Yesterday afternoon we went to Moms to celebrate Fathers Day...she had BBQ'ed 3 huge Boston Butts with or without dip...made potato salad, baked beans, corn, and salad ...it was all sooo delicious! I think we all went back for seconds....I loveeee my mamas cookin :)
My stepbrother and his family didn't make it...they were preparing for their vacation next week to Florida....I'm jealous I wanna go to Fl. one of these days I will finally get to see the ocean and stand with my feet in the sand soaking up the rays....hopefully next year...not sure where we will go but I wanna go see the ocean I do know that!
My stepsister and niece were at moms....it was good to see them...little Emma is really growing...she acted shy at first...but then she came around :) Jacob wasn't there....he was with his daddy.
I gave the commuter cup to my stepdad with Jacobs pic on it....I think he really liked it....I hope so anyways!
We got a heavy downpour last night....while at moms we heard thunder...but it waited till we had been home an hour or so before it hit...
Jeff is mowing his last 2 yards for the week this morning, trying to beat the heat...it's 84 degrees right now....we've had temps around 96-98 this week.....he's had to mow here and there to work around the rain....he tries not to have to mow on weekends but most the time he has to due to weather....
I got a rack of ribs in the crockpot, ribs again? Yes we love them :) I'm going to cook them for about 6 hours in the crock....let them cool then put them in the fridge till tomorrow afternoon, get them out and put my BBQ sauce on them and bake them for tomorrow nights supper.... I've never done that before we usually put them right in the oven after the crockpot....but gonna try this method and see if they are just as good the next day, which I doubt they will be....but we will see...
This afternoon we plan on going somewhere for dinner...not sure where yet... either Applebees,Texas Roadhouse, Cheddars ....we may venture over to Indiana and try a place a coworker was telling me about called "The Black Buggy"....it's owned by Amish I believe...and it's a buffet...I've heard it's really really good....anyone ever been there? Did you like it?
I guess I need to go put a load of clothes in the dryer....and wash my dishes.....and clean house a little before we leave....
Happy Fathers Day!!!
Hope you all have a wonderful day....
9 years ago
I have to ask...what in the world is a Boston butt? It sounds...ummm...interesting. LOL
ReplyDeleteI've been to Amish buffets before in Ohio...they're fabulous!
Have a wonderful Sunday!
I'm laughing because when I saw 3 huge Boston.....I immediately thought why would she have 3 huge Boston cream pies? Oh well, that is what you get for having a vegetarian reader.
ReplyDelete~Mary
i know what boston butt is but what in the hell is dipping sauce?
ReplyDeleteMy grandaughter always grills Boston Butts but I have never, that I know of had any. Tell your mom that aLL SOUNDS SO GOOD, and you have confirmed that it was good. I bet if my grandaughter didn't live in Texas I would have tasted them by now. Glad you all had a good time plus good food. Take care of your babies. My dad was a good man. I wish I could have been born earlier in his life.
ReplyDeleteI know the food was delicious. Glad everyone had a good time. It is so hard to believe the heat when we didn't make 70 today. It is cool but WET here. the creeks and rivers are near the banks.
ReplyDeleteI can' wait for you to see the ocean either. I hope we are still aroound ont he blog, I want to hear it.
Take care, Love Ya!
Jack & Shery
Hehe, I was wondering what a Boston Butt was too!!!
ReplyDeleteHaha, I had to use google because I didn't know what a boston butt was either. I hate not knowing things. "A Boston Butt is a cut of pork that comes from the upper part of the shoulder from the front leg and may contain the blade bone.[1] Smoked or barbecued Boston butt is an oft found item at barbecues in the southern U.S.
ReplyDeleteSo know I know. So tell me, how do you cook your ribs in the crock pot? I have never done that but I bet it makes them tender. Do you add water or anything or just put them in the crockpot for that long. Do tell. I wanna try it. Something different. I get tired of eating the same old stuff!
It sounds like you all had lots of fun at your mom's house. I wish I could of seen my dad.
Hope you have a great week.
*drooling*
ReplyDeleteglad y'all had a good day!
xxalainaxx