
Hey everyone!
Friday morning at 8am was my appointment with the Oral Surgeon...I had 19 teeth extracted....I have 12 remaining....all my front teeth.... 6 on the top and 6 on the bottom....
Jeff said he wanted them to pull all of them but my 2 front teeth..LOL A real character he is... :)~
We were out of the office about 9:05.... I did fine until the nurses were walking me out to the truck and I met Jeff in the hallway....the look on his face was pitiful...I started to tear up but didn't want to cry in front of the nurses....once I got in the truck the tears started to flow....
Jeff said "Aww babe don't cry" I said I'm not crying in pain, i'm crying cause of the pitiful look on your face when you saw me...LOL He said well "I can't take seeing you like this....I would take the pain in a heartbeat... "
I have had no pain though whatsoever, just a headache for the first few hours I was home....but have been getting the best rest/sleep of my life on these Lortabs.....
I am very very pleased with my Oral Surgeon and his staff and would recommend them to anyone....they were wonderful!
They didn't put me completely out through IV...I could still hear them talking....and could feel them push my head a little and tug...but never felt any pain.... I remember hearing one of the nurses say I was a good patient....and the Dr. said...."Yeah she is wonderful" :) It's easy to be a good patient when you are in wonderful care like I was.....
Jeff waited on me hand and foot yesterday....anything I needed he was right there....replacing my gauze, giving me meds, bringing me lots of liquids and pudding, soup or jello when needed... I have the best husband in the world....I love him with all my heart!
Around 4 in the afternoon I could tell it was killing him to be indoors, Jeff is not one to sit around and do nothing....in taking care of me, he also cleaned house yesterday....and I could tell he was itching to get outdoors.... I told him by then I was okay....and could change my own gauze....if he wanted to go take care of any of his yards feel free to do so....I would be fine.... instead he went ahead and mowed ours....and a friend of his brought some dirt over to fill in where the pool use to be....so we can throw down some grass seed and get some grass growing.....eventually I would like to have one of the bigger inflatable blue pools at walmart.....I've heard they are really good....they are under $300 most the time too....might wait to get one in the fall on clearance or something and set it up next summer....
It is miserable today....Jeff worked till noon today then went and mowed some yards, he came in around 3:30 and wiped his head and face down, got some water and headed back out...said it's the hottest day so far....I think the heat index is 105......
It's 7:16....he is done mowing for the day...he stopped and got his mom some meds, she is feeling bad....and is taking them to her...and then he will be home.....
I got some beautiful roses from my inlaws...as you can see! I married into the best family.....I love them!
I still plan on sharing my pics from the Grand Ole Opry....I had a blast....my pics didn't turn out great, I had to lighten them on here...but they are good enough for me....I have the memories! I need to get a camera that takes great indoor/stadium/low light pics....
Hope your all having a great weekend!
Oh I am so sorry to hear about the surgery but you are a trooper and I will say prayers that you come through recovery just as strongly. I always cry when I get out of the dentist so it's okay if you need to. Much hugs and sending prayers,
ReplyDeleteLisa
PS the roses are beautiful
I know you weren't in pain , you was hopped up on pain meds dreaming of baldie! lol!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear every thing went allright!
Hi Terry! So glad this is behind you and its one day closer to being at a place where you want to be! You are so brave and strong, what an inspiration. Your husband and inlaws are dolls for taking such good care of you! You are blessed! Can't wait to eyeball the concert pictures! God Bless!
ReplyDelete(((Terri))))
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you that everything went well. Can't wait to see your beautiful smile!!
Take good care my friend :)
Huggers, Gayla
Oh Terri I am so sorry about having to having your teeth pulled. I have only experience my wisdom teeth being pulled never understand that unless it makes room for the other teeth. There went my wisdom. My father had all his teeth so I guess we were blessed with good teeth. I hope you get along OK and the worse part is over. I feel bad I was out shopping
ReplyDeleteand didn't know you were in surgery. I could have shopped for us both.
Shirl
Take good care of yourself Terri. That is a lot of teeth to be pulled in one day but the best to do it that way, Since I had lost so much weight when Lee died and it was soon after they pulled mine 2 at a time and then the bottom 5 all at once then put my dentures in. That was the hardest and most painful taking them in and out. You will feel so much better and I didn't have a Jeff. You take care of you my girl. I thought the bad taste in my mouth was the worst part of it. Terri you will be so happy and maybe we will get a picture of you with a big grin when everything looks and feels normal.
ReplyDeleteTake good care, sweetie. I'm so glad it went well, overall. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd btw, your husband and in-laws ROCK.
xoxo
(((terri)))
ReplyDeletetake care and take it easy during your recovery.
xxalainaxx
Atta Girl, you are doing great. It is good to hear you brag on jeff. You guys have a great marriage. You will be past this 'bump' in no time. Glad that visit to the Oral Surgeon is behind you!
ReplyDeleteTake care of yourself,
Sherry & jack
I hope you're feeling better now! I hate getting dental work done, so I can only imagine how uncomfortable it must have been for you. But Loritab is an amazing painkiller!
ReplyDeleteOh wow I didn't realize you were getting teeth pulled so soon! I hope you're feeling ok. So curious, how exactly will you eat until the rest are pulled and you actually get the false teeth put in? Do you have to have a special softer diet for a while? I'd go crazy and starve! LOL
ReplyDelete