Sunday, July 6, 2008

Beautiful Sunday....

   

"the sun and the sand & a drink in my hand...no shoes, no shirt...no problems..."

                                              Kenny Chesney

                              

    The concert is this week....woowhoooo!

Yesterday afternoon grandad got home from the hospital around 2pm....Jeff and I stopped in to visit him awhile around 5pm....he was sleeping when we walked in...but as quiet as we tried to be....he still woke up....you could tell he was just so worn out from not getting much rest during his stay in the hospital...but he was glad to be home.

We headed to my BFF house around 6pm....cause we didn't want them waiting on us to eat....before UFC..... we had grilled hamburgers that her husband had soaking in an awesome sauce he had made in the crockpot...to keep them warm and give them more flavor...and also had chips....they were so good.  The fight started around 9pm.... there were some pretty good fights , but i was disappointed that Rampage Jackson didn't take the win against Griffin... at times it looked as though he was just givin him the title on purpose ...in the 5th round ...the round you thought he would give it his all....he just didn't...I don't know what happend but i do have to say Griffin deserved the win.  The fights ended a little after midnight....and we headed home...we had a great time....as always.

We slept in this morning...Jeff woke me up letting me know he was leaving with our neighbor to go fishing on my BFF farm....they caught about 12 fish....only one would have been a keeper...so they through it back....he said if they ever catch several keepers.....we might have a fish fry at a UFC event in the future at my friends house...that would be fun!

I had put some babyback ribs in the crockpot this morning....they cooked for 4 and a half hours....then I got them out and put some bbq sauce on them and put them  in the oven for about an hour.....so by the time Jeff came in around 3:30 this afternoon....he had a hot meal on the table....we had ribs, grillin beans and corn....it was really good.

He then went to mow his uncles yard...and I watched the movie Fool's Gold....it was an okay movie....i was expecting better....the next movie I have coming from Netflix is August Rush...I heard it's really good.....

Wed. night I'm having a "Girl's Night" at my house...with my cousins Ashley, Chelsey and Jessica....we will probably watch August Rush...and stay up late doin girlie things....I am excited.....I love havin girls nights/slumber parties.....

Jessica just got engaged friday....out of town ...and has a video of the whole thing...so we will be watching that too....I'm so happy for her....she found a really great guy.....Congrats Jess & Josh!!!!

Thursday is Chelsey's 17th birthday(she is my aunt Judy's daughter)....we're gonna all go have lunch at Cheddars....I told her it was my treat....I'm gonna get her a cake too I think....I just want to do something special for her....she already picked out some clothes and stuff from her dad for her birthday....but since Judy has been gone...I feel like Chels has had to grow up way to fast....and I want her to know how much she means to me....

Then thursday afternoon/night...Jessica and I are heading to David's Bridal....that should be alot of fun....then we are going out to eat ...and then to our concert....I am so flippin excited!!!

So this week should be eventful....I am so ready for Wed. to get here already.....one day at a time....one day at a time...I keep tellin myself.

                         Until next time.....

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have some great plans...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna go *pout*

    LORI

    ReplyDelete
  3. now ribs sounds like a good idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those ribs sound heavenly.  Have fun on your hump day girls night out.  Take care.

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad to hear your granddad is home....Dinner sounds really good....have fun at the concert.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad granddad is home where he belongs.  Send me some of that delicious sounding food!!! : ) LOL  Girl's night sounds wonderful, I love girl's nights.  Have a happy week.

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad your grandad is home and doing well!
    Missie

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like lots and lots of good stuff!!

    : )
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOoooh you should get Chelsey the Cookie Monster at Cheddar's!  It's sooooooo yummy!  If you haven't tried it yet, you just must!  :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like lots of fun..are you going to treat me too? HAHAHA! Hope ya'll have a blast!
    Love ya
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like a busy week but also a blast...  enjoy my friend
    hugs
    d

    ReplyDelete
  12. girls night sounds like fun
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love reading your entries. You're always so happy and upbeat!

    That Kenny Chesney song always makes me cry... it's so true!!! Life goes by too fast, I can't believe my baby will go to 8th grade this fall. Before long she'll be driving and graduating and getting married!!

    I got Mike the new Kenny CD for Father's Day. Do you like that song "Shiftwork?" I didn't at first, but it grew on me and now I really like it!

    have a great week!
    hugs
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!