Friday, June 19, 2009

One week from today...

Tuesday I met with my Oral Surgeon...and was very pleased...he is a very nice young man (around late 20's , early 30's) he made me feel very comfortable and at ease.... we made the decision that on next friday, the 26th...one week from today I will be having 19 teeth removed....they will be putting me out through an IV(not sure if I will be out completely or just almost)....I told him I would leave that up to him....

Jeff is taking off from work to take me....I'm not gonna beat around the bush.... I'm scared..... for many reasons

  • Only been to a dentist three times in my life, 2 being consultations now
  • I've never had an IV before...and been put out
  • Scared of the pain I may have to face, although I know I will have pain meds....
  • Really worried about not being able to eat all the things I love without any back/side teeth

Any suggestions on foods I might be able to eat until my gums heal would be appreciated....things I can think of include jello, ice cream, soups, pudding....possibly watermelon(seedless of course)....please give me some ideas.... so I can have them handy when I go to the grocery....

That is all thats been on my mind this week....is what is fixing to happen and my fears and also excitement....because I know it is one step closer to getting my dentures and having a beautiful smile.....

After getting these pulled I will wait several months and in the beginning of 2010....I will get my impressions, front teeth pulled and get my dentures....

Even with insurance we are going to be out alot of money for the Oral Surgeon....please Pray, send good thoughts, vibes whatever you can our way....that everything falls into place and that the cost doesn't put a strain on us.... I know my health is worth every penny.....I just have to keep telling myself that!

Just wanted to post what's been going on this week....by next friday my nerves will be shot...lol I think I will be okay..... I'm just a skeerdy cat!

Have a great weekend everyone!

7 comments:

  1. soups, puddings, spahgettio's,ravioli's,baby food or you can use a blender and mush every thing , I've done that already, mash potatoes gravy,eggs well you get the idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Sherry and I suggest the things you already named. That is good enough. You can stand on your head and gargle p-nut butter that long. You will enjoy your teeth much longer. I know you will keep the end product in mind, that is what counts. I think you will be surprised, what you can do once the deed is done and you really face it. I have always faced the unknown by saying I am not the first. If these other folks can hack it, I can. So just hang in there and go with the flow. You will do great and be very happy.!!!!!
    Jack & Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah.. You will have to go that long before you have your dentures? I had no idea it took that long!

    On the bright side, with only being able to eat the foods you've named, I bet you'll lose weight also. BONUS! :)

    I don't blame you for being scared though Terri. I would be too. I'm not a big fan of going to the dentist. I'll say a prayer for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm...mashed potatoes and gravy, bananas, smoothies would be a great idea, so buy lots of fruit and frozen yogurt, maybe ramen noodles, plus everything you already mentioned.

    Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. when i had my front teeth knocked out, i lived on taco bell pintos-n-cheese and arby's jamocha shakes. i couldnt bite down on anything and had to suck in with the straw on the side of my mouth or put little tiny spoons of beans back there.

    mashed yams, oatmeal, cream of wheat, baby food (but you would have to season it) and anything you can put in a blender.

    i have to go to the dentist too and i am scared because its been a good 15 years since i have had a check up but like you say, good health is worth it.

    sending good thoughts your way

    xxalainaxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ((((Terri)))
    I am so excited for you!!! Your going to be fine. They gave me twilight sleep, which is your pretty much out. I remember nothing-no memory of one single tooth being extracted. The next thing I knew, the doc was talking to me and making sure that I was coming out of the anesthesia ok. And then they popped in my new teeth!!
    You never called me girlfriend!! I have a ton of suggestions for food for ya and that website/group that I told you about has lots and lots of recipes. Would you still like for me to send it? And call me!! :))
    I'm so happy for you.

    Huggers, Gayla

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ate mashed potatoes a day or so after having my wisdom teeth out. :) And of course jello, pudding, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!