Sunday, September 3, 2006

Missing my Aunt Judy...

Jeff and I have been watching home videos from the past...I am so glad that i captured all of those precious memories on video. I've been thinking about my aunt Judy alot lately...and missing her more and more. She has been gone 6 months today...I would give anything if i could go back in time and have just one more day with her...to tell her just how much i love her and how much she means to me...during her last few months...I kinda kept my feelings to myself...about her cancer...and my fears of losing her...I wanted her to think that i was dealing with everything okay when inside i was falling apart!

We have watched videos of all of our christmas gatherings( we were always Santa for her daughter Chelsey) while they were away at church...and after we would all meet at their house..and watch Chelsey enjoy all of her gifts, It was a tradition for us...as was spending New Years Eve together every year...we've been watching those on video also...Playing games, singing Karaoke, toasting to a great year ahead..etc....Memories i will cherish forever!

During her last week with us ..we were there every day after work until late in the night...and on our way home at least 3 times that week... on the radio the song "Calling all Angels" by Train would come on... and at the time i wasn't willing to "Let go" yet, to say my goodbyes... and in the song it says...I won't give up, if you don't give up.... and that just hit me like a ton of bricks...and it was in that moment that i stopped being selfish...and realized it was time to say my goodbyes to my aunt Judy...and let her know it was okay to go now.... That song was a sign from her even before she had gone!   Everytime i hear that song it touches me deeply.

Missing you more everyday Judy...

       I love you the whole wide world!

 

* Thanks for the wonderful graphic Nae, you don't know how much it means to me...

17 comments:

  1. aaawww.. hugs to you.  Cherish those memories :)  Beautiful graphic.
    d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be thankful for those memories (which I know you are!).  Many of have never experience the deep love of a blood relative.  I'm glad she was so good and special to you!

    LORI

    Who I am… underneath it all:  
    http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/DiscoveringMe

    My Spiritual Journal:  
    http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/PreciousMetal

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful to have both the memories in your head and also the memories on video of your aunt.  They are priceless.
    Hugs and love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry you have lost Judy on earth......but i am so grateful you had her as long as you did and i know she knew how loved she was by you!! What a beautiful tribute to her from you.
    Love,lisa jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweetie you're in my prayers and thoughts. Each anniversary mark is one I think that just really makes us stop and take pause. You're in my heart and prayers. I'm glad you have the video's, they're a precious gift.

    God Bless
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  6. {{{{{Terri}}}}}   I feel your pain, honey.  I know how much your aunt Judy meant to you, and how sad you were and still are at her loss.  I pray that it gets better for you.  That the pain you feel in your heart will lessen as time goes on.  I love the song "Calling all Angels" by Train.  I have it in my side bar of favorite places so I can listen to it whenever I want to.  Which is alot.

    Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry for your loss. It's so hard to lose someone you love so much I don't think the hurt ever goes away love vicky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your sadness passes soon. Good that you are remembering the good times.
    Hugs, Barb  

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was so hard for you to say goodbye to her and yet you were so strong through the whole thing. I like to think since we're missing them, they miss us too. Find some quiet time, take a drive, look into the sunset and start talking. She will hear you....
    Love and Hugs,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terri
    Its so wonderful that you have some of the times you shared together on videotape.  You can look at those tapes and just cherish those times.  Beautiful tribute to your Aunt.  (((hugs)))  Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful tribute to your aunt Judy, I'm glad you have those memories and videos to cherish forever.
    take care~
    ~Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tribute to Judy....  I know it was hard to let go and say goodbye.      ((((Terri))))))))))))
    ~Meg

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even when you know the end is coming, it doesn't help the grief any does it? Just be thankful you have all the memories on tape. Its like they are frozen in time and you can go back and relive it each time you watch it.

    Love ya hun,

    ***Monica

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so nice that you have those videos to watch, Terri.  You can always keep her with you.  They say it will get easier with time so I hope that someday you don't ache quite so bad.  HUGS  Chris

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that song too. I'm glad you have a "sign" to let you know she's still with you sweetie. Your in my thoughts and prayers. I've known you a while and know how much she means to you.
    (((Love & HUgs)))
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Terri,

    Sorry it took me so long to get here.  The time does go by very fast, I cant believe that my dad has been gone almost 9 years now.  The memories of their smile, laugh, smell, it is all so fresh in our memories.  Trust me your aunt knows how she means to you.  

    Hugs,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Big hugs Terri!!!  GBU, Shelly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!