Good Mornin'....
We were awaken this morning at 4:36am...by a 5.4 Earthquake...based in Illinois....
OMG it scared the crap out of me...our bed shook...and I laid there thinking I was imagining things....and then it shook again real hard(along with the rest of the house)...and I said....damn was that an earthquake...Jeff jumped out of bed and said it was something.....
I turned on the tv...it wasn't talking about it, then my MIL called and said she felt it too....she first thought someone was breaking in her house....cause the house was shaking....scary stuff.....
I've been in 3 earthquakes in my time that i can remember....but this was the hardest one I felt.
At 5am on the news they said it was a 5.4....but they are going to be modifying the details throughout the day....
I need to head to work now...just had to jot this down.....
Have a good day everyone
Until next time.....
[Edit]
Initially reported as a 5.4-magnitude earthquake, the USGS revised its estimate to 5.2. Two aftershocks during the next three hours measured 2.6 and a 2.5.
Good grief-hope there's no after shocks.
ReplyDeletePraying that everyone fared well.
connie
Glad you are ok.
ReplyDeleteyikes! glad you're all ok
ReplyDeletehugs
d
I hate quakes!!!
ReplyDeleteBecky
I heard about the quake this morning on the news! Glad you're okay. Believe it or not, we get earthquakes here in PA. We had one last year.
ReplyDeleteMissie
I just read about this in another journal! WOW huh! I hope nothing was damaged by you! Have a great day at work.
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh...that's crazy. I'm glad everyone is okay.
ReplyDeletewe felt one a few years ago ...a 4 point something... it felt like a mack truck was driving through the living room. scary.
you take it easy doll~
~Bernie
I heard about it on the news this morning! I've felt tremors . . . they are scary enough. Toledo news said folks felt it up our way . . . not me . . . I was sound asleep. ;o)
ReplyDeleteLORI
Just amazing, my friend Emily down in Bowling Green felt it! I read that it was felt all the way in Des Moines, Iowa 450 miles away from the epicenter! Truly amazing (and totally scary).
ReplyDeleteWe felt it all the way over here where I'm at!! I didn't actually feel it here at my house, but I heard it. I guess it was my house popping or something. I thought it was one of my kids kicking the wall in their sleep. LOL I'm glad you didn't have any damage!
ReplyDelete***Monica
Sorry, but I am going to take a second and laugh. LOL That is just a little tembler. Try going through a 7.0. The Northridge earthquake out here was very scary. Anyway, glad your nerves are ok now and hope you have a fun but not shaking weekend. : )
ReplyDeleteAllison
4:36 by a shaking home is no fun way to wake. Glad everyone is ok. ~Mary
ReplyDeleteMan that must have been quite scary! I can't imagine what that would even feel like.
ReplyDeleteIt shook me awake, too, and when I turned on WHAS 11 they were just coming back from a commercial and saying that yes, that was an earthquake we felt. I didn't feel any of the aftershocks, though.
ReplyDeleteLori
We didn't feel it down here in N. Alabama....but a few years back we had one. it IS scary!!
ReplyDelete~Meg