Last night we got a little snow and alot of ice!
We were expected to get 3-5 inches of snow last night...along with ice...we ended up getting maybe an inch or more of snow and alot of freezing rain, sleet...ice....tonight we are expected to get 3-5 inches of snow and more freezing rain, sleet....ice
As you can see my poor Dogwood tree is really takin a beatin...back in the summer we had a really bad storm do a number on it...and we had to cut some branches completely off of it and feared losing it...after all this ice...it may not make it....I love that old tree...it brings my front yard life in the spring with it's beautiful blooms :( I also took a pic of our other tree in the front yard, as well as my Expedition so you could see what it looks like around here.... I would have taken more pics...but it is raining out right now....which will all turn into more ice! The last pic in the slideshow is part of one of my bushes out in the front landscaping....I thought it looked really cool with the ice on it....
Many in surrounding counties have lost power since this morning....some areas were declared a State of Emergency....I have a feeling if it gets as bad as they say tonight...we might be right along with them.... I just hope and pray we don't lose our power.....I told Mom I can't lose power ...tonight and tomorrow night is American Idol....HA! She said "I think there are more important things than AI, Terri...lol" I said yeah I know....we need our heat....but AI runs a close 2nd.... :)~
My Uncle lives about 3 hours from here, just wondering how much they got....he is the only one in my family besides my mom that knows about my blog....so if your reading this Uncle Jeff....shoot me an email and let me know how it is up there!
Jeff took me into work this morning, I don't drive in this stuff...I am a big ol' chicken shit and not afraid to admit it...lol More than likely he will be taking me tomorrow too...maybe even thursday.....by friday it might be clear enough for me to drive....we shall see.....
We didn't really do much over the weekend....went out to eat at Cheddars and went to the grocery store....that was the highlight of our weekend....lol how sad is that?
Grocery Rant: This may bore you....
We knew the winter storm was coming so I wanted to go to Kroger sunday so we wouldn't have to get out in the mess monday night as people scrambled around to get their groceries and stock up...I knew it would be a mad house if we waited....even sunday night it was packed.... spent $123 and really didn't get a whole lot... everything and I mean everything has gone up... for example you use to be able to get French's mustard for like .89 a bottle...now it was on "sale" for 2 for $3 What a rip off..... and soft drinks....you would think we were drinking liquid gold the price we pay for that crap.... I got 3 (6pk) 24oz bottles for $12!!!! Kroger had 12pk Pepsi products on sale for $2.89 or somethin like that but you could only get them for that price if you bought 10 items that were all on the "special" sale....whatever I don't think it saved you much if anything after buying all that other stuff....
I've started clipping coupons again...it's helping to save some...I just wish they put more coupons in the sunday paper....
Okay....now that I got that little rant off my chest :)
I'm soooo behind on reading you all it's not funny....I'm gonna try to catch up a little now...until my AI comes on...I will be totally caught up by the weekend hopefully....
Stay warm and drive careful out there if there is bad weather in your neck of the woods....I'm gonna try to get some more pictures tomorrow after we get this next bunch of snow and ice tonight.....if we get enough snow ....Jeff and I might try out our new sleds we bought a couple years ago....
WWWWWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)
Until next time.....



I agree with the prices! They are ridiculous lately!
ReplyDelete3 to 6 inches here in northeastern pa for tomorrow
ReplyDeleteWer'e supposed to get 4 to 6 inches tonight with freezing rains. Lovely.
ReplyDeleteWe already have about 3 inches of snow already.
And you're right...groceries have gone up. It's awful. :(
Stay safe!
3-5 tonight and maybe more tomorrow. we are on the boundary for the winter storm warning so it's anyone's guess. i don't blame you for not wanting to drive int it, i am 'good' at it but that doesn't mean its 'fun' to do.
ReplyDeletehope you get to watch! i hope they get all the peeps without power up and runnin' again because of the cold.
xxalainaxx
ps i hate kroger too. i only buy stuff there when it is on sale.
We're getting that nasty ice tonight.
ReplyDeleteWe had some freezing rain earlier in the day and since about 7pm it's been sleeting pretty constantly. Brandon's flag was frozen like it was flying. HAHA. I hear it clanking against the pole every once in a while.
We are getting alot of snow here in Buffalo, NY. and I don't have to go to school tonight. Hurray! Sorry about the trees incidents. You got some really good pictures there in slideshow. Take care and stay warm.Nancy
ReplyDeleteYes I am way behind in journal reading too. I find the system for reading entries here at blogger is more difficult than ever for me to keep up. Plus keeping up with daily life being so busy these days... Nick has had me running all over every weekend for wrestling tournaments but you will be proud to know he is seeded to take third place at the state level for middle school wrestling this coming weekend. Terri I am so proud of him and so excited and so so so glad his dad did not get custody. I still have my baby. I go to these wrestling matches every weekend and they last most of all day Saturday and my Nick is like one of the best ones on the team. He is making us proud. I hope he has a fun time at the state competition though but I know he will be stressed. He is the type that will be really upset if he does not take a place in the top three. He took third at regionals and I think he really had a good chance at second or first but it just did not work out for him. At a county invitational a few weeks back he took first!! I was beaming with joy. But he broke the other kid's arm unintentionally and that part is so scary. The thought of him getting hurt drives me crazy. But it is good for his attitude. He is doing better that way around the house. He knows I will take wrestling away if he does not keep his grades up and keep a good attitude. So he has straightened out a LOT! The trees we have lost over here are in the hundreds I am sure and it is so sad all the damages to our beautiful Kentucky countryside. I love this state and have fallen in love with KY in the two years we have been here. Seems like longer than that all ready. Getting out of Florida, well, it's like coming home since we're from Ohio. Did you see the Superbowl? Way to Go Steelers!
ReplyDeleteLisa