ...helps to bring back memories of the "Good ol' days" and also to make new memories with old friends.....
The weather this weekend has been BEAUTIFUL! Highs being in the 70's.....people wearing shorts in November...who would've thunk it!
I will write more when I get time and post pics...but for now...I'm gonna go catch up and spend some time with my honey.....
Until next time.....

God Bless our soldiers one and All!
ReplyDeleteYour cousin looks so handsome in his uniform. It sounds like you all had the best time ever. You all must be so proud of him. LOL at Jeff and the whiskey. Boys will be boys. Be you'll be glad to have him home again. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteI can tell he is fresh from basic! That's how my boys looked too. They look so handsome don't they.
ReplyDeleteMonica
My brother was in the Navy and loved it. I hope he loves it as well.
ReplyDeleteGood luck to your cousin! How long will he be in Japan?
ReplyDeleteDoug was drinking Coors Light last night. Bleck. Give me tomato beer anyday. LOL
Glad you guys had a good weekend!
XOXO
Good entry, leave Jeff alone, you think he done that on purpose? No something just made him do it!!!!
ReplyDeleteWorth the pixels spent to put a SAILOR, A SQUID, A SWABBIE on the blog. LOOKS Great. I love it.
Ain't nothing like a sailor home from the sea, or going to sea.
Jack
i love a party where people sing like that. i myself am a confessed car karaoke singer, a dashboard tapping, steering wheel thumping rawwwwwk star!!!
ReplyDeleteso if you see a crazy looking chick in a honda...it could be me.
sounds like you had more fun then jeff too...make him some eggs and hot sauce, that ought to cure him!
xxalainaxx
Congratulations Justin!
ReplyDeleteGod Bless you and your soldier. Take care,
ReplyDeleteKatie
Well ya know I wouldn't have gotten up there to sing without some liquid courage, lmao! It was a fun family get-together but it was sad too and the pictures really make it more of the reality it is. Speaking of pictures please, please, please, don't put the ones of me on here from Saturday night.
ReplyDeleteLove ya
Mom
Jeff drank whiskey cause his friends called him a big pansy if he didn't......LOL
ReplyDeleteGuys are so ridiculous ( I say laughing)...
I'm glad ya'll had a great weather and fun for the going away party! Our nephew just came back from Japan...and is headed to the middle east.
Can't wait to see the pics...and you should upload the video ANY OLD WAYS!
Congratulations to your cousin Justin. You all must be so proud. :)
ReplyDeleteYour page does not like me. It gives me a haRD TIME,WHEN i COMMENT. I was trying to show it who is boss.
ReplyDeleteCongrats Justin!
ReplyDeleteI loved the video you used to have of your uncles singing "I feel like a woman" on your old blog... Too bad you didn't video them this time. LOL
I just found your blog (by accident I might add). I'm following it now though. I've missed ya!
***Monica