Sunday, April 27, 2008

Overnight trip to Tenn. Part 2

           

We got back to the hotel after the concert about 11:30pm...came in got settled down and ordered room service from a nice Italian restaurant...I ordered chicken fettuccini alfredo...with breadsticks & a great tomato sauce...with a side salad ....Jeff ordered a meat stromboli that was flat and half the size of a pizza with a large side salad...he let me try a bite of the strom...it was delicious.  They gave you plenty to eat for the price...thats for sure...

We finally went to sleep around 2am...in a nice and comfy huge king size bed with 6 pillows on it... I was in heaven and slept like a baby....

We got up friday morning about 9am...got ready and left the hotel to go to Opry Mills Mall in Nashville...we love this mall...have been there about 4 times now... it is huge compared to ours and has so many great stores in it...Apple Barn, Yankee Candle, Bass Pro Shop, Nike factory outlet..just to name a few....

Some things we picked up:

*Jeff and I both Bass Pro Shop tshirts for 5 bucks each....mine is pink , his is gray...we're gonna wear them fishing...lol

*Jeff got the Banjo Minnows he has been seeing on tv...to use when fishing...they had them at Bass Pro Shop

* I got 5 necklaces at a place where everything was 80% off...I got them for $3 each

* At Bath and Body works I got 2 cherry blossom foaming hand soap and one wild honeysuckle....love those...and also got 2 cherry blossom candles...buy one get one free

* Jeff had a chrome license plate made for me with my name in pink for my expedition....it's so pretty...I love it!

* I got some jewelry cleaner that can be used on multiple surfaces such as sunglasses, all jewelry, furniture to remove hard water stains etc...and a polishing cloth that takes scratches out of your jewelry and polishes them beautifully....Yep it was a stand in the middle of the mall where the reel you in...hook , line and sinker...they got me..lol  The product really worked, I was impressed...Jeff was too...the dude thru in the large bottle if i bought the cleaning cloth too...so we did....

* Jeff had a massage by some really nice chinese people...I thought it was called a chinese accupuncture massage...but Jeff thought i was wrong...all i know was it was a massage..lol  As you know Jeff's back has been giving him trouble...so he really enjoyed that....

* We sat in the massaging chairs...$1 for 3 minutes...I did it twice it felt good!

* Then we both laid in this Spa massaging bed...it looks like a tanning bed but you lay face down...and a plastic cover lays on top of you and water beats down on you, the pressure to your liking..and you can stop the water on a certain area if you like...to massage one area more... I let it go nonstop up and down my whole body... the lady said if Jeff and I both did it...she would give us 15mins for $10 each.... best $20 bucks we ever spent...OMG it was awesome... So awesome Jeff said we need to find out if we have one here in town somewhere...where we could go do it...maybe twice a month....he liked it better than the actual chinese massage...

* We got done shopping...and went to eat dinner at Tony Roma's...we both had steak, ribs, sweet corn fritter casserole...I had loaded mashed taters and he had a baked tater...it was delicious...

We headed back to Kentucky about 4pm...and got back around 6pm...had to go pick up Beau at my MIL's...she babysat him for us...haha   He loves his mawmaw =)

Not sure if i mentioned it or not...but I bought a Bon Jovi tshirt and a Daughtry tshirt at the concert...Jeff surprised me while the show was going on and came back and put something in the bag....when we got back to the hotel...he gave it to me...a Bon Jovi...Lost Highway Tour mousepad...Awwww....I love my husband!!!

At the concert before it started they were handing everyone..what looked like a backstage pass..that said Bon Jovi on the part that when around your neck...and the pass said...Bon Jovi Lost Highway tour...and had part of a Saturn on it...it was cool looking...it had info where u could enter to win the car...but the necklace/pass...was a cool little souviner.

I'm sure i am forgetting something...but we had a wonderful time...memories to cherish for sure!

                Until Next time....

13 comments:

  1. nice road trip , glad you had fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you had a fantastic time.  Great pics of the concert too!  And doing all that shopping, wish I was with you! LOL : )  Have a happy tomorrow.  Luv ya!

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like y'all had a great getaway :)

    I LOVE honeysuckle scents.  I can smell a honeysuckle bush a mile away!  ....and I just love that you call them mashed 'taters' ;)

    take it easy doll~
    ~Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you guys got to enjoy all that!

    A bit jealous too. LOL

    ***Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great trip!  I'm so jealous you got to go to Tony Roma's.  :(  That sucks!!!  All ours in this area closed.  I soooooo miss their ribs and corn fritter casserole.  HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great trip :) I'm glad you all had a good time.
    Thanks again for sharing Bon Jovi and Daughtry :)

    Hugs,
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so awesome!! Just awesome!
    Hugs
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terri, cool tag!  I want to copy it but don't know how to put my name where yours is.  Can you do that for me & send it to me?  I LOVE IT!

    Yes, we're going to the concert this week.  'Cept I don't know what night.  Why?  Because idiot me forgot to call my friend & set it up.  Sent her an email today, with my fingers crossed, and am waiting to hear if it's Wed or Thurs night she can get us in.  I'm buying the tickets, so they're not free, but since it's sold out I'm having to go an inside route (if she can get them).  Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terri, what fun you had!!!!!  Awesome!!  love ya! Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you had a good time!
    You remind me of my Mom, finding all those great deals when you shop.......We'd tease Mom, callin her the Sale Bloodhound..........She'd come in with two large paper Macy's bags and say.....I got all this stuff for 27.63 cents......lol........

    ANgel

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you guys had a wonderful time!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! sounds like a really good time! I am sooo jealous ;) I love those massage water things they feel sooo good! Glad you had such a nice time love v
    ps. hubbies a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!