Monday, March 6, 2006

Saying goodbye...and celebrating your life

         ~*~*~*Happy 44th Birthday Judy*~*~*~

The above pics were taken at Judy's home in June 04'...after Judy had been diagnosed with Cancer... Look at that smile...even after the fact ~ amazing!  Above are Judy, her husband Mike and daughter Chelsey...they were her joy....her life!

Yesterday was visitation at the funeral home...there must have been around 500 people who came through there...it was crowded nonstop the whole day ~ Judy touched many peoples lives....They played a song which got her through many tough days in her cancer journey...it was a favorite of her's...called "You Raise me up"....and also played was a song my cousin chose for her "It's your love"...and a song my aunt wanted to play for her but never got the chance to...the song..."When I get where i'm going".... There wasn't a dry eye in the funeral home....

Today is the funeral...not only are we mourning her death...but we are also celebrating her life with us... Today is her 44th birthday and I know in my heart that she is having one heck of a party up in heaven...

As the text in the pic says...You will forever be in our hearts Judy... I missed you before you were even gone... and I will continue missing you all the days of my life....

             I love you.....

                        (((((((Judy)))))))

*I know many people were prolly wondering, in my last entry the pic was of my aunt Judy and her daddy(my grandad)...that was the same BBQ...as the pics above. And again...Nae made this beautiful graphic for me....thanks girl!  I love it

16 comments:

  1. sorry about ur loss , u are in my prayers i can feel the love they all had for each othere just lookin at the pics :) shes in a better place now believe me , i will light a candle for her soul :) blessings , amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. she really touched so many ives!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures were beautiful.  
    Were here for you.
    <3, emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Death is never an easy thing to deal with.
    I am sending you all my best, not that it is nearly enough,
    But I am sure with my best and everyones elses, you will be fine.

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of hugs Terri.  Beautiful tribute...  XOOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kind of ironic, but totally appropriate, that her birthday should also fall on the day of her funeral.  Celebrate her life...celebrate until you can't celebrate anymore.  

    Only 44 years old though...so young.  She's not even that much older than me.  Definitely makes me appreciate all that I have in my life.  

    How's her daughter handling all this?  

    You're still in my thoughts and prayers, T.

    XO,
    bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful picture.  Nae did a fabulous job.  And the visitation sounds like it went very well.  Praying for you.  GBU, Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe there is a celebration going on in Heaven and I'm sure you all will do her justice in celebrating her life, as you have in mourning her loss.  The music selections for the viewing are beautiful.  Hugs to your family and to you in this terrible time of sadness.  Take care of yourself.  Barb  

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi sweetie
    My heart and prayers go out to you and your family
    I just found out about your aunts passing. Know that
    I am here if you need anything at all
    Love ya, Marina

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry about your family's loss.  I hope you can find closure and keep remembering that she is having that birthday party--feeling no pain--and looking down on you guys....

    what a beautiful tribute!

    Love,
    holly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Terri, I am sooo sorry to hear about your Aunt. I know how much she meant to you. Just keep in mind that she isn't suffering anymore.
    I feel so bad that I had my alerts turned off and wasn't here to leave you comments when this happened.. Sorry hun. If you ever need anyone to talk to, IM me.

    (((HUGS)))

    ***Monica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for visiting my journal. I am definately praying for you and all your family as you say "Goodbye". My daughter died when she was 2 yrs old from AML leukemia. I hate cancer. One thing I found that cancer can't do, is take away your faith in Christ. He stayed with us and most importantly Jordyn until he took her home. Even at just 2 yrs old she loved him so much.

    God Bless

    Christy http://journals.aol.com/my3gifts/TalesfromtheFrontandtheonesleftB/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful graphic.  Sending hugs your way sweetie.

    Terra

    ReplyDelete
  14. My heart goes out for her family.  But you are right, she is better off now and will watch over her daughter.

    Chris
    http://inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Terri, what a beautiful tag Nae made as a tribute.  Judy was a beautiful woman and so young.  Of course, she is at peace.  Praying that all of you will find peace and comfort dealing with the loss of a special friend, mother, daughter, wife.  You won't ever forget but time will help ease the pain of loss. How is your grandad doing?  Losing a child is so very hard especially the older one gets.  No one ever expects a child to leave before they do.   HUGS  Chris

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's so hard to read these dedications and not cry.

    "not only are we mourning her death...but we are also celebrating her life with us..."

    I guess that says it all. How lucky she is to be loved and missed by so many. And though she is in a better place I'm sure she's missing you all too!

    ~ Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!