Sunday, January 4, 2009

I fought my closet and the closet won...

I woke up around 7:30 this morning and went straight to my closet and started going through things...sorting into piles...things I want to keep, things I want to get rid of, summer clothes...winter clothes etc... It took me till 8:30am just to get through one side of my closet...and thats just going through the clothes....

Jeff said he would run to Walmart and get some storage totes to put things in...he is feeling a little better...Thanks for everyones well wishes....

So he came back, said it was slim pickins when it came to storage totes...I told him to check the lawn and garden area where they had all the Christmas totes last week..cause they had some big ones.... he said they were pretty much sold out...had one big one left with no lid.... He found three 95 quart totes...that was all they had in that size....so he got those for now.

One is his....two are mine...and I will probably need more....

Girls have alot of stuff ya know :)

I told him while he was gone to Walmart I was gonna take a little break and play on my blog...get my Valentines Header up and create a new playlist....well my little break ended around 3pm.... HaHa! I could have got alot more accomplished if this computer of mine hadn't had called my name...but I am happy with what I did get accomplished....cause it is something I have been putting off for quite some time....

3pm...I started tackling the other side of my closet...by 4:30 I was done with that side...now all I need to do is the shelf in my closet and everything thats on the floor...shoes, purses etc....

One of my resolutions besides getting healthier in 2009 is to get more organized...closets, cabinets, photo albums etc... To have everything in storage totes, bins etc...and labeled if needed....

I'm suppose to start walking on my treadmill tomorrow...and I haven't got it cleaned off yet....but I will...this organizing my closet will probably be an all week project....cause I want to have it nice and neat and try to keep it that way....

I might take a pic when I am finished....if I think about it

I'm gonna catch up a little with you all and call it a night!

Until next time....

21 comments:

  1. When your closet is done can you come organize mine? LOL

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see a pic of it when you're done. I'm terrible at organizing and keeping it that way. LOL at your computer calling me. Mine seems to do that too. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri, I need to tackle my own closet, Hugs Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. i *heart* the new header. i saw tons of totes at target when i was there the other night- they were in the women's clothing department-- i wonder why??

    xxalainaxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness we have to go shopping to replace
    what you are giving away. I have 5 bags full
    to go to the Clothes Closet. Let me know and
    and I will get ready to go shopping. Are we
    going through our shoes and purses. Lets take
    it easy on some things. We may need to pray
    about this, lets don't get to gun-ho.

    Shirl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you need to take a pic of all your purses (before you weed them out). You could have a contest on your blog to have ppl guess how many you have then see which one of us comes closest. LOL... I bet you have TONS and we'd be surprised to see the pics. :)

    I plan on getting my house organized when I finally quit work. I will try to take pics along the way and post them so all my readers (all 7 of y'all lol) can see my progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to sift thru my closet too........ another day tho.. 'les you want to do it???? Hmmm?
    love ya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since it seems your having so much fun cleaning out yours would you be interested in cleaning out mine as well? It really needs it but my computer calls my name way to often for that to happen. =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. You need a 32 gallon container they sell them at the hardware store under the name of rubbermaid trash cans. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! Pictures. We want pictures! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terri you are a wise youg lady. Not only about closets but feelings. You have been around long enough to know how every year I go through this. Thank you for understanding. He is my son and I love him. I hope you didn't stick Beau in one of those totes. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm enjoying reading the comments, lol. I wish I had your closet space. I'd be in heaven with that much storage space. My computer calls my name too much!
    Love ya
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ain't never saw a woman attack a closet and win. They end up being very good friends, no enemies to destroy.
    LOL great entry.
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I tackled my whole house this past weekend and I made sure I won! Hoping you get everything where you want it. Take care and enjoy,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I vow every year that I will become more organized...LOL.. never works out that way. I am probably the most organized...disorganized person you'll meet.. if that makes any sense...LOL... I have a system... I know where things are.. just a matter of remembering where they are...LMAO..
    I am glad you were able to sort everything out... Kelly~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Terri! I love all of your new year resolutions! Your closet looks beautiful! LOL I guess we were both in journal land for a while today.... so glad Jeff was able to find a few more storage bins. I am going to get more organized in my office this year. I definitely plan to use my treadmill more now that the custody battle is over... but I think today my workout was mopping the kitchen floor and hallway and bathroom. Ugh. Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  17. PS I love your new header! It's amazing!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  18. ok i may just have to do my closet before school starts on monday

    i swear i have to do it once a season or things start doing the dominoes effect in there.

    miss o helps herself to the clothes
    :(

    lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you Terri. You and your mom are ALWAYS THERE FOR ME. I can not tell you how much I appreciate it. I will never give up on him but must get on with feeling better at least on the surface. I hate it when it spills out. Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have some many areas that need organized, I have trouble knowing where to start! YOU CAN DO IT!

    And ohhh, you've been photo tagged, girlie!

    http://mylivinpartoflife-cntrymomma.blogspot.com/2009/01/ive-been-photo-tagged.html#links

    LORI

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like you got a good start on your closet.
    Good luck with that..lol.
    I look in mine, close the door and walk away..lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!