Saturday, May 24, 2008

18 yrs ago today, Jeff asked me if i would be his girl =)

                

In October of 1989...I was 15yrs old and worked a part-time job at a local cafe' as a dishwasher...anything to make a little cash as I've always liked to spend it =)

Anyways..my mom was taking me to work...and when we went out to get in the car...a coworker(Jeff) of my stepdads..had brought my stepdad home from work that day...and as i got in moms car I said "whoowhooo... who is that little hottie" haha!

Mom was like...i guess someone that works with Gary(my stepdad)...little did I know my stepdad had asked Jeff to come out that night to watch movies and hangout...

It all began from there...I know many of you will gasp at this next paragraph...and if so, then so be it...but i hope you understand...the age difference between Jeff and I is 10yrs...and back in 1990...when we started dating...I was 15...and Jeff was 25....I had the consent of my parents to date him, I believe he even asked my stepdad and maybe mom as well what they would think about me and Jeff dating....

Between Oct 1989 and May of 1990...Jeff and I had went out with a couple other people...but were always the best of friends...he came over nearly every day and weekend to hangout....in fact he introduced me to his cousin who was closer to my age, because he told me later...he wasn't so sure what others would think about our age difference... I went out with his cousin a few times, Jeff went to some of the same parties we went to...and my eyes were always on Jeff, he just held a special place in my heart...he had always been there to listen to any problems, concerns, feelings that may have crossed my mind from time to time and was just a wonderful friend, my best friend...and I had fallen in LOVE.

I still remember our first kiss , in the driveway at moms...in an old Ford pickup truck...it was a moment I will never forget.

In those months before he asked me to "go with" him and be his girl...we went to races together and things...just as friends...

Mom always said..."Terri, I'm not dumb i knew there was more to it than that"...lol

Earlier in May of 90' Jeff and I had went over to David's.. one of his best friends house(our best man in our wedding)...and Jeff had asked him what he thought about our age difference...and about us possibly dating...all the while I was in David's grandmas house...hangin out with her and keeping her company...I didn't know that Jeff had went over there to ask David what he thought about "Us".....David told him, if you love her...thats all you need to know...and if her parents are okay with it...go for it!   

So on May 24, 1990...in that old Ford pickup truck in moms drive...Jeff asked me to be his girl, and gave me his class ring to wear...it was huge on me...I wore it on my index finger with yarn wrapped around it so many times until it fit...remember doing that girls?  hehe  I was so proud when I went to school to show off that ring...and that I had found my first boyfriend, my first "True Love".....

  

After dating for 5yrs...we decided to get married...on July 29th, 1995...we have been together 18yrs total....in this day and time that simply amazes me...we have a few songs we call our own...thought I would share a couple with you....I dream of someday hopefully on our 25th wedding anniversary going to Hawaii...and if we do I would love to renew our vows on the beach...if so I would like at least one of our songs to be played... =)

Amazed: Lonestar

From this moment: Shania Twain/Bryan White ( This will be the one played if we renew our vows in Hawaii)

Happy 18th dating anniversary Jeff!!!

I love you with all my heart...

                  always and forever!

*Thanks to Donna and Robyn for the beautiful graphics...

                                      

9 comments:

  1. Awww, so sweet!  Kissing in an old Ford pick up truck  . . . sounds like a country song!

    LORI

    ReplyDelete
  2. : )  That was so sweet.  I love reading stuff like this.  You got married the day after my birthday and my anniversary to Rene is July 21.  Hope you have the most wonderful holiday weekend.  Luv ya!

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW That is an amazing story Terri!  Doesn't time fly?  I hope you two enjoy your day.

    I have a similar situation with the age thing only my husband is 14 years older.  Several people had issues with that, but not me :)

    From this MoMent On was our wedding song.  I have it on my I-POD and it always puts a smile on my face.

    Have a great weekend,

    Ann~

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww...that's a really sweet entry.  Happy anniversary!! I can't believe you guys have been together so long!  Renewing your vows in Hawaii would be awesome, I hope you get to do it!  Our wedding song was "Your Song" by Elton John.

    Hope you have a great weekend!
    hugs
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Dating Anniversary!
    Missie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are two great songs, and congrats on today.  :)  I had no idea your age difference was 10 yrs, but then again maybe I did and I just didn't realize you started dating at 15 and 25.  But who the hell cares if your parents had said ok.  :)  I guess it just goes to show you must have been more mature for your age...or at least your parents thought so.  ;)  (((HUGS)))
    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you and Jeff many more years together.
    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! Wishing you many more years together!!

    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  9. :)
    eyes welling up with happy tears! ....you'd think I was pregnant!  (I'M NOT!)

    Congratulations on celebrating 18 years together!  That's a rare blessing these days and you two are so lucky to have found and fallen in love with your best friend :)

    Here's to many more years of happiness together...and a few trips to Hawaii :)

    ~Bernie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...feel free to leave me some love... I really appreciate it!