Monday, October 10, 2005

My weekend....

Hey everyone...How was ur weekend..?

Mine was great...=)

Friday night we didn't do much of anything, in fact Jeff and I both went to bed @ 8:30....we must have been really exhausted..lol

Saturday...I got up, got ready and went on an all day shopping spree...alone hehe  I had so much FUN !  Let's see first I went to Fashion Bug...my only reason for going was to find a nice shirt to wear to the concert..well I ended up buying me a winter coat..reg. $79.99...for $55...it is so cute...it's a khaki color corduroy(sp?) one with the wool lookin stuff i call it...lol  on the inside and some on the outside of it...2 sweaters..and 2 shirts..and of course i had to buy a purse...I am a purse fanatic...lol  Then I met a couple friends at O' Charlies for lunch...then i headed over to Cato's...man do i love that place...I bought me 2 more shirts there..and a bunch of apple decor for my kitchen...i had been looking for stuff for my kitchen for some time now...but wanted to find exactly what i wanted...didn't want to just settle for something just to fill the empty wall space....I will hafta take pics of all my bargains to show ya'll =)

Then i went to Factory card outlet...and bought lots and lots of decorations for the surprise 50th Birthday Party I am throwing my mom on Wed. ~ Her bday is thursday ~ but I couldn't think of how or when i could throw something together for her...since she is gone alot...at my aunts house taking care of her laundry and things..sometimes she don't get home till late ~ so my aunt ok'ed it and said i could just have it at her house ~ since my mom and many of my family members gather there off and on during the week anyways...so i am taking a vacation day Wed. to give her a party..hehe I am so excited...I have never done anything like this for my mom before ~ I just wish everyone could attend...but several family members will be there...including my uncle who is home on vacation from out of town ..~ Some of the decorations i bought for the party is some Over the Hill caution tape...haha...a big sign that says 50..and a big one that says Over the Hill...I bought her a hat to wear that says "oh no the big 5 0"....hehe..and a black beaded necklace with a headstone that says...Over the hill...too pooped to party...LMAO  Not to mention a giant bib...that says all kinds of things on it..like...place false teeth here, use this cane for walking..dribble here...just smart remarks like that...lol  and my favorite thing of all...I got her a wine glass that has a sippy cup lid on it...that says..No drip just sip...Ol' Whineys Wine Glass..and has a saying about old age on it....oh my mom is gonna kill me...hehehehe...I might post some pics of the decorations and things...i wish i could post pics of my family...but they are anal about not wanting pics online....they are still leary of me talking to people i don't know online..<<gasp>>...it's so dangerous...they say....lol   I keep telling them...I know how to block someone if i get any kind of feelin they are a freak...ya know anyways....

So i came home and got ready for the concert....WOOOOWHOOOOO did i have a great time ~ Not only was Andy Griggs awesome...Not only was his Steel Guitar player FINE as hell..<<giggle>>...but i got to meet a near and dear friend from online that i have known for 4 or 5 yrs...although we didn't get to talk much before the concert...it was so great meeting her...and being able to put a face with all those 1,000's of convos we have had...hehe...and i also got to take one of my bestest friends to the concert to celebrate her bday early...it's in Nov. but this was my gift to her =)  Andy Griggs sang...all of his hit songs plus...the theme song from Dukes of Hazzard...hehe and also he sang one of my all time fav's..."I can only imagine"...and for his encore song...get this... He sang...

CINDERELLA'S "Gypsy Road"...omg...me and Pam was up on our feet ..clappin and singing and screamin...actin a fool...lol  We made our way right up front...sorry to say my best pics were takin with my 35mm camera...my digital camera was being stupid that night...i think it's cause i bought some lame ass batteries <sigh>....hope you enjoy the pics..thats the best i could do...most turned out blurry...these are the only ones i saved...he moved around so dang fast i couldn't catch him much...haha 

Ohh ohhh almost forgot...We got to get his autograph afterwards and got our pic made with him...YAYYY   and the Steel Guitar hottie....they were sooo nice!  Andy looked cute too...he changed into a Dukes of Hazzard shirt for the autograph signing.

I am so sorry this entry is so long...but i have alot to say...if you are still reading...God love ya =)  

Sunday...I worked 4hrs....then i came home and changed and went to spend some time with my aunt...i stayed a good 4 1/2 hours...I really enjoyed it...she is finally eating and keeping it down...she fell asleep on us later in the afternoon...i said...nite nite...i know u are getting sleepy...hehe  We watched a video of the photos that they had made recently of her and her daughter...and then my aunt, mom and their other sister...it had the photos with music...it was so touching ~ i was determined to be strong and not cry..but i didn't make it through the first song...It was showing pics of my aunt and her daughter...with "In my daughters eyes" playing in the background...i just cried...and my aunt was sitting beside me..and she just grabbed my hand and said...it's ok....and i cried that much more.... Cherish every moment ....cause tomorrow is never promised....

And on that note....i'm finally gonna end this entry...lol

               Hugss...

                       ~Terri~

9 comments:

  1. hey terri...sounds like you had a good week-end...just stopping by..
    and don't worry about most of the people online..most of us are okay...but do be careful.. there are some freaks out there..
    ~christie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a great weekend!  I used to love those weekends where I could just get out of the house by myself and shop, shop, shop!!!  <grin>

    Glad you had a good time at the concert.  I must confess though...I've never heard of Andy Griggs.  ::oops::  Sorry.  I just don't listen to much country music...I had to ask Doug who he was.  LOL  

    As for you aunt...everytime I hear the song, "In My Daughter's Eyes" I cry.  The first time I heard it was on Oprah while I was pregnant with Autumn.  It's been a favorite of mine ever since.  Everytime I hear it, I wail...so I understand how hard it is to stay strong.  

    Love,
    b

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am jealous.. that is all i have to say. *Sighs* love you, Krissy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a very productive shopping trip. And a wonderful weekend. I never get to do stuff like that any more, since I have kids. I spend weekend nights at cub scouts and stuff. LOL... What fun. ;0)

    That is such a great idea that you guys made a CD of pics for your Aunt. I have an Aunt that is in stage 4 of cancer. She only has one daughter. I feel so bad for the daughter. She has no siblings to go through it with her. We are all here for her, but I think no one but a brother or sister could possibly know what she is going through. I think I will get off here and call her right now.

    Thanks for sharing the pics. My Mom is the same as your family. She is horrified that I put my kids pics on here. LOL

    ***Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Terri
    Glad you and Pam had fun at the concert!!!  Looks like Alot of Fun!  And plus the shopping spree.......wahoooooo you go girl.  At least your stylin! :o)  ((hugs))  Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. so what did you do this weekend? your entry left a lot of holes......sounds busy, here is mine. wake up, eat, nap, eat, nap, call hookers, nap, pay hookers for services, sleep.....yeah, that pretty much sums it up....have a great day and smile....

    dave

    http://journals.aol.com/otto9613944/SillyCerebralMe

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like you had a blast...and relaxing weekend...well just saying good bye...and nice to have known you I am deleting my journal...take care Andrew D.E.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it still cold up there or has it warmed up a little?  
    That concert sounds like so much fun, especially when you go with a friend.  
    The party for your mom sounds like so much fun.  I hope it turns out good and she enjoys all her funny gifts. LOL
    I'm so jealous of your shopping.  I wanna go spend money on clothes too! :)~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!  Andy Griggs!  ::Drools::  He's a hottie and I love his music!  :)  I'm jealous!   Where are you from???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!